Recruiting Update

361,392 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
HiddenAg2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
8/12//23
Updated official 2023 signing class rankings and recent transfer.

Star Ratings Guide
***** National Top 25 prospect (elite impact player)
**** National Top 100 prospect (high level player with elite potential)
*** National Top 250 prospect (solid player and potential starter)
** Regional prospect (needs some development)

CLASS OF 2023 - OFFICIAL

D Margo Matula, 5'9", Houston, TX (Albion Hurricanes FC) **** - The younger sister of Macy (2021 class), Margo is an anchor on the back line, routinely turning back opposing strikers and frustrating opponents. She is one of the best 1v1 defenders in the nation and can still develop her skill set further. She has camped with the U-20 National Team.
> Top Drawer Soccer National: #36
> Top Drawer Soccer Texas Region: #3
> U-20 National Team Camp (2021)
> ECNL/id2 National Camp (2018)
> Profile: Top Drawer Soccer

D Bella James, 5'7", Frisco, TX (FC Dallas) **** - Bella is one of better attacking defenders in the country and she specializes on free kicks and corners. A critical addition to a backline that needs to be rebuilt in '23. Will most likely play outside back at A&M.
> Top Drawer Soccer National: #46
> Top Drawer Soccer Texas Region: #8
> ECNL U17 All-American (2022)
> Highlights: Hudl

M Grace Ivey, 5'6", St Johns, FL (Florida Elite Soccer Academy) **** - Grace has been one the best players in Florida for several years now. An athletic, skilled midfielder with poise in possession, she finds teammates and delivers accurate through passes. Ivey can also be a goal scorer and has led her teams to multiple state titles. Experienced in national team camps as well. Gatorade Player of the Year in Florida.
> Top Drawer Soccer National: #84
> Top Drawer Soccer Florida Region: #3
> Gatorade Florida Player of the Year (2022)
> U-17 National Team Camp (2021)
> ODP National Camp (2022)
> ECNL/id2 National Team (2020)
> Articles: Jacksonville | Sun Sentinel | News4Jax (interview)
> Highlights: YouTube 1 | YouTube 2

F Taylor Jernigan, 5'7", San Antonio, TX (Classics Elite) **** - A goal scorer, Taylor finds the back of the net in a variety of ways. She has good speed and athleticism on the ball and can score from any angle when in the attack. She has been dominant on the high school level in San Antonio and she has a chance to be a very good striker at A&M. Also has experience at the national level with the U-17 team camp.
> Top Drawer Soccer National: #106
> Top Drawer Soccer Texas Region: #17
> U-17 National Team Camp (2021)
> Articles: SA Express News
> Highlights: Hudl | YouTube

M Adysen Armenta, 5'6", Spring, TX (Challenge SC) *** - Adysen is a skilled midfielder that has excellent possession technique and can involve teammates in the flow of a game. She can be a true central mid at A&M and control tempo when needed. She can develop into a very good prospect at A&M.
> Top Drawer Soccer Texas Region: #33
> ECNL U-17 National Selection Game - San Diego (2021)
> Articles: Houston Chronicle

M Reese Rupe, 5'7", Spring, TX (Challenge SC) ** - Reese is our first true Aggie legacy as the daughter of Bryn Blalack and Ryan Rupe. A strong, athletic midfielder, Reese has a powerful shot that can score from distance. She also specializes in free kicks as well.
> Texas Class 6A All-Texas Second Team
> Articles: The Courier

M Ella Goodwin, 5'10", College Station, TX (Challenge SC) ** - Ella is the daughter of Aggie football hall of honor Hunter Goodwin (also part owner of TexAgs). Ella is a tall, athletic midfielder who has a knack of finding the goal when needed. Will be interesting to watch her development in the program.
> District Offensive Player of the Year (2021)

TRANSFERS

F Sammy Smith, Sr., 5'6", Hanson, MA (South Shore United/Boston College) **** - Sammy led Boston College in scoring and points last season as a senior. She opted to transfer to A&M for her final year of eligibility and brings a much needed scoring threat up top for a program that has struggled to score consistently the last few seasons. She should team with Maile Hayes to provide more pressure on goal.
> ACC All-Freshman Team (2019)
> All-New England All-Star (2018)

M Jazmine Wilkinson, Sr., 5'8", Nanaimo, British Columbia (Vancouver Whitecaps/Arizona St) *** - Jazmine comes to A&M from Arizona St, where she was named to the All Pac 12 freshmen team in 2020. She's been a mainstay starter in the midfield and has shown the ability to be a goal scorer as well. She Also is from a growing list of players to come to A&M from Vancouver Whitecaps in Vancouver, CA. Played with Mia Pante on the U20 Canada National Team this past year.
> Pac-12 All-Freshman Team (2020)
> U20 Canada National Team (2022)
> Highlights: YouTube

CLASS OF 2024

M Emma Yolinsky, 5'6", Prosper, TX (Solar SC) **** - One of the better attacking midfielders in the country, Emma is a skilled, clinical scorer that doesn't miss when she gets an opportunity in front of goal. She could also play forward at A&M. Plays with powerhouse Solar SC, which has three other elite prospects and dominates the competition. Emma has experience with the US National Team as well.
> Top Drawer Soccer National: #40
> Top Drawer Soccer Texas Region: #6
> U-17 National Team Camp (2022)
> ECNL/id2 National Camp (2020)
> Highlights: Hudl | YouTube

M Emma Hoang, 5'5", Flower Mound TX (Solar SC) *** - Emma is a strong, holding midfielder that finds teammates with good touch and precision passing. She can also score when needed and has a non-stop motor and work ethic to chase down opponents and win possession. Plays with fellow Aggie commit Emma Yolinsky on Solar SC.
> Top Drawer Soccer Texas Region: #36
> High School state champion (2021)
> Articles: The Eagle

D Mary Claire Torn, 5'11", Houston, TX (Albion Hurricanes FC) *** - A tall, physical center back, Torn has developed into one of the better defenders in the state as she works her way toward more national showcases in the ECNL with Albion.
> Articles: Vype

GK Sydney Fuller, 5'10", Keller, TX (Dallas Texans) ** - A solid GK prospect. Has started to receive some more recognition lately for her play with Dallas Texans.

GK Maysen Veronda, 5'10", San Juan Capistrano, CA (Slammers FC) ** - Maysen has good instincts in the goal and has made some incredible saves at the club level over the last year. Another prospect from Slammers FC to come to A&M.
> Articles: Orange County Register

M Kat Campbell, 5'8", Frisco, TX (DKSC) ** - Solid midfield prospect. Reminds me a lot of current Aggie midfielder Taylor Pounds. She's physical on the ball and makes good decisions to find an open teammate.

**NOTE: For information on previous recruiting classes, please click HERE
Agssoc2008
That is great news! Like the Colorado girls, the California players are excellent ball handlers. We need to get more girls from SoCal as well as Colorado if we can. Would be nice to tap into NoCal as well. With the problems Texas is having, hopefully we can start getting more out of Texas.
S.S.Aggie
Always good news. Thanks for the update.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Bachelor99
AG
Good stuff!! Thanks!
MtnAg08
AG
Sweet! I look forward to seeing her play next year!
aggie_74
AG
Thanks.
Agsocfan
The Slammers and Blues are two of the top clubs in So.California. Year after year they turn out some of the most talented players in the country. It is good to know we are aggressively in pursuit of their players.
HiddenAg2
See new update above.
Expert Analysis
AG
TDS has ranked the top 100 in the 2011 class. Monogue is at #22.
11 TX girls, 6 of which play for the Dallas Texans including Monogue.
HiddenAg2
See new update above.
redd38
AG
great, i was wondering when he'd do something about our future goalie situation
CDub06
AG
I was wondering the same thing. But I know G would not leave us in a bad GK situation.
HiddenAg2
Updated 12/8/09
anonymous2
Can he hang onto the McKinney girls after the situation with Castlebery ?
Pushtotalk
I hear that some of the players that played with KC on the Texans and other club teams were recruited by A&M and the girls didn't come here because of Kim coming here. So, who knows. It can work both ways. Just because girls were team mates or even played for the same club doesn't mean they will automatically commit to the same college.
HiddenAg2
See new update above - 2/5/10. Absolutely huge pickup for Coach G.
redd38
AG
You think we'll pick up another GK for 2011? Or just hope Jordan Day is one durable freshman?
jt2hunt
AG
sweet

S.S.Aggie
I like what I hear.
S.S.Aggie
Did Groom consider Mizzou? If so, I'm glad we snagged her away from them.
Bachelor99
AG
excellent
HiddenAg2
Yes, I believe we beat out Missouri and Notre Dame for her.

I don't believe we are recruiting another GK for '11 because we are all over '12 GK Abby Smith, who is the #1 GK in the nation in that class, and we have the inside track to land her right now. She would be the best GK to ever play at A&M if we get her and that is really saying something; she's that good.
S.S.Aggie
Hidden,
Have you ever considered starting your own recruiting website?
CDub06
AG
I love hearing that
HiddenAg2
No, not really. It would take too much time and there's just too many players out there to watch in order to rate the prospects. I think TopDrawerSoccer does a decent job anyway. I do like to watch various tournaments in this area to see A&M targets and commitments to know what's coming to A&M in the future. And I do follow the various results in ODP and club tournaments for a good idea who the top recruits are each year.

I do know that Coach G and Phil are very selective in whom they recruit and sometimes will offer girls that are not necessarily highly recruited to fit their style of play. Right now, as Coach G has said from time to time, we're still fighting an uphill battle for some of the top recruits nationally when going up against UNC's tradition, Notre Dame's prestige and academic excellence, Stanford's incredible weather and academics, UCLA's L.A. factor, and Duke's name recognition and academics in the research triangle. I think once we finally break through and make a College Cup or win a national title, we'll be able to consistently bring in Top 5 classes like those schools.
AEK
AG
What exactly was the situation with Castleberry?
HiddenAg2
See new update above - 2/23/10.
CDub06
AG
Wow. We are putting together our best class ever
HiddenAg2
Right now I would say it's very close with the '04 group, but if Coach G adds even 1 more above average recruit, then I'd say this is his best class at A&M. Either way, it has been very impressive and a relief to know we'll be able to stay among the elite programs for years to come.
HiddenAg2
See new update above - 3/8/10.
redd38
CDub06
AG
This is one more above average recruit, no?
HiddenAg2
Yes, it is. Kunz is misclassified as a 2012 recruit at Top Drawer Soccer, therefore she is not on their current Top 100 for 2011. She is definitely at Top 100 level prospect.

As I stated above, this is now Coach G's best class ever, and he still may add another elite prospect before it's over.
S.S.Aggie
These kids sound great. Oh the possibilities...

Glad to see us continuing to tap into the out-of-state markets. Especially CA.

However, anything less than a College Cup is still a disappointment. We have too many outstanding players. We've gotta break through at some point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.