Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Fish Campers, Greeks, FLOs, etc...

34,236 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Viper16
Jabrone1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
okay...now that photographic evidence has been presented. Those dou***s should get rid of that s***.
Bryan98
AG
Fish Camp is a good thing; they just need to get with the Maroon Out program for games. Show your Fish Camp spirit another time, like Fridays or something.

FWIW I grew up in a diehard Aggie household, went to Fish Camp, and was in the Corps. All Fish Camp does is teach incoming students our traditions and yells.
ChoppinDs
AG
Frat guys are d-bags but they are nowhere near the evil that is fish camp. Fish camp is the devil's ghey son
mpaggie06
AG
It's funny how it takes Fish Camp to bring Frat Dads and Corps/Non-Reg T-Shirt Ags together...at long last we have found something to hate- TOGETHER.
HooT
Bryan, does that mean you graduated in 98? The Fish Camp of the past five years is nothing like it used to be. It's one giant hipster circle-jerk juggernaut of ***** and it needs to be stopped.

[This message has been edited by HooT (edited 11/16/2010 2:16p).]
Christian_531
Its organizations in general and I don't think y'all are going to have to worry about the Maroon Out game. My assumption is that most organizations will understand the idea is to "maroon out" Kyle field.

You guys have got to be kidding about Fish Camp and FLOs ruining A&M. That perception is very ill-informed.

Student organizations (Corps, Greek, Fish Camp, etc) play a large role in what makes A&M as great as it. The traditions that we all love so much were are started from these organizations.

Its been a while since I was a part of Fish Camp but it had a profound influence on the trajectory of my life personally.
P.C. Principal
It's because Fish Camp is for the counselors, not the freshmen

[This message has been edited by ItalianSta11ion (edited 11/16/2010 5:20p).]
HooT
Stallion's got it right.
FairwayAg
AG
After all these so called distractions we still have one of the best venues in all of sports.

I don't understand all the griping. I guess it is part of being and aggie and striving for perfection.

I know Gator fan, Duck fan, etc doesn't hear all the *****ing and infighting we endure. They have frats and yet their stadiums are just as loud as ours. Take it upon yourself to motivate a group if you see them not yelling. Be the better aggie.

Faber College '62
mclarenman
quote:
I would yell until my head was about to explode, pop a few pills and yell some more while waving a towel every down (always kept extra for those who didn't bring one). And for those of you kids who think I'm being too hard core or a "102%er", you have absolutely what it means to be in the 12th man.

Pretty sure E. King Gill never had to pop pills to prove that he was an Aggie. Take it easy on yourself dude.
A_MBaseballFan
I was a fish camp counselor this summer. I don't know anybody that pulls with the freshmen in their camp past the first or second games. And when camps do pull together, the freshmen wear maroon and some of the ******r counselors wear their camp shirts then get harassed for it. The blocks at Kyle Field are never from fish camps. They are however from other organizations that are trying to promote a particular event, and FLOs are usually it as they pull together for almost all the games. At the last home game, one of the FLOs, FAST, had everyone wearing hot pink shirts to promote breast cancer awareness. Sorry, but Kyle Field is not the place for this, and I know that breast cancer exists.

I don't think Frats are the problems with block neon colors, but they still do suck.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
Its been a while since I was a part of Fish Camp but it had a profound influence on the trajectory of my life personally.

If you were in Fish Camp any time from apprx. 2000 onward, then I feel sorry for the trajectory that it had on your personal life.
Bryan98
AG
HooT - Yes, I'm class of '98, but in addition to attending Fish Camp in the summer of '94, I also attended the first day of one of this year's fish camps. Seemed like the same deal to me. There was a big Traditions presentation, and the Yell Leaders came for a Yell Practice. I left after dinner because I have a one-year-old (less at the time), but I might be able to find my copy of the schedule for the whole session.

When I attended, it was wall-to-wall good-bull Aggie indoctrination just like I got at home (albeit by people wearing silly neon outfits, for whatever reason), and it doesn't seem to have changed some 16 years later.

I'd be happy to hear any accounts from others who have attended recently, but I would hope that a first-hand account from a slightly old Ag would mean a little.
mpaggie06
AG
Iron Spikes is a gaye frat.
Pignorant
AG
I was a counselor this year and I've never been more proud to be an Aggie than when I was at fish camp. The Spirit is alive and well at fish camp.
Bio Man
AG
Wasn't Maroon Out founded and still hosted by the organization Class Councils?
Mr. Stubb
Seriously, what are FLOs and FLIP(s?)? I mean literally what do the acronyms stand for and what are the groups? Don't just tell me that they suck. I can see that you think that.
Christian_531
quote:
If you were in Fish Camp any time from apprx. 2000 onward, then I feel sorry for the trajectory that it had on your personal life.

I think I can make due...I appreciate your concern.
HooT
FLOs are Freshman Leadership Organizations. Any acronym starting with FL is one of it's subsidiaries. They exist to fluff up resumes.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
As a former Fish Camp leader... OP is right. I hope that's not become a problem. Wear maroon!!

As much as "old Army" likes to complain about "new Army", wearing maroon to games is something new Army does a lot better than we did.
Seanzy2012
AG
I agree with the complete maroon out for the entire game, but for the guys and girls working CARPOOL that night I think a neon cap or even if they want to wear their opts shirt should and not be hassled about it. If they didn't they'd get some very rude remarks (i.e f*#cking 2%er's) for doing the entire 12th man a great service. As far as everyone else though yea let's try for a good MAROON OUT. But seriously don't give the CARPOOL members crap for leaving on Saturday.
pothag2012
AG
no white. just maroon lets do it. if its rainin wear a maroon jacket
hbtheduce
AG
A_MBaseball, I think that game was the breast cancer awareness game. And I want to say I read saw something about "pinkout" for that game on facebook.

But I personally didn't like the shirts, and this is coming from someone who was a freshman FAST last year. (the other "Fastout" shirts I have seen were all maroon)
JJxvi
AG
Wear two shirts.

New Army lives at Reed Arena
Christian_531
Mr. Stubb,
FLO = Freshmen Leadership Organization

FLIP is a FLO

FLIP = Freshmen Leaders in Progress

studentactivities.tamu.edu/online/organization/OTU2OTcw/profile
Chalupa Batman
AG
I heard that before they started Maroon Out that not everyone wore maroon to games and it wasn't a big deal. Not sure about this since I was pretty young when they started Maroon Out.

I'm sick of everyone on here blaming Fish Camp and FLOs for this. I was a two-time counselor and in a FLO, and never wore anything other than maroon, nor do I know anyone who was in those organizations with me who wore anything other than maroon. Yes I know most of the people wearing neon are probably part of either Fish Camp, FLOs, Greek life, etc., but don't lump the rest of us in with those choades. They would probably wear neon even if they weren't involved in those organizations

-------------------------------------------------------

Jon Ponder 08
AG
Mr. Stubb, FLO= freshman leadership organization (someone up there had it right)

FLiP= Freshman leaders in progress, it is one of the FLO's.

I, myself, was actually in FLiP and at least the time that I was there, we wore maroon to every game and yelled till our a##holes came out of our mouths.
TOUCHDOWN!
As I said on page 1, all of you complainers are pathetic.

I never want to be a part of "old army."
StoicSoldier09
quote:
I never want to be a part of "old army."

Don't worry, you won't.

Let's mock those that came before and set the standard of excellence. Going to a university that prides itself on tradition? What a joke.
JOHN2010
AG
The only good thing about fish camp is they fill out the top of the 3rd deck for the first game..
treebranch
FLO's
Rebel-E91
AG
Maroon Out IS new Army.
BullSprig07
AG
I went to S.A.L.T camp so I did not learn the ghey just the traditions.
They Call me Stacey
As a former member of Fish Camp and a FLO, I am nothing short of embarrassed of what they have become. What used to be about the freshman has become a group of "look at me's", attention *****, retard-fest.

For anyone who hasn't heard of these things, if you can imagine a group of people all trying to out do themselves for the most attention, that's all these things are. It's sad really.
mpaggie06
AG
^^^^POTD

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.