* Liverpool 2024-2025 thread *

10,273 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by jeffk
eiggA2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah I think so. Seems like agent speak for he wants a new contract. Plus his buddy Jude is there makes for an easy link. Also that virtually every player wants to play for RM at some point.
hoosierAG
AG
Yeah, not surprising with Jude and the RM draw. It's hard to imagine him leaving Liverpool, but at 25 and in the last year of his contract with what feels like FSG doing their frugal way of things = better get it taken care of soon.
Crispin Torque
I love Trent, but a huge transfer fee would fund a new RB and another upgrade or two.

I think its likely that Salah and Van Dijk are not extended and leave next summer on free transfers. Alisson may decide to take the Saudi money at the same time.

If Trent doesnt want to live through the transition and be part of the new core, we should sell him now.
AG@RICE
AG
FSG rarely let's a player in their prime walk without making a proper offer. I'm confident TAA will be at LFC unless he just doesn't want to be there.
jeffk
AG
Wouldn't be summer without players rumored to be on the move to Real!
YNWA.2013
Or Barcelona
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
Or Saudi Arabia!
OregonAggie
AG
Liverpool have to try to keep TAA but ultimately he makes the decision. I think he stays with a significant salary increase.

My stance with TAA, Salah, and VVD would be that they sign before end of July or we will try to sell them to wherever they want to go.

Letting any of these guys leave on a free transfer is crazy to me. I know we get less money selling them the summer before their contract is up but at least we would get something.
YNWA.2013
Trent Alexander-Arnold is committed to Liverpool with the Reds hopeful the 25-year-old England right-back will sign a new contract amid interest from Real Madrid. (The Sun)

Rumours are he is expected to sign a 5 year contract on 300k GBP/week
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
We're going to make a signing!
hoosierAG
AG
Not bad at all group coming for the USA tour. And LFC has said they hope to have the likes of Becker, TAA, etc and others that went far in the Copa and Europa to join later in the tour.

Either way, very excited as fam is going to the match vs Man U in Colombia on 8/3, and at least we have a chance to see quite a few regulars. At least more than I was expecting.

RossG_2
AG
Yeah I'm fine with it too. I knew when I bought my ticket for Columbia that a lot of starters would be missing. I saw lots of complaints about the squad on social media but it turns out that's mostly from morons. I'd pay money to watch Mo and Robbo play ping pong if I had to so I'm pumped about next Saturday.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Have we seen the away kit yet?
jeffk
AG
I don't think so.
hoosierAG
AG
Szo showing at least the jersey last night in Philly
ChipFTAC01
AG
What event was that at?
YNWA.2013
Miles better than our awful home kit this season
-FTA c/o 2013
hoosierAG
AG
YNWA.2013 said:

Miles better than our awful home kit this season
Amen. If I was to get one for this year, it's clearly this one.
jeffk
AG
Is it just solid black?
hoosierAG
AG
It was some fan event at a hotel in Philly....had a few players panel discussion and James Carpenter did some of his anthem songs.
hoosierAG
AG
There is some light green piping on top shoulder area and same on bottom of sleeve and inner sides.
YNWA.2013

-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
Looks sharp. Is that a real blue or is it the same liver building green they've used on previous kits?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Klopp retires for good
YNWA.2013
That's not what he said
-FTA c/o 2013
OregonAggie
AG
Quansah looks like he should play quite a bit this year.

Kelleher looks like he needs to do more footwork drills
jeffk
AG
Elliot looks great. Weird to see Mo with no hair and also to have Carvalho back out there.
YNWA.2013
Looks like that teal that was on the black 3rd kit from the '19-'20 season

P.S. All three were great kits from that (EPL Title Winning) season!
-FTA c/o 2013
YNWA.2013
Did y'all see that we were close to selling Joe Gomez to Newcastle at the beginning of July? Rumour is we were selling him for 45M GBP in a deal that would see Anthony Gordon move to Liverpool for 75M GBP. A convoluted way of getting Anthony Gordon for 30M GBP. But Newcastle cancelled the deal as they figure out some other way to meet PSR standards by June 30.

I, personally, don't like that deal. We are going to need a left footed attacking player in the future once Salah leaves or hangs up his boots (or whatever that decision is going to be). And if Elliott is going to play more in midfield than in attack, that is where we will need a great player. We already have multiple right footed players that can play across the front line. Luis Diaz, Darwin, Gakpo, Diogo Jota; even Carvalho, Curtis Jones, and Szobozlai can fill that role, if needed.

The only way I see a move like that making sense is if we are selling Luis Diaz. But then if you ask me if I'd rather have Luis Diaz or Anthony Gordon, I am picking Diaz every time. Plus, Joe Gomez leaves a big hole we would need to fill in defence. Especially if this ends up being VvD's last season. We'd essentially be left with Konate, Tsimikas, Robertson, TAA, van den Berg, and Quansah as the only real first team defenders if Gomez leaves.
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
Okay I have to ask, do you have a blog or something you write and then also pull posts over for here?
YNWA.2013
Lol no. Should I start one?
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
Only if you want to!

I was mainly wondering because of the formatting. The bolding of names reminds me of the hyperlinks in a lot of blog posts or news articles.
YNWA.2013
That's my own, personal thing that I do. When I had to write papers in college and grad school, I'd bold names, italicize numbers, and underline dates. It was just a visual way for my brain to keep track of everything and make sure I didn't forget anything. Then I would standardize everything before submitting. But I just didn't do that here
-FTA c/o 2013
eiggA2002
AG
That deal never made sense to me in the first place. Gordon is a good player but you'd have to sell Diaz and that combined with losing Joe just seems like a downgrade. I was always hoping it was a rumor to get other teams involved. We need a DM and a left back.
jeffk
AG
It's very cool and easy to read.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.