Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dave Campbells Rag - Business Suicide

46,396 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by viva torrente
MooseJr1994
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DCTF can EAD!
sc00ter1
AG
So maybe there are larger issues with ex-tu or current tu students/employees that is more symptomatic than just DCTF?

http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/12/12/1722207/ut-professor-resigns-over-fracking-conflict-of-interest

Maybe tu is starting to head down a road where they are encouraging this kind of behavior?

[This message has been edited by sc00ter1 (edited 12/12/2012 3:11p).]

[This message has been edited by sc00ter1 (edited 12/12/2012 3:12p).]
tamc91
AG
Mutual Friend –
I understand what you are saying about bias in all news outlets; however, there is a critical distinction between DCTF and the others you mention.

The rest of the media outlets, as biased as they may be, do not work for tu. tu pays DCTF/IMG (IMG has owned and published DCTF since 2007 I believe) to handle some of their sports marketing.

That puts DCTF/IMG in a completely different category than the others, yet they deceptively portray themselves as "the bible of Texas Football". They are not only biased, they have a specific conflict of interest as a paid marketing group for only some of the universities in Texas. They likely have incentives or commitments built in for promoting tu’s brand x number of times per issue.

Even as biased as ESPN appeared to be last year in promoting the LHN launch to recoup the money they threw into the tu toilet, it is important to note that they were paying tu, not the other way around.

I still visit the other sites you mention and always try to understand the biases for and against the Aggies no matter what I'm reading. I would encourage others to do the same. However, with DCTF, I believe it is actually deceptive business practices equivalent to what Rivals does with recruiting rankings. They work for tu; therefore, they will not get any of my money and they shouldn't get it from other Aggies careful about where their money goes to support.
Prexys Moon
AG
just a little bump for anybody going out to buy DCTF soon.
Buck Turgidson
Damnit! I just bought the magazine. I'd forgotten about that incident.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
The story about Manziel switching his committment on Page 2 is swell!

Texas A&M Wins the Manziel Lottery

The last line in that article is gold.
VanZandt92
Eff that rag
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I remember this as a classic example of Texags posters having no sense of humor and melting down in fear and loathing at the drop of a hat.
Long Live Sully
AG
^
As it should be..
dimeboxaggie
AG
And so it begins...

Charlie Moran
AG
No.
And so it continues .....
viva torrente
The winter issue with Manziel was the top-selling winter issue for DCTF.

I would not be surprised if the Manziel regular issue is a top seller or close to it.

DCTF will just follow the money and a winning A&M football program means more money compared to any other winning Texas football program not named tu.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.