Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

LIST-EATER!!!!!! if you camped out for tix...then you know about her

121,008 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 19 yr ago by
Tobias Funke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scratch that, JBAggies....just lay out the wrappers and keep the chocolate
ElCheAg
AG
This may help explain why she may have had a craving for non-food, and possibly the religious reference she made:

quote:
Pica

An eating disorder less often encountered by oral health professionals is pica. This disorder is typically defined as the compulsive eating of non-nutritive substances for a period of at least one month at an age for which this behavior is developmentally inappropriate (after age 18 to 24 months), and not a culturally sanctioned practice.37,38

The term pica comes from the Latin word meaning magpie and reflects this bird’s peculiar eating habits; they show an indiscriminate preference for food and non-food substances. Non-food substances ingested by individuals with pica appear in Table V.

The prevalence of pica in the United States is unknown. This eating disorder is frequently unrecognized and underreported. Pica is frequently observed in children, individuals with developmental disabilities, and pregnant women. Children with mental retardation and autism are affected more frequently, and the severity of pica increases with increasing severity of mental retardation.37

Pica behavior is also known to occur ritualistically in some cultures. Geophagia (clay ingestion) is the most common form of pica, occurring in tribe-oriented societies as well as in people living in the tropics. It was a common act during the 1800s in the southern United States, primarily among slaves. Pica has been practiced as part of religious ceremonies, magical beliefs, and attempts at healing.39

The etiology of pica remains unknown; however, numerous hypotheses have been proposed to explain this unusual phenomenon. Cultural, socioeconomic, organic and psychodynamic factors have been cited as causes. Nutritional deficiencies of minerals, iron, and zinc appear to be a common theory concerning the etiology of pica. Sayetta reported studies of individuals with pica with low iron and zinc levels whose pica behavior diminished when iron or zinc supplements were given.40 However, empirical evidence remains unconfirmed. Sensory and physiologic theories focus on the finding that individuals with pica claim to enjoy the taste, texture, or smell of the item they are eating. Psychosocial theories related to pica have examined the association of family stress such as maternal deprivation, parental separation, parental neglect, and child abuse involving pica. Investigations have examined an underlying biochemical disorder, like a diminished dopaminergic neurotransmission, but correlations have not been identified empirically.37,38
Others have proposed that pica is part of the obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) spectrum of diseases, in which practicing a ritualistic behavior leads to relief of tension and anxiety.41-43 Risk factors for pica include parental/child psychopathology, family disorganization, environmental deprivation, pregnancy, epilepsy, brain damage, mental retardation, and developmental disorders.37

Manifestations of pica vary and include inherent toxicity, obstruction, excessive caloric intake, nutritional deprivation, infection, and injury. Of concern is the toxicity associated with ingestion of lead or other heavy metals. Physical manifestations of lead poisoning can include neurologic (e.g., irritability, lethargy, incoordination, headache, cranial nerve paralysis, seizures, coma, and death) and gastrointestinal (e.g., constipation, abdominal pain, colic, vomiting, anorexia, diarrhea) symptoms. Gastrointestinal symptoms, such as mechanical bowel problems, ulcerations, perforations, and obstructions may occur due to ingesting substances that are undigestible, such as hair eating. Infections and parasitic infestations are also a concern. Toxocariasis is the most common soil-borne parasitic infection associated with pica and can lead to fever, hepatomegaly, malaise, cough, myocarditis, encephalitis, retinal lesions, and loss of vision.

Diagnosis of pica can be difficult and frequently depends on selfreporting. Accurate diagnosis is often hindered by reluctance to report the practice as well as the secretiveness on the part of individuals with pica and their families. In suspected cases, laboratory studies that may be performed include a complete blood count, iron level, ferritin level, lead level, electrolytes, and liver function studies. Abdominal radiographs, upper and lower GI barium examinations, and an upper GI endoscopy may be needed to evaluate for intestinal obstructions, bezoar formation, or parasites. Stool cultures can be used to rule out ova and parasites. Parents should be interviewed about the dietary habits and pica behaviors of children. Furthermore, individuals with pica symptoms may be assessed for OCD and impulse control disorders through psychological evaluations.

http://www.adha.org/CE_courses/course8/pica.htm

[This message has been edited by ElCheAg (edited 12/9/2004 10:05a).]
Oh Four Five
AG
They couldn't get in front of listeater because the guy she was with was leaning on the ticket window.
mellison
AG
If I worked the ticket office, I would keep a stack of fake tickets for people just like them!
H6RBW
AG
She had an accomplice? Did I miis that in the earlier posts?
Green Fairy
AG
Here's some of the other lesser known "eaters"...

lil99chris
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
you win
boogieman
AG
quote:
They couldn't get in front of listeater because the guy she was with was leaning on the ticket window.

That's new info.

What about the other guy at line 10, was he alone?
Green Fairy
AG
That book should be required reading for all ticket pullers next year.

gb00
I think I would have cut in front of her. I never camped out for anything. I did get tickets to stand in line for tickets once. That was a good system. You went and picked up your ticket to stand in line, then the morning that tickets would go on sale, a number was drawn at random where the line would start.
bobinator
AG
Next year we're getting it laminated, or soaked in something that won't taste good.
Green Fairy
AG
you should soak it in something low-carb...that would scare her off
Tyler
Guy in 10 was alone. There was just nothing that anyone could do physically. Anyone around him could have destroyed him, but then people would go to jail, and who wants that... we just tried to move him through the line as fast as possible.

He can live with the comfort that he is a dirty cheater, and he will see all of us at the Cotton Bowl. He pulled two tickets, so hopefully he will have a date that we can humiliate him in front of.

Also, seriously, someone make maroon "BTHO LIST-EATERS!" shirts.
lil99chris
AG
next year laminate it and coat it with this.

jagouar1
AG
good gawd that sucks... you shoulda gotten 10 people to carry her off (that wernt on the list so they couldnt lose their spots).

Just curious but why couldnt the ticket people say fu to this ***** if they knew she wasnt supposed to be in the front of the line?

Had I been out there this morning I woulda gotten that ***** to move. forcefully if necessary.

[This message has been edited by jagouar1 (edited 12/9/2004 10:23a).]
Tyler
Jagouar:

They had no authority in this situation, because they didn't manage "official" lists.
wheelskjm
AG
this one time i saw list eater eat an entire baby whole, followed by a pinata.

but then she said it was okay cuz "she had jesus"
1876er
AG
Being good Ags we didn't want to start fights.....Maybe it had more to do with not wanting to go to jail and completely miss pulling tickets than being good Ags, but it really wasn't worth it to get into a fight...I was pretty pissed at first since I stayed there 3 nights and some fat ass jump to the front of the line, but after a lot of heckling and hearing her justify herself, I actually didn't want her to leave, it was just too amusing. Also she had to be a student to get tickets since it was STUDENT pull day..
andy_aggie
AG
We need an officially sanctioned system like the tickets to stand in line for tickets as mentioned earlier. ListEaters aren't real Aggies! I can think of so much more to say but I want the thread to live so I must restrain myself. Let's just say a Star Wars character comes to mind when I think of this person.
1876er
AG
I wish listeater viewed texags.....
1876er
AG
Maybe when Bobinator gets the video up somebody will see her and give her more hell.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
The part I don't understand is that she took the Lord's name in vain by claiming she was right with him. Of course she could be a Satan worshipper and then she really is right with her lord.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
She deserves a slow painful death. You almost have to know she had been planning this the whole weak since everybody knows how the camping and list thing works. You have to be one of the dumbest monkeys in the world to not know this.
gkaggie08
AG
Her whole "I have Jesus" speech was pretty pathetic, so I told her to got to h*** loud enough for everyone from West Campus Parking Garage to the MSC to hear. She told me she would pray for my sins. Thank God, I'm Saved!!!!
Macksimus
you should have told her you'd pray for her chins.
Oveta
total crap that the ticket office sold to either of the cutters
lil99chris
AG

she will be around one of these tonight.....all you can eat buffet.
gkaggie08
AG
I told her that I was Catholic and I would go to confession on Sunday.
wreckncrew
AG
This is the best thread ever...but Yell is right...I would have taken a bulldozer to her...or maybe had someone pee in a cup and told her...you look thirsty...
Ron Burgundy
I can't believe no one gave the "touch me and I'll sue" guy a beatdown. What a complete queer. New Army is dead.
Green Fairy
AG
It would be funny if this was all a big joke by the ticket office.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
She is the type of person that causes people to hate religion. She is right with herself and nobody else. She justified what she did because she wanted to do it. No different than a rapist who justified what they did because they wanted to. This chick has no morals at all. I hope she fails out of school because she is a sad excuse for an Ag and an even sadder excuse for a human being. I hope you guys enjoy the group she sells her tickets to. If she is stupid enough to show at the game then we have found the missing link.
Tyler
It's just that she claimed to be "justified by God," while obviously having no idea what that even means. She wasn't being persecuted for actions that God has commanded of believers, she was being heckled for CHEATING, for which she is fully accountable to both God and Ags. Taking "being Christian" as your defense when cheating other people is blasphemy. And stupid.

I'm tired of talking about this person. She really made me angry on a lot of levels. But what can you do.

Forgive and move on.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I would think there's a good chance these poeple are going to sell the tickets. Maybe on EBAY? Does anyone know exactly where she was?

This is unprecedented behavior, I just can't believe someone would do that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.