Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Fish Campers, Greeks, FLOs, etc...

34,238 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Viper16
HooT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread

ABon
many9
Waffledynamics
AG
Thank God I'm not one of those 'cool' people. I love my maroon shirts and have more of them in my dresser than other shirts.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
Thank God I'm not one of those 'cool' people. I love my maroon shirts and have more of them in my dresser than other shirts.

Easy there, son. You might be on the right side of this "neon yellow / maroon" argument, but considering you said those maroon shirts are in your dresser, I'm putting them in the t-shirt category, whereas if said shirts had a collar, they would surely be hanging up. In my book, that don't make you "cool". It does, however, open up a whole 'nother can of worms...
bankshot11
AG
quote:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_159275294112687&ap=1

What in the blue **** is that?
Agg1e07
FLO people trying to be cute and copy TotalFratMove.com. Except theirs really aren't funny at all.
GiveUsRoom13
You shouldn't have time for flo's in the fall. There is only one leadship group during the fall and that's Bonfire. Push tonight BTHOB.
jamaggie06
AG
Wow, this thread is all kinds of weird. That being said, I did read what FLO stands for, but in the real sense, what is a FLO and what do they do?

I was in organizations when I was school, but they were more of the relevant kind, like ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) or SEoT (Structural Engineers of Texas). These were student chapters of professional organizations that hosted meetings where current professionals would come and speak.

I'm just trying to understand the purpose of a FLO. What do they do and what purpose do they serve? Do they have a purpose beyond college?
Moochie Norris
FLOs suck, fish camp sucks. They are for gays. It's as simple as that.
Waffle_Release_Date
Has anyone said what a Flo is?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Yea what is a FLO? I haven't figured it out yet.

"Trust me, I'm a scientist."
livershot93
AG
TexAg15
AG
I'm a prospective student who's probably been to more Aggie home games then most of those seniors wearing neon. I already know all the yells and after reading all of this I'm considering not going to Fish Camp at all. I must say that my current perception of the current non-regs is a great recruiting tool for the Corps. I think it's the only way that I can really feel the Spirit that my dad fell in love with as a non-reg and passed it on to me. I can't wait for Saturday. I'll be sitting in the same seat I've been sitting in for nine years for the last time before I move to join the 12th man. BTHO nu

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
Waffle_Release_Date
quote:
Yea what is a FLO? I haven't figured it out yet.
I still think its a lady who calls me sweetie and brings me pancakes and coffee.

To above poster, I'm a nonreg and as redass as they come. And for FC, you make your own decision. You sound like you know enough that whether you go and don't like it or don't go and regret it that you'll be OK. You could go and love it. You gotta decide, not let me or anyone else decide.
YourFavAggie
AG
Why are you bashing people who are standing up for themselves and their organizations.

Especially when 90% of what they are saying lines up with what every other person on this thread is saying (that they should wear maroon)

I hate to say it, but there are some less than par people who call themselves aggies, and if the aggie community was being bashed as a whole because of a few ***holes. Each and everyone of you would argue that those few don't represent the aggie family as a whole.

Same thing here but with flos
A_MBaseballFan
Go to fish camp. Seriously do it. I may be biased as a consuelor, but it's def not a waste of time like TexAgs makes it out to be.

Flos however...
Tom, Bert, & Bill
AG
FLOs are ultimately your decision if you decide to go out for them once you get here but Fish Camp is something every freshman should experience. The opinions of Texags shows the opinions of about less than 2% of current students. Fish Camp is a wonderful place to set a firm footing and meet some good friends as well as valuable upperclassmen resources. To this day I still remain good friends with my DG leader and she has helped me in recommending teachers as well as letting me borrow her old materials for classes such as Organic Chem Lab. These resources and knowledge would not have been possible without Fish Camp.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I'm a prospective student who's probably been to more Aggie home games then most of those seniors wearing neon. I already know all the yells and after reading all of this I'm considering not going to Fish Camp at all. I must say that my current perception of the current non-regs is a great recruiting tool for the Corps. I think it's the only way that I can really feel the Spirit that my dad fell in love with as a non-reg and passed it on to me. I can't wait for Saturday. I'll be sitting in the same seat I've been sitting in for nine years for the last time before I move to join the 12th man. BTHO nu

If you don't join the corps, live northside and build bonfire. Dorms like Hart, Walton, Lechner, Schuchmacher, Crocker, and etc are the last bastion.
YourFavAggie
AG
Flo. Freshman leadership organization
For example, There are business and engineering based flos

Weekly meeting where a professional in the business world comes to speak, entrepeneurs, CIA, international business men, and others come and speak on a weekly basis.

Mock interviews, resume workshops, and a corporate trip each year to a big 4 accounting firm.

Community service projects

Social environment for incoming freshman to get involved at A&M

And most importantly wearing maroon to football games.

That is an example of a flo
Waffle_Release_Date
quote:
Flos however...

[This message has been edited by old_ARMY_soul (edited 11/18/2010 8:27p).]
brochacho13
Jamaggie,

I was in organizations when I was school, but they were more of the relevant kind, like ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) or SEoT (Structural Engineers of Texas). These were student chapters of professional organizations that hosted meetings where current professionals would come and speak.
tbirdspur2010
AG
lol @ this thread.

10 pages y'all? Really?
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
admittedly ive only skimmed this thread but heres my $0.02-
The Corps is an very important part of A&M. Fish Camp is a very important part of A&M. All student organizations are important to A&M. However when i was a fish (non reg) it was in fall of 2000...i noticed over my years that the campus began to feel less friendly and more divided...i wonder why that was...
Waffledynamics
AG
quote:

quote:
Easy there, son. You might be on the right side of this "neon yellow / maroon" argument, but considering you said those maroon shirts are in your dresser, I'm putting them in the t-shirt category, whereas if said shirts had a collar, they would surely be hanging up. In my book, that don't make you "cool". It does, however, open up a whole 'nother can of worms...

Heh, they are t-shirts. I don't think I've quite 'earned' my nicer shirt. Once I get through the transition period out of Comp Sci and into Economics and settle in more, I'll make that step.

Also, I don't give a damn what people think when they try to be more divided from the school. That's definitely a clique mentality still present. Swallow your old pride and grow the Aggie pride.

[This message has been edited by AgStephen12 (edited 11/19/2010 12:15a).]
brochacho13
Enlightenment, you are definitely right. The tradition of Howdy has almost died, and it saddens me to say that it has. I have said howdy to random people many a time, but they usually don't pay attention and it's hard to keep the tradition alive when that happens. It's partly because the people on this thread who are ranting about flos are so close-minded that stuff like that dies
Element_AG
AG
Howdy! What is a FLO?
brochacho13
i love looking at all of you kids crying that a few people are wearing shirts. dont get me wrong, i believe a maroon shirt should be worn to every game, and i wear a maroon shirt everytime myself. but seriously, when you cry so much it's just pathetic. also, in the picture where there are people wearing neon shirts together, you cant even tell from the far away view.
They Call me Stacey
What is a flo now guys? Help an old ag out here
javick82
AG
Freshman Leadership Organization.

Like a cheap frat/sorority.

For freshmen.

But they actually love Texas A&M.
Waffle_Release_Date
quote:
Flo. Freshman leadership organization
I think you're trying to tell me something but I can't quite figure out what. Sooo....a flo is what now?
agsalaska
AG
When My sister got to A&M in 92 my dad couldnt believe how much it had changed in the thirty years since he had graduated. Ive been out ten and am starting to feel some of his pain. We wore shirts that said rent a friend join a frat. They sold them on northgate in the bookstores. And if my memory serves me Maroon out started in '98 for the Nebraska game. Before that it really didnt matter. That wave sort of hit the entire country.

FLO? WTF?
Verne Lundquist
AG
I always found the "wear maroon" people hilarious. I wore maroon a good portion of the time. Except when it was blistering hot. I wore my grey pfg. It doesn't matter really.

What's one of the boys down on the field going to say? "OH LOOK IT'S VL UP THERE IN THIRD DECK WEARING A GREY SHIRT INSTEAD OF MAROON...SCREW THIS I'M GOING TO SIT ON THE BENCH."

all that matters is that kyle field is loud as hell.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Waffle_Release_Date
quote:
When My sister got to A&M in 92 my dad couldnt believe how much it had changed in the thirty years since he had graduated. Ive been out ten and am starting to feel some of his pain. We wore shirts that said rent a friend join a frat. They sold them on northgate in the bookstores. And if my memory serves me Maroon out started in '98 for the Nebraska game. Before that it really didnt matter. That wave sort of hit the entire country.
Rent a friend shirts still here
EDIT-Clarified my statement

[This message has been edited by old_ARMY_soul (edited 11/19/2010 3:02a).]
P.C. Principal
we get it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.