Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Fish Campers, Greeks, FLOs, etc...

34,237 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Viper16
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why can't your organizations' tshirts be maroon? Being a leader doesn't always mean sticking out like a sore thumb.
rhoswen
AG
wear maroon to Kyle.
Yell.
Stand.

That's it. That's all there is to it. Stop ****ing around with it.
dbcooper
AG
fish camp sucks
neon is super gay
maroon is our school color
we play nebraska on saturday

did i get it all?
Waffle_Release_Date
quote:
OMG maroon out. WEAR maroon. Nobody cares what fish camp your in. We are there to watch the team. Great! You are involved! So am I, but I'm not flaunting it at football games. Ya, it doesn't matter what you wear to football games but this game is dedicated to wearing maroon. So just do it. I know every student has a maroon shirt.
this
And for those who keep saying "we wear neon to support our organization. Dammit, being an Aggie trumps all organizations. Support your school and it's colors on gameday you self centered, egocentric, entitled feeling, immature little children. One freaking day to wear maroon isn't going to
Ruin your social organization. This is the slippery slope that'll continue to erode the spirit of aggieland. And on another note I wrote a 12 page long post and no one cared enough to attack it. Sad.
Tom, Bert, & Bill
AG
page 9. lolz

i heard cam newton was in a FLO and they were responsible for the whole PTP and Camgate.
MooreTrucker
AG
Wow. While I agree completely about doing away with the neon shirts on gameday, I will point out that both of my kids were in FLO's, which are outstanding organizations (not circle-jerks or resume' padding, but a great way for new Aggies to get involved on campus), and both of my kids are as red-ass Aggie as anyone in this board.
Waffle_Release_Date
Flos paid Cam to wear their neon.
But seriously flos....maroon shirt release date?
Waffle_Release_Date
On second thought, none of this kids have ever sniffed TexAgs before now so they're not going to get that. Fail. Add it to their list of fail.
mtjoy
I always wear a maroon jersey to games, and will do so on Saturday, and certainly hope everyone else does as well.

But surely some of you see the irony in demanding everyone else wear the color you want them to wear by admonishing them as such: "...you self centered, egocentric, entitled feeling, immature little children..."

Hmmmm.
jimbotron
quote:
I wrote a 12 page long post and no one cared enough to attack it. Sad.

I responded to it in the post immediately following yours.
TOUCHDOWN!
There's nothing wrong with wanting people to wear maroon to home games.

The problem is that so many on this site are bad-mouthing other ags, calling them derogatory names, and putting down organizations on campus because of something that isn't even a issue.

Go to http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/kyle-field-panoramics-2010-sfa.html and look at the 4 games they have posted. Out of +20,000 students that show up to every game, you have about 20-30 people in neon at each game. Most of the time, they're not even sitting together or wearing their organizations shirts.

You people are blowing this way out of proportion, and you're putting down other Aggies in the process because they spent their time at texas A&M differently than you did. As I mentioned in a longer post a few pages back, the Aggie spirit is different for every single student because they have had different experiences during their time at A&M. It doesn't make them any less of an Aggie than you are.
livershot93
AG
This thread will not go away. And I just sent it ttt...doh!
Waffle_Release_Date
^
|
|
|
That was funny

And let me clarify, I'm not calling everyone those aforementioned names, and shouldn't have done so at all. I am just referring to the fact most of the people in a lot of those organizations are in it and that is all that is important to them. They do it cause they want to, not for A&M. And to refuse to wear maroon for no real reason is a self centered. No place for that when trying to continue to the Spirit of Aggieland. Not bad people, not all bad Aggies, just wish they would just be a little less....whatever they are.
HooT
This just gave me the opportunity to say that I think Fish Camp counselors are a bunch of dewshbags.

Just because you're an Aggie doesn't mean I can't call you a dewsh.
at.omlinson
What is a FLO?
coolerguy12
AG
Look, and I've said it a hundred times, just wear maroon or

I'm joking. But seriously, wear maroon

Waffle_Release_Date
Coolerguy, love the first GIF. Made me laugh
Stoker14
quote:
you self centered, egocentric, entitled feeling, immature little children.

...This made me giggle.

I don't think there is a single person here that is saying they're going to wear neon colors. I'm in a FLO. I don't even own a neon shirt, neither do a good 90% of the people in our FLO. We will all be in maroon. It's a crazy concept, but I'm confident you can grasp that concept.

Now go outside. It's nice out.
Noble Men
AG
Lot of rook idiots showing up on this one.
Stoker14
quote:
Lot of rook idiots showing up on this one.
Real insulting from a guy that collects old and rare coins.
HooT
Stoker, no one takes kindly to being poorly insulted by an 18 year-old.

Just saying.
TexasAggiesWin
S
TexAgs: Where big problems are small and small problems are the end of the world. Huzzah!!
Tom, Bert, & Bill
AG
this just in...

Cam Newton was offered acceptance into a FLO if he played for us.

Breaking news.
Hulla Baller
AG
AggieLish13
quote:
I don't know of a single fish camp that still pulls together

Fish Camp isn't supposed to be a crutch for the freshmen all year. We help them make friends before they come here so they have people to hang out with the first few weeks of school. We walk them through their classes and take them to their first few Aggie Tradition events. We urge them to get involved in something, ANYTHING. No, most camps don't continue to pull together because we want them to step out and have some independence. Organize a ticket pull with their friends, or go with an organization they got involved in. We want them to have the chance to succeed, and Fish Camp is the best way we can help them. And, for the record, my DG knows they can call me for anything, whether it be for a ride from campus or just how to find a building or even for advice. I also am still close with my DG leader from when I was a fish, as well as other counselors and freshmen from that year. Yes, there are some counselors who are in it just to make friends, but you cant give a blanket judgement to an organization with over 1,000 members. I did it to serve, and because I saw how hard it was for my friends to find their place who didn't go to camp.

[This message has been edited by AggieLish13 (edited 11/18/2010 3:28p).]
A_MBaseballFan
Alcia +4:

A_MBaseballFan
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_159275294112687&ap=1
aggirl2011
quote:
Alcia +4:

hahahahahah
haha
haha
ha
haaha
Captain Pablo
AG
WHOA!!! I had never seen those panoramics before! I found me in them!
fire09
AG
Lets get down to the important stuff here. Why dont we have neon in a maroon variation? Lets all agree that these girls in pink and lime green texting the whole game look goofy. If we could satiate their desire to be unique and cool by wearing a more "badass" neon maroon, wont all parties be satisfied?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
What is a FLO?

Freshman Leadership Organization
many9
aggirl2011
FLO?
A_MBaseballFan
Von Miller chops FLO's
Captain Pablo
AG

FLO = not bad for an 82 year old red head

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.