Recruiting Update

361,514 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great start to 2017 recruiting
LesloMcGoo
AG
Running list of all the girls who have signed so far today:

Brittany Crabtree (F) Corinth, TX- Dallas Sting
Emily Bates (F) Melissa,TX- Dallas Texans
Kate Hajdu (M) Dallas, TX- Dallas Sting
Ally Watt (F) Colorado Springs, CO- Pride SC
Amy Kelly (D) Longview, TX- Dallas Sting
Mia Hummel (already on campus I believe) (GK) Anaheim, CA- So Cal Blues
Kendall Ritchie (M) Austin, TX- Lonestar SC
Margaret Schmidt (D) Orange, CA- Slammers SC
Claudette Lassandro (M) Austin, TX- Lonestar SC

Looks like everyone is in!
CDub06
AG
Schmidt is a legacy. Why has she not signed. OMGOMG she's going to Texas. /TexAgs football forum
redd38
AG
Maybe she's flipping to Pepperdine
isitjustme
AG
quote:
Kendall Ritchie (M) Austin, TX- Can't find a club

She's with Lonestar Soccer Club ECNL team
EclipseAg
AG
quote:
Kendall Ritchie (M) Austin, TX- Can't find a club
Kendall Ritchie plays for Lonestar SC. She is a teammate of Claudette Lassandro. (She is listed as Kathryn on their roster).
redd38
AG
http://www.12thman.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209873406&DB_OEM_ID=27300
redd38
AG
Danielle Rice is a transfer from Creighton

Both of our new goalkeepers are on campus already.
Brick Tamland
Is Margaret Schmidt Grace's sister? From same high school, same last name.
Brick Tamland
I guess based on CDub's post, yes.
redd38
AG
yes, they are sisters
Brick Tamland
Awesome. Thanks, redd.
Penaltykick
Always great to hear from G about the program, but this Signing Day interview seemed mostly about the departing Seniors. Last year, he went through and discussed each new recruit. Maybe there will be a follow up interview? Any thoughts out there regarding this class and it's immediate and/or long term potential?
CDub06
AG
I don't know anything about recruiting. That Rice transfer from Creighton was a surprise to me. I imagine she'll have to sit out a year. But it would be nice if we had a junior goalkeeper that was eligible this year.
mullokmotx
AG
I think soccer is a sport where one does not have to sit out a year after transferring. On Texags this morning Gary Blair congratulated G on a Top 5 class. I had not seen anything where this class is ranked. I liked the video of Ally Watt running the anchor on the 4 x 100 starting 20 yards back and winning. Was that in the state championship?
Penaltykick
I think since she didn't transfer within the SEC she is eligible immediately? Not positive on that but I don't think she has to sit.

Last rankings I saw (TDS) had Aggies at the #10 recruiting class. I believe they put out their final recruiting class rankings a couple of weeks after signing day, when the dust settles. Not sure this is a Top 5 class, but seems like a definite Top 10.
jessexy
AG
confirming that Addison McCain of FC Dallas ECNL has committed to A&M. i think she's 2017 class.
FalconRT90
quote:
I liked the video of Ally Watt running the anchor on the 4 x 100 starting 20 yards back and winning. Was that in the state championship?
2013 Colorado State Championship.
Penaltykick
TDS updated ranking of 2015 recruiting classes. Stanford had a de-commit,but remains #1 - tough to argue. A&M remains #10 -

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/2015-girls-recruiting-class-ranks:-february_aid35958
redd38
AG
Abby-Grace Cooper has committed that to the Aggies! She is a forward from FC Dallas for the 2017 class.
Penaltykick
That 2017 class is shaping up to be outstanding.
HiddenAg2
A&M is off to a good start in '17 but it's critical that we land a couple more elite kids as schools like Cal, Stanford, and Penn State are loading up with Top 25 recruits. This is the class we're recruiting off of the College Cup appearance so we're in the strongest position we've ever been from a recruiting standpoint. We need a Top 5 class to keep pace with other top schools.
redd38
AG
Everyone in our 2016 and 2017 classes so far is from Texas except one, which is from Oklahoma. We need to get back out to Cali and Colorado or maybe work the East coast a bit.
Penaltykick
Agree with Hidden and Redd - hope we see a few SoCal recruits for 2016 and 2017. ECNL Showcase in San Diego, CA next month would look to be a good opportunity for that as the best SoCal clubs (Blues, Surf, etc) should all be there.
92TXAG
AG
Coach G screwed-the-pooch by not inking the deal with Julie James; he missed out on a top-notch player and subsequently has burned bridges in north Texas

The way he (mis)handled that deal is spreading throughout the club ranks amongst coaches and players alike

She was an easy Aggie lock and now is going to play at Baylor

Hence, you may be right re the need to gain traction in SoCal
redd38
AG
GermanyAg? Is that you? Can't believe we missed out on Ashley Soccer AND Julie Soccer!
redd38
AG
On a related note... Baylor has 14 new recruits for 2015... that's a big damn class.
Penaltykick
That's a bit of hysteria - "burned bridges" ... "An easy Aggie lock" ... "spreading through the club ranks" ...

The player referenced de-committed from Kentucky at the very last minute (night before signing day) and then resumed her college search with both A&M and Baylor in the running. On what are you basing the assumption that G "screwed the pooch"? She is a very good player and would have been nice to have - not need to have. The 2017 signings to date don't indicate that G is having difficulty recruiting top players due to one 2015 recruit selecting Baylor. G seems to have developed a good relationship with Sting (Paulson, Hajdu ...). I doubt a player selecting Baylor over A&M is going to destroy it.

Can't speak for others, but my comment regarding hoping for California recruits was based on the fact that California players are GOOD and have generally been impact players for A&M. Would love to see some more signed. The major California events (ECNL Showcase and Surf Cup) haven't happened yet this year, and the coaching staff is always out there in force.
92TXAG
AG
I personally know this athlete. I am who introduced her and her family to A&M.

She wanted to play for A&M. Yet, Coach G was grossly disingenuous.

She originally committed to Kentucky because of Coach G's lack of integrity.

She decommitted from Kentucky at the proverbial 11th hour due to an experience on a recent recruiting trip there...

While Coach G tried to reach-out to her upon her decommitment, it was too little too late.

And yes; a lot of coaches, players, and parents in the club community know about this and are not encouraged about it...at all; there is consequential damage.

Not many bleed more maroon than I do...
If I was not first-person-present-tense involved in this recruitment, I would not offer hearsay. Very disappointed in Coach G. If Coach G is honest, he'd admit personal disappointment in making a poor decision in what he did...
92TXAG
AG
soooo; no hysteria...

nice try, though
redd38
AG
quote:
I personally know this athlete.

Yes, we know.

The last guy that tried this crusade ended up looking quite silly.

The Baylor roster is full of girls that wanted to play for A&M, she feel right at home there.
92TXAG
AG
you most definitely don't know what you don't know
redd38
AG
quote:
you most definitely don't know what you don't know
I'm glad you can admit that. That's the first step.
TXAggie2011
AG
Julie James is a pretty darn good player.

We'll see how everyone does in college, and then we can make a retrospective judgment on if we handled that situation right.

With "Ashley Soccer", we seem to have done all right without her.
Carnwellag2
so what did he do to mishandle the situation. I think with Ashley soccer baylol offered her 100% scholarship and he offered her something less like 10% or something.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.