Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dave Campbells Rag - Business Suicide

46,393 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by viva torrente
Tshirt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love the magazine and have them back 20 years plus. Sad to see they tweeted this. However, they removed it. They apologized.

One mistake does not mean the world is coming to an end. I have moved on.
oldarmy1
AG
1) NEVER buy the rag; go to Barnes/Nobles or others, grab a cup of coffee and read whatever you want for free.

2) When replacing said rag back on the shelf make certain you grab all available copies and stuff them behind Home and Garden.

Smile for Travis and leave.

If they fire his lame butt then I change my position. Sorry Travis. Waa wa
Tshirt Ag
oldarmy:

Geez brother. in this time of year, is there no room for forgiveness?

Man, the dude made a mistake. He apologized. He fixed his error.

Someone earlier in this post says he actually knows him well and he is a good guy.

I guess one mistake is unforgiveable to some, but geez!
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
Wow. A "Texas football" magazine publicly celebrating a Texas school's de-commit... I suppose they are free to alienate a significant revenue stream if they wish. I will vote with my pocketbook.
oldarmy1
AG
Tshirt Ag...Nice name btwe...Sorry. There is no pass for fail. He should have a life lesson served to him and be sent packing. He violated everything a publication FOR Texans TO TEXANS should stand for and this stupidity further validates all of those who say Dave Campbell's is nothing but a biased rag.

This should be the final straw and a reckoning needs to occur over there. They have former sips on staff. They have Austin based execs. If they desire to salvage their existence they should hire an Aggie onto their staff pronto!
TAMU_91
AG
True feelings were expressed with that tweet. Removing it and apologizing are all just attempts at CYA now.

It's the equivalent of stating "I'm sorry I got caught" rather than "I'm sorry for doing wrong".
AginKS
explain the tweet? I think the anti-Ag sentiment was pretty clear.

For God, country, and A&M
slickwillie1997
Magazine was and will never be good. Anyone that believes his explanation of the sound effect is really a dumb ass. When you are in Wal*Mart or any place that sells the rag, just put a couple in the cart and redistribute it to another part of the store, like women's wear.
AAM02
AG
I took the "wah wah" to mean something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

It's widely used in popular culture right now so I don't believe they were intending a "crying" message, however, it was a dumb tweet.
DCTF-GM Adam Hochfelder
Hello All:

My name is Adam Hochfelder. I am the GM for Dave Campbell's Texas Football.

Most importantly, we all apologize for our tweet. We have taken action in 3 regards.

One, we removed the tweet. Two, we have apologized via twitter. Three, we have re-reviewed our policy for social media postings. The tweet was not meant to be antagonistic.

However, I think it is fair to interpret it in that way.

Again, we apologize.

We love interaction with our fans; with our detractors; etc so we appreciate your comments even if negative. We do our best to reply to each one.

Like all State of Texas football fans, we read all schools fan sites for hints at what we do right and what we do wrong. Obviously, this thread caught our eye and we wanted to post a comment as it is the easiest way to communicate to the masses.

It was our mistake. We hope our actions satisfy those who were unhappy with our mistake.

If there are any concerns beyond what we have already addressed, I am happy to speak to anyone directly via email or via phone. My contact information is on our web site, http://www.texasfootball.com/contact-us.

However, to save you a click my email is adam.hochfelder@imgworld.com and my direct line is 972-392-5753.

Again, it was a mistake. We have taken action. We respect the passion of Texas A&M Football fans. We hope that most folks will understand it was just that an error.

Most importantly, we appreciate the readership that has sustained us for 51 years. We hope to continue to earn (or in some cases re-earn) your patronage again.

All the best.

Travis' Apology:

http://www.texasfootball.com/college-news/view/178925
[This message has been edited by DCTF-GM Adam Hochfelder (edited 12/9/2010 10:45a).]

[This message has been edited by DCTF-GM Adam Hochfelder (edited 12/9/2010 10:47a).]
Objective Aggie
AG
deleted

[This message has been edited by Objective Aggie (edited 12/9/2010 10:17a).]
GEA89
AG
Hey Adam, better go to Aggie Websider too... but this all seems like whipped cream on a pile of dog crap. You f'd up, we will see if it hits you where it counts.
AAM02
AG
quote:
Hello All:

My name is Adam Hochfelder. I am the GM for Dave Campbell's Texas Football.

Most importantly, we all apologize for our tweet. We have taken action in 3 regards.

One, we removed the tweet. Two, we have apologized via twitter. Three, we have re-reviewed our policy for social media postings. The tweet was not meant to be antagonistic.

However, I think it is fair to interpret it in that way.

Again, we apologize.

We love interaction with our fans; with our detractors; etc so we appreciate your comments even if negative. We do our best to reply to each one.

Like all State of Texas football fans, we read all schools fan sites for hints at what we do right and what we do wrong. Obviously, this thread caught our eye and we wanted to post a comment as it is the easiest way to communicate to the masses.

It was our mistake. We hope our actions satisfy those who were unhappy with our mistake.

If there are any concerns beyond what we have already addressed, I am happy to speak to anyone directly via email or via phone. My contact information is on our web site, http://www.texasfootball.com/contact-us.

However, to save you a click my email is adam.hochfelder@imgworld.com and my direct line is 972-392-5753.

Again, it was a mistake. We have taken action. We respect the passion of Texas A&M Football fans. We hope that most folks will understand it was just that an error.

Most importantly, we appreciate the readership that has sustained us for 51 years. We hope to continue to earn (or in some cases re-earn) your patronage again.

All the best.

Thanks for the post and for taking action. Texags is full of a bunch of absolute Aggie Football nuts, so this post probably saved you from receiving hundreds of emails.

I can understand wanting to use a more personal/less official tone while using social media in order to connect with fans. The game show sound is funny to use in conversation with friends, or when ribbing a rival, but I think people were right to call it out like they did. In my opinion, a publication cannot afford to rib a fan base, but like I said I appreciate your feedback and taking ownership, etc.
Mr. Random
I read it at walmart while in their bathroom setting another world record
Saul Goodman
AG
Adam,

I appreciate you coming here and saying something. However, it is instances like these that confirm for a lot of Aggies the obvious Longhorn bias in your publication.

Which doesn't make since from a business perspective considering Texas A&M is one of the two flagship schools in the state and has the second largest alumni base.
dichotomic
No one outside of A&M, likes A&M.

That's why I love it so f'n much.

TAMU_91
AG
I just see the tweet as being a true reflection of the magazine's slant.

I can appreciate that you are doing everything you can to apologize but can't help feeling like you are then going to turn around and laugh at us behind our backs in your next staff meeting.
Dro07
AG
Adam,

You are FIRED!

Long time coming thanks for finally pushing me over the edge of not buying your rag!
Sabreman
AG
Dave Campbell sold Texas Football to a publishing conglomerate more than 15 years ago. He has very little to do with it now. The changes were immediate and obvious--the state sportswriter commentaries and other localized touches that made it so great were immediately discontinued and the magazine homogenized to look like another Athlon or Lindy's. And the price skyrocketed. It's a mere shadow of its former self.

Unfortunately, it's still the only game in town if you want high school or smaller college content--and even that's being squeezed. Corporations are ruining everything.

Sabreman '92

wreckingcrew44
S
This thread is nothing compared to what it is on the premium board. They want blood over there and Travis's head on a platter...
heisatouchdown
AG

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 12/10/2010 10:07a).]
Dro07
AG
Adam the only way you can get out of this is by poopin on your hand and slapping your face with it!
HeyMoe
AG
I've had it up to here with all these tsip fans in the media in this state. This is just another example.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

coachk07
who cares, that magazine blows.
Saul Goodman
AG
Here is an article from the Manziel commitment earlier in the year. Do I detect a slight bias in this article???

http://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting-news/view/162580
Duck Blind
AG
Thank you for your apology. However, my REAL ISSUE is the underlying sentiment of the original writer, and his DIRECT reflection on your magazine. Sure, you (and he) can easily explain this was an honest mistake AFTER WITNESSING THE UPROAR IT CAUSED, but no apology will change the belief that there is an anti-A&M agenda at your magazine.

That said, I've purchased my last copy of DCTF.

Gig em.

AggieArchitect04
AG
I think they've more than adequately stood up, said the perceived message was unintended and apologized, more than once. Let's all move on.

1) As a publication/digest of high school players, I think you have to make sure and remain neutral. I understand trying to bring some fun to it, but I also think you walk fine line between losing readers/subscribers if they feel you're trying to pile on and dissuade recruits or paint a program in a bad color if/when they lose a commit...which let's be honest...happens fairly often to every program out there.

2) Some people really need to get a life and learn to take the high road. If someone "wrongs" you, how does raging and having this "I'll show them" attitude benefit you...or the greater good? Some of you sound like a bunch of bitter divorced women at a group therapy session. Stop being so sensitive. DCTF has already apologized and reacted to this in several ways now.

[This message has been edited by AggieArchitect04 (edited 12/9/2010 10:51a).]
oldarmy1
AG
From that ever so unbiased rag on Manziel:

"Texas A&M nearly lost to a Florida International team that many fans don't even realize is an FBS squad."

Of course the Texas A&M team he so wittingly wrote of went on to beat every worthwhile program in the Big 12 and then kicked the sip dog to the tidy bowl.

Hey Adam - Make THAT your next article!!!

Manziel is going to break records at A&M and take out your beloved sips in the process; not that beating the sips is a difficult task.

Objective Aggie
AG
Adam -
A few years ago you and I spoke on a similar though isolated incident involving Texas A&M and DCTF. I felt confident we had moved on.

I think the onus is on DCTF to win back the A&M fanbase.

Guys -
I had several exchanges with Adam a few years back. Adam is a genuine guy and a good guy. I am disappointed, but let's see how DCTF handles this.
Straight Talk
AG
Thanks Mr Architect for being the voice of reason, in your own mind. Screw this travis dude and the magazine he works for.

If he is fired by the end of the day then maybe I will change my mind but you know, maybe not.
LostInLA07
AG
well, should I buy this year's magazine at a keepsake since it seems it will be the last edition published?
Furlock Bones
AG
Architect,

it has more to with the confirmation of anti-A&M bias than anything else. i continue to not understand why so many in this state plenty of which are in the media are so dead set against A&M success.
oldarmy1
AG
http://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting-news/view/162580

So you think they adequately apologized? Don't be an ostrich. They go out of their way to take pot shots at anything A&M.

Where can you find a copy of DCTFB? In the girls panties section. Count on it, Travis!
AAM02
AG
wow ... hadn't read that Manziel article but agree it's a flaming piece of bitter dog crap.
livershot93
AG
To be so hated, we must be doing something right...I like it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.