Recruiting Update

365,435 Views | 1071 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by MookieBlaylock
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happy National Signing Day
CDub06
AG

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 2/2/2011 9:11a).]
AgSoccer2007
AG
i foresee great things for this class...
CDub06
AG
This will be an amazing class. Still waiting for 2 Texas girls.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/020111aab.html#AnnieKunz
redd38
AG
I'm looking forward to seeing this class
AgGermany
AG
It is disturbing with all the out of state players recruited and our Top talent is leaving.

The class of '13 should be a good one as Sting 95 and D'Feeters 95 will continue to be National Top 10 teams.

Coach, let's keep some great players here...
redd38
AG
Coach, I don't care where the players happen to be born
CDub06
AG
Still waiting on Bianca Brinson...
CDub06
AG
That's everyone. What a solid class. What a crop of Forwards!
AgSoccer2007
AG
shae groom and annie kunz up top with allie bailey in the midfield... look out!
HiddenAg2
Although I love Allie, Shea, and Annie, I think the most intriguing prospect is Leigh Edwards in the midfield. As we all know, this is a critical area of need on this team right now and Leigh has an extensive background of experience playing on high level teams in the midfield. I'm probably the most anxious to see her play because we need a huge upgrade at that position this Fall.
HiddenAg2
The 2013 class is absolutely critical and we must land several elite level prospects as we did with this '11 class if we are going to keep up with the national programs. The '12 class doesn't look to be very strong at this point.

Bad news this morning on the '13 front as one of the top midfielders in Texas, Joanna Robertson (Challenge SC), has committed to Oklahoma St. We really need talented midfielders in this class and I hate to lose one from our own backyard.
redd38
AG
I can't seem to find any websites that rank the girls based on knee strength... i hope we got some strong ones this year
HiddenAg2
Hilarious redd, but I would probably recruit girls with less built-up muscle around the knee as it puts a lot of extra pressure on the ligaments. The leaner players don't seem to get injured as often. Just my theory anyway.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
I can't seem to find any websites that rank the girls based on knee strength

It's funny because it's true.
CDub06
AG
Wow, what a shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV2PgFI9l2k
Cardswin
So happy to see She Groom as an Aggie. I grew up in Missouri with her Dad's family. What a great family with great values. That whole family is athletic. I went out with her Aunt in HS ; ).. She was a star Basketball and Track.. Welcome Shea!!
Hand Of God
AG
Any idea of where this class will rank nationally?

How t.u.'s class looks? OSU? Others?
HiddenAg2
A quick glance at other top programs' classes leads me to believe A&M will be near a Top 5 class. UCLA's is absolutely disgustingly good, as is Stanford's and Virginia's. I'm beginning to work on my ratings for the '11 classes but it will be a few months before every top school has released their signing class publicly.
HiddenAg2
I have added a highlight video for Leigh Edwards on her profile. Very underrated and a lot better than I originally thought. She could start this Fall at an outside mid position. I have also added another highlight video for Annie Kunz. She is going to be really good obviously.
4ZORRO
Bachelor99
AG
alot of talent up front...great class by coach G!

count me in as allie bailey's #1 fan!! she has a striking resemblance to anne hathaway!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Annie Kunz is an Erin Andrews clone, yowsa!

http://www.aggieathletics.com/view.gal?id=86142
wcrew93
fig96
jessexy
AG
i didnt realize who Bianca Brinson was until i saw her picture on the AA website. ive reffed her team and she's absolutely a phenomenal player. she got sick technique and speed to burn and she ain't skerred of nobody. i wondered where she was committed to and i'm glad its A&M. maybe i'll get an A&M game this year and see them all play...
HiddenAg2
Yeah, Bianca is a good one. She's still a bit raw and needs some coaching, but she has a very high ceiling. The problem for her in the next few years is getting playing time because there is so much talent and depth at the position.
CDub06
AG
We are going to be STACKED at Forward. Hopefully we'll find a remedy to the scoring drought we suffered late last season.

There aren't really any true defenders in this class though.
jessexy
AG
fast and athletic players can be taught to positionally defend. you cant always teach the toughness that it takes, but you can hope that comes from a leader and rubs off.
thom80
AG
A great 2011 class, G was in fine form at the Recruiting Celebration last Wednesday night. Spoke so highly of this next class, but had several current players there to show-off (including Lenz, Merritt, Balaguer, Young, Mary Grace).

I don't follow recruiting battles for soccer but curious if it is perceived that 2012 will be "bad", what is causing this? A&M should be a top draw around these parts.

[This message has been edited by thom80 (edited 2/7/2011 9:34a).]
HiddenAg2
The '12 class is a good question. My best guess is that we had limited scholarship money for the class and we were not going to be able to offer the standard 7/8 scholarship for a full ride to the top prospects. We used up almost all our money on the '11 class, which is one reason it is so stacked with elite talent. The disappointment comes from not landing any of the Top 10-15 prospects in our own state, even with limited money.

The other reason is that we don't have many spots open on the current roster as there are only 4 Seniors on the team in '11. However, there are 11 Juniors on the team, so the '13 class will definitely be a big one and we should have plenty of money to spend on it.
thom80
AG
Thanks. Sounds very reasonable. One year should not hurt if it is thin, but would prefer more balance each year so in 2015 we don't have to replace this large class again. You don't yet know if that will be a huge talent year or not.
Fanofsoccer
HiddenAg-

For your reference regarding Top Drawer player ratings, they have current recruit Meghan Streight listed as a 4 Star and 2012 recruit Jackie Tondl listed as a 4 Star.
HiddenAg2
Thanks, I'll update that.
Fanofsoccer
...further there is an update on GK Jordan Day. She is now with the U-18 Sereno FC team that competes in the ECNL(Elite Clubs National League) Speaking of the ECNL, if anyone is interested, March 4-6, there is a ECNL tournament event in San Antonio where three of the new recruits should be participating with their teams. Meghan Streight,(D'Feeters) Bianca Brenson, (Lonestar), and Annie Kunz. (Colorado Rush) Games will be held at the Star Soccer Complex.

For those living or traveling to the area, and would like to attend, the games are at 3pm on the 4th, 1pm on the 5th, and 11:40am on the the 6th.

[This message has been edited by Fanofsoccer (edited 2/7/2011 8:47p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.