Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***Official 2022 Recruiting Class Thread***

191,292 Views | 692 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maver1ck
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Class of 22 starts with a bang in 5* DE Malick Sylla.

There's a lot of talk of a big week projected for the good guys for 22 and to cap off 21. A lot of big names expected to pull the trigger soon.

Other names to look out for - 4* CB Bobby Taylor. 5* CB Denver Harris. 5* LB Harold Perkins. 4* QB Ty Simpson. #1 TE 4* Donovan green. 4* OT Kam Dewberry. 4* OT kelvin banks. 4* OT Pj Williams.

If Jimbo lands even half of these guys then we are in great shape. The pundits are going to have to go through all sorts of mental gymnastics and number fudging to keep this class from being at the top. I'm not sure they'll be able to pull it off.

Typically Jimbo is a strong closer so don't be surprised if we're reeling in an unexpected 4*/5* in the final hour a year from now. We've gotten off to a slower start than most for this class but Jimbo likes to keep up with development and ensure he's getting the right guys.

Jimbo is building something special that can't be denied and the class of 22 will be a testament to that. After 3 top 10 classes in a row, this is already sounding like it could be the best yet.

Strap in to your armchairs and hold on to your butts, Jimbo has Jaws on the line this time.
Just Tired
we're gonna need a bigger boat...
infinity ag
whatthehey78
AG
One more obligatory..."It's happening, isn't it."
Meximan
Almost a 5, but so close he may just earn it this year...
waltonloads11
AG
Current Crystal Balls:

Recruit, Position, Stars: Crystal Ball %

Commits:
  • Malik Sylla, WDE, ****: 100% A&M (committed)
  • Donovan Green, TE, ****: 100% A&M (committed)
  • PJ Williams, OT, ****: 100% A&M (committed)
  • Hunter Erb, OT, ****: 100% A&M (committed)
  • Conner Weigman, QB, ****: 100% A&M (committed)
  • Noah Thomas, WR, ***: 100% A&M (committed)
  • Bobby Taylor, CB, ****: 100% A&M (committed)
  • Isaiah Sategna, WR, ****: 94.7% (committed)

Predictions to A&M:
  • Kam Dewberry, OT, ****: 100% A&M
  • Harold Perkins, OLB, *****: 100% A&M
  • Chris Marshall, WR, ***: 100% A&M
  • KJ Miles, DT, ****: 100% A&M
  • Jaray Bledsoe, DT, ****: 100% A&M
  • Isaiah Sategna, WR, ****: 0.9131: 66.7% Arky, 33.3% A&M
  • Kelvin Banks, OT, ****: 85.7% A&M 14.3% Okie St
  • Kojo Antwi, WR, ****: 60% Georgia, 20% Ohio St, 20% A&M

Other Notable Targets:
  • Bryce Anderson, S, ****: tu 94.75% 5.3% LS
  • Denver Harris, CB, *****: 100% tu
  • Devon Campbell, OT, *****: 100% tu
  • Omari Abor, DE, ****: 100% OU
  • Evan Stewart, WR, ****: 100% tu
  • Austin Jordan, CB, ****: No predictions
  • Martrell Harris, OLB, ****: No predictions

Note: I am going to try to keep this updated for as long as I can. If there is anything else you want to see on this post or any other targets, let me know.

Last Updated: 3/9/2021
Ugly
AG
Bill Superman said:

Class of 22 starts with a bang in 5* DE Malick Sylla.

There's a lot of talk of a big week projected for the good guys for 22 and to cap off 21. A lot of big names expected to pull the trigger soon.

Other names to look out for - 4* CB Bobby Taylor. 5* CB Denver Harris. 5* LB Harold Perkins. 4* QB Ty Simpson. #1 TE 4* Donovan green. 4* OT Kam Dewberry. 4* OT kelvin banks. 4* OT Pj Williams.

If Jimbo lands even half of these guys then we are in great shape. The pundits are going to have to go through all sorts of mental gymnastics and number fudging to keep this class from being at the top. I'm not sure they'll be able to pull it off.

Typically Jimbo is a strong closer so don't be surprised if we're reeling in an unexpected 4*/5* in the final hour a year from now. We've gotten off to a slower start than most for this class but Jimbo likes to keep up with development and ensure he's getting the right guys.

Jimbo is building something special that can't be denied and the class of 22 will be a testament to that. After 3 top 10 classes in a row, this is already sounding like it could be the best yet.

Strap in to your armchairs and hold on to your butts, Jimbo has Jaws on the line this time.
Alabama was outside of the top 40 for about half of the year last year (and we weren't much better). Tennessee and UNC on the other hand were off to a blazing start and were top 5 at the time. I'm not going to let a slow start worry me in Jimbo's fourth full recruiting class when he has some real on-field results to tout. If we get a decent number of these guys in now and have them recruiting others and showing off the strength this class will have, we could end up with a very special group of guys this year.
infinity ag
An interesting trivia stat

A&M is No 1 in terms of Average Recruit Score as per 247.

Of course, the catch is that we just have 1 recruit and he's a damn good one. As we get more across different levels, it will drop but for now we are No 1 on that.
Maroon Flash
AG
Jimbo could fill the class in January. Not a good idea though.
12thmanfootball
AG
Quote:

An interesting trivia stat

A&M is No 1 in terms of Average Recruit Score as per 247.

Of course, the catch is that we just have 1 recruit and he's a damn good one. As we get more across different levels, it will drop but for now we are No 1 on that.
I enjoy your anti-BAS Jedi Mind Trick.
Macarthur
Really curious how the QB thing shakes out. Obviously he likes the kid out of Tenn, but I'm a believer in Klubnick. Hope we don't wait too long on Simpson and klubnick picks someone else.
Jbob04
AG
Was hoping for another commitment tonight, really get this thing rolling for 22.
Bill Superman
AG
Crystal balls rolling in for PJ Williams...

Sounds like his teammate Donovan green might be right behind him too.
Bill Superman
AG
Macarthur said:

Really curious how the QB thing shakes out. Obviously he likes the kid out of Tenn, but I'm a believer in Klubnick. Hope we don't wait too long on Simpson and klubnick picks someone else.

I've wondered the same. Jimbo seems to take preference with the Tenn kid but I've heard the staff is in constant contact with Klubnick as well.

This is one of those where you gotta just trust Jimbo to make the right call. Not sure how many QB's they want in the roster, but maybe we have room for both.
Macarthur
Bill Superman said:

Macarthur said:

I've wondered the same. Jimbo seems to take preference with the Tenn kid but I've heard the staff is in constant contact with Klubnick as well.

This is one of those where you gotta just trust Jimbo to make the right call. Not sure how many QB's they want in the roster, but maybe we have room for both.

Agree that you just have to trust Jimbo, but both won't come.
Jbob04
AG
So, I guess another night without a commitment.
waltonloads11
AG

Texags needs to offer to make his commitment video
AWP 97
AG
Macarthur said:

I have actually watched Simpson play in person several times and have been hearing about him since he was in 6th grade so this is nothing about him directly. However, Austin Westlake would beat Martin Westview 100-0. The level of competition that Ty faces is maybe 4-A level. Hell, I think Argyle or Carthage would beat Westview by 50. I only say that to say that the competition in NW Tennessee is far inferior to anything in Texas. That doesn't mean Ty Simpson is not elite. After all, his dad is a college coach. It just makes it tougher to judge. Obviously, I trust Fisher. Just my two cents.

Edit: Texas 4A is 515-1229. Martin Westview has right at 600 so they would be small 4A. For what it's worth.
Bill Superman
AG
Klubnik finally got the offer.

And I don't think it's hard to guess where he's going.
Macarthur
Bill Superman said:

Klubnik finally got the offer.

And I don't think it's hard to guess where he's going.
Nice.

I know I'm not breaking news here, but he outplayed Ewers and it wasn't even close. Not saying Ewers isn't very talented, but Cade seems to have some magic to his game.
LB12Diamond
AG
Westlake defense is solid. They made both Ewers and the NorthShore QB look average.

But I'm happy we have offered Klubnik!!!
Emilio Fantastico
AG
waltonloads11 said:

Not if it has the same results as the Brandon Jones video.
Jbob04
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

waltonloads11 said:

No kidding. What an embarrassment that was.
dixichkn
AG
Jbob04 said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

waltonloads11 said:

No kidding. What an embarrassment that was.
So was his time at tu.
Bill Superman
AG
Jimbo lands 2nd commit in top 100 PJ Williams.

Ranked #10 OT and #89 player in the nation.

Reel em in!
Bill Superman
AG
And another!

#1 TE Donovan Green pulls the trigger. Another top 100 player ranked #82 in the nation.
Jbob04
AG
Love it. Big time momentum
vander54
S
PJ Williams commits
Silky Johnston
That is the least interesting trivia stat I have ever heard.
Divining Rod
Question for anyone who really knows:

So if say, Klubnick, commits tomorrow, does Jimbo keep recruiting Simpson? Do we officially pull offers (knowing our commit might de-commit)?

Is he only taking 1 and made it known to them that it's first cime first serve?

Do you think he tells them up front that he will continue to recruit x,y, or z?

Crazy to think we could have a Calzada/King/Stowers/Klubnick or Simpson stable. That would be the greatest collection of QB talent in our history, except for when Johnny Manziel was here by himself!
waltonloads11
AG
I don't know, but I think he will recruit both because there may be a chance that 1 or 2 of Stowers, King, Calzada transfers if they lose the position battle.
Meximan
Someone (forget who) said yesterday on Texags Radio that it's effectively first come first serve.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
With the two new commits today, we have jumped to 10 in the 247 rankings.
The highest ranked team with only 3 commits.
waltonloads11
AG
Other Recruits Twitter Reactions to Green/Williams committing:

infinity ag
Hot start in 2022!

We are now ranked No 10 in the country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.