Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dave Campbells Rag - Business Suicide

46,384 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by viva torrente
GEA89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So on their Twitter page: http://twitter.com/dctf

You think writing: "Denton Guyer Josh Stewart joins two teammates as an Oklahoma State pledge. Sorry, A&M. Wah wahhh." is good for business and professional or you just don't care?

Nice business decision there.
jagvocate
AG
A business is free to do what it wants.

And I'm free to never buy their product again ... that's the beauty of capitalism

If they retract, I'll be impressed; if not, F'em
GEA89
AG
I have bought that mag every year for the past 20 years. Won't buy it this year or ever again.
czar_iv
AG
Dave Campbell's mag sucked before this tweet and will suck after ...
hittag70
This cannot be left alone. Wow! I know I will not buy that rag again. What a huge marketing mistake.
inch05
AG
completely agree. his magazine sucks, has sucked and forever will suck.
Thirsty Third
AG
Don't hit trolls
AggieArchitect04
AG
quote:
Dave Campbell's mag sucked before this tweet and will suck after ...

This.

So much of it is the mystique about who's going to be on the cover?!?!

The content is subpar.

Also the tweet doesn't seem to be there now. Unless it was older.
jagvocate
AG
They've apologized
AggieArchitect04
AG
Whoa...check out the tweet now!! Behold the power of TexAgs!

quote:
Sorry Aggie fans, no slight intended. Would've liked Stewart, one of our faves, to stay in TX more than anyone. Thanks for keeping us alert.
2 minutes ago via web
JRB78
AG
Its about time I stopped buying that magazine anyway. It hasn't been worth what I pay for it for years now.
ProphAC
AG
bojangles
jagvocate
AG
bojangles obviously works for Dave Campbell
Olag00
AG
quote:
@dctf
Dave Campbell's TF
If you'd like to talk it over, email me at Travis.Stewart@texasfootball.com. Happy to try and explain.
brandonh
AG
We can vote with our dollars and inform other on an Aggie message board to do the same. No shame in that, bojangles.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Wow, this is getting a little hysterical.
Noble07
AG
quote:
Thanks for keeping us alert.

AggieArchitect04
AG
Olag00
AG
So now does an Aggie get put on the cover to "smooth" things over????
Optimus
AG
My Dad has bought their mag for a long time. He will now be informed of their idiocracy and bias. D-bags!
AAM02
AG
Idiotic original tweet. Someone will likely be in trouble for this.
altheusernamesaregone

[This message has been edited by altheusernamesaregone (edited 12/12/2012 3:22p).]
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
@dctf
Dave Campbell's TF
If you'd like to talk it over, email me at Travis.Stewart@texasfootball.com. Happy to try and explain.

I'd like to see the explanation if anybody gets an e-mail reply
altheusernamesaregone
For what it's worth, I've dealt with Travis quite a bit and he's a good guy. I'm betting this was some minion overplaying his hand.
The Collective
AG
Wow, what an utter idiotic thing to post. Just for fun, I will not be buying this next summer.
Tshirt Ag
Got this reply to an email to one of hte managers there:

You are free to call me at the number below if you have questions/concerns that are not answered after reading this email.

I do agree with you the tweet was a bit over the top. We have removed it from the page for now and re-assessed a couple of things on our policy for twitter content.

Our policy has always been to be a bit informal on twitter with a bit more color/spirit based on the expectations of what we believe our social media followers want. That said, we do want to avoid the appearance of being overly antagonistic or protagonistic if we can. Each situation is different of course, but after talking with our editorial folks, breaking news like a de-commitment in the future might be better served with Player X has de-committed from school Y. Sorry Team nickname.

Adding in the other language can be mis-construed to seem a bit antagonistic. It was not our intent and we will monitor this medium a bit better to do our best to avoid this in the future. Again, we want to be fun with social media. We want to be informal. However, we will work to tighten things up a bit more.

The writer of the tweet was intending the wah, wah to be read like a sound effect (think game show music) not the sound of someone crying. Still, either way, it was not to our standard.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, thanks for reading to date and we hope to re-earn your patronage in the future.

All the best.
Human
AG
The question is...

How much of a jock sniffer must you be to have bought one of those rags anyway.

Just buy stars!!
Rusty GCS
AG
I read it as a game show noise and not crying. Still thought it was taunting and irresponsible. I wouldn't be surprised if OB was bragging about a former student writing the tweet
TAMU_91
AG
quote:
The writer of the tweet was intending the wah, wah to be read like a sound effect (think game show music) not the sound of someone crying.

Yeah, like that's better.
Hello Newman
Dave Campbell wouldn't approve
WestAustinAg
AG
I do not buy product from companies that take shots at A&M. DCTF is dead to me.
Tshirt Ag
The reply acknowledges it was an error either way. Sux it was tweeted, but impressed he replied ASAP. Let's move on.
Rusty GCS
AG
To be honest I've only bought his magazine once. I think the 06 or 07 version. The impulse buy at the grocery line.

Who needs to buy it when you ahve Looch for A&M news and any other info that's interesting has already been viral way before the rag was printed?
whitebread_1
AG
They have to do something for damage control. They weren't going to come out and say they were telling Aggies to stop crying. I've never seen "waa whaa..." used as game show music in language form, but have seen it used for someone crying a lot!
MW03
AG
Honestly, Dave Campbell Texas Football is a novelty... a relic that people buy for nostalgia's sake. It's no more relevant than the notion of calling a sports talk hotline for information.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.