Recruiting Update

361,513 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://12thman.com/news/2022/11/9/soccer-aggies-ink-seven-standouts-for-2023-campaign.aspx
greg.w.h
AG
taylorswift13 said:

https://12thman.com/news/2022/11/9/soccer-aggies-ink-seven-standouts-for-2023-campaign.aspx
Thanks…looked it up but got distracted before posting it!!
jessexy
AG
methinks you all will be really happy with Bella James on this team next season.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Two players have direct family ties to Texas A&M soccer. Rupe's mother, Bryn (Blalack) Rupe was a two-time All-American during her time in Aggieland in the late 1990

And we have legacy players now

akm91
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Two players have direct family ties to Texas A&M soccer. Rupe's mother, Bryn (Blalack) Rupe was a two-time All-American during her time in Aggieland in the late 1990

And we have legacy players now

Her dad is Ryan Rupe. Talk about some athletic genes!
MookieBlaylock
AG
pitchers aren't really athletes

but her Mom was a hell of a player
akm91
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

pitchers aren't really athletes

but her Mom was a hell of a player
Tell that to Shohei Ohtani
CDub06
AG
Any insight on the 3 signees missing from the original post?
That is, Ella Goodwin, Bella James, and Reese Rupe
MookieBlaylock
AG

Perhaps they are waiting till spring
Could be a scholarship timing issue
jessexy
AG
Bella James is legit. Her dad coaches in the FC Dallas Academy system (the real academy not the regular youth system) and she can play for real. I think she can be a walk-in starter next season. I think she was the MVP of the ECNL in her age group as a center-back. Think about that for a second....... they awarded the best player award to a defender. I heard she regularly shut down Jaedyn Shaw from Solar, who skipped college and signed straight to the NWSL this season as a HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR.
HiddenAg2
CDub06 said:

Any insight on the 3 signees missing from the original post?
That is, Ella Goodwin, Bella James, and Reese Rupe
Bella James is really good. I'll get this updated soon.
taylorswift13
AG
Sydney Fuller - Goal Keeper, Keller, Texas Class of 2024

https://instagr.am/p/Cll_P_oOd_n
Expert Analysis
AG
#Yessir alert
Anchorhold
Expert Analysis
AG
Just picked up a transfer from Arizona State. Has started and played a lot of games but not much in the stat book.
Jazmine Wilkinson.
Gap
AG
Expert Analysis said:

Just picked up a transfer from Arizona State. Has started and played a lot of games but not much in the stat book.
Jazmine Wilkinson.
taylorswift13
AG
Aggies land a commitment from Emma Haong brother of the late Aggie Tanner Haong who went missing and was found dead 2 days ago… wow, I'm speechless!
taylorswift13
AG
Class of 2024 Midfielder from Flower Mound and plays with Solar!
King Koda
AG
This is awesome. Emma is an outstanding young lady.

Her and Emma Y(2024 commit) are teammates on Solar U18/19.
Expert Analysis
AG
Wow this has to be a tough time for her and the family. I hope this help helps them and that they have been showered in love from the Aggie community. I look forward to cheering her on in a couple years.
Wannabeanaggie
Top Drawer ranks the incoming class #8 nationally and #1 in the SEC, a hair ahead of Vandy. Promising!

8. Texas A&M* (8)

Commitments: D Margo Matula (Albion Hurricanes No. 24), D Bella James (FC Dallas No. 44), M Grace Ivey (Florida Elite Soccer Academy No. 83), F Taylor Jernigan (Classics Elite No. 109), M Adysen Armenta (Challenge SC), M Ella Goodwin (Challenge SC), M Reese Rupe (Challenge SC)

Texas talent makes up the bulk of the Aggies class at this point. Grace Ivey is an excellent addition from Florida.
HiddenAg2
Finally updated official signing class for 2023 and recent transfer. Overall it's a good class, ranked in the Top 10 nationally. Probably our best class in several years. Most recent classes have fallen into the Top 20-30 range and you've seen the results translate on the field with the decline in the program. Hopefully this is the start of turning it around with the returning players.

Also updated 2024 class with recent commitments. So far one truly elite prospect in Emma Yolinsky, who should be our best midfielder since Harvey. The second Emma (Hoang) we've all seen the tragic story of her older brother who attended A&M. And she's actually a really good prospect to watch. Right now I'm a bit concerned with the rest of the commitments. While they have some talent and could develop into nice players at A&M, they are most likely for depth purposes. The '24 class was absolutely loaded with elite Texas talent, and to date, A&M has only added one of them. It's another unfortunate sign that elite Texas kids are not really considering A&M a top program anymore and leaving the state. I think the coaches will be forced to use the transfer portal more in order to field the talent needed to advance in the NCAA tourney.
sharpdressedman
HiddenAg2 said:

The '24 class was absolutely loaded with elite Texas talent, and to date, A&M has only added one of them. It's another unfortunate sign that elite Texas kids are not really considering A&M a top program anymore and leaving the state.
Elite players want to compete for College Cup opportunities. G has revealed that his ceiling is Sweet 16 or Great 8, with one anomalous exception. History and performance matter to recruits with high expectations.
taylorswift13
AG
Man I'd love an elite 8 appearance… seems impossible lately
HiddenAg2
taylorswift13 said:

Man I'd love an elite 8 appearance… seems impossible lately
I know it seems like a long time ago, but to be fair to Coach G, we were just in the Elite 8 in the 2020-21 extended season. The key now is to not just make the tourney but to advance to the Sweet 16 round again, which would show prospects that the program is headed back in the right direction.
Ag4eva95
Apparently not for TU, they land high level recruits and still under perform!
Rudyjax
AG
Here's a recruit to keep an eye on.

Expert Analysis
AG
Not recruiting related but saw Caldwell is coming back for 5th year.
CDub06
AG
Aggies Sign Transfer Sam Smith for 2023 Campaign
Quote:

BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas Texas A&M soccer bolstered its offensive attack with the addition of transfer Sam Smith, a forward who played four seasons at Boston College, head coach G Guerrieri announced Thursday.

"We are ecstatic to welcome Sammy and her parents into the Aggie soccer family," Guerrieri said. "She has already proven herself as an accomplished goal scorer and leader on the collegiate level. She is going to be a big, positive impact to our already talented attacking unit here in Aggieland."

In Smith's four seasons with the Eagles, she appeared in 68 matches, including 66 starts. She logged 52 points on 23 goals and six assists in the ACC, one of the most elite soccer conferences in the nation. Smith served as team captain as a senior.

"She had a fantastic four-year career at BC and worked under some terrific coaches," Guerrieri said. "But I know she's going to have a fantastic experience playing here in front of the 12th Man and alongside some incredible Aggie teammates in her fifth year, which we think can be very very special."

Smith earned a spot on the ACC All-Freshman Team during the 2019 campaign, finishing second Boston College in scoring with 18 points on eight goals and two assists. The effort also garnered United Soccer Coaches All-Atlantic Region Third Team distinction.

The native of Hanson, Massachusetts, paced the Eagles in offense across the board during the 2020-21 season with 13 points on five goals and three assists. The last two seasons, she combined to log 10 goals and one assist in 36 outings.

"Her pace, tactical awareness, nose for the goal and big-game experience fit perfectly into what we need," Guerrieri said.
Expert Analysis
AG
Seems like a great pickup. Need more goal scorers.
Gap
AG
One of our 4* early enrollees tore her ACL. I don't see any way that is not a season ending injury for 2023. I know she will be working hard to get back for 2024. Lots of work ahead for her after her surgery. Keep her in your prayers because it has to be discouraging.
Wannabeanaggie
Total bummer. Belle is a baller and would have been an important member of this Fall's back line. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
HiddenAg2
Wannabeanaggie said:

Total bummer. Belle is a baller and would have been an important member of this Fall's back line. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Terrible news as it was a position of need and she is really talented. A&M just cannot afford these injuries year after year. See Geczik last year. Probably need to add another defender via transfer portal now.
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit had this comment on February 23 on twitter:
"Texas A&M getting Sam Smith as a transfer from Boston College is a big addition. Could be the best attacker the Aggies have had for a while".

I wonder who he is comparing her with. We had Ally Watt in 2019 and Barbara Olivieri in 2021, although the less we talk about the 2021 season the better.
mullokag
Wannabeanaggie
We're going to have a very strong back line and creative midfield (midfield looked good vs. OK). We need a forward who can create opportunities and finish. If Smith is a goal scorer, we may have a SEC contender this Fall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.