Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***Running Thread***

30,894 Views | 356 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by bigtruckguy3500
bert harbinson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see, if his dad followed him, giving him water throughout the race, then yes, he should be DQed. One clip showed the dad handing him water when he had just run past the station (trash cans lining the course). Also, the declared winner was shown in a photo running with a water bottle, not a cup. Were whole bottles being handed out on course?
aggiespartan
AG
bert harbinson said:

I see, if his dad followed him, giving him water throughout the race, then yes, he should be DQed. One clip showed the dad handing him water when he had just run past the station (trash cans lining the course). Also, the declared winner was shown in a photo running with a water bottle, not a cup. Were whole bottles being handed out on course?
there were spectators handing out bottles. At least I assumed they were spectators. They had tables set up better than the race.
94chem
aggiespartan said:

bert harbinson said:

there were spectators handing out bottles. At least I assumed they were spectators. They had tables set up better than the race.

Ridiculous. 2nd place finisher deserves a lifetime ban if he ratted that dude our for taking water.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
aggiespartan
AG
I kind of think if his dad hadn't been on a bike, nobody would have noticed.
bigtruckguy3500
Anyone do heavy lifting (squats/deadlifts) and still able to keep up with their running? Curious if I should back down a little on weight training, or change something else.

I run twice a week on average, not very far. Sometimes I'll do some speed work. But I've noticed my legs just feel a little heavy and having a hard time getting faster. I usually try to run 2-3 days after leg day, then again 2 days later.

I don't think my legs are over trained.

I also don't run near as far as I used to since I'm scared of injury. Rare for me to go over 3 miles. Usually warm up and cooldown is 2.5 or less.

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I do leg day typically between 1.5-2x/wk and run 4-5 days a week (30-40 miles) currently. I switched from traditional deadlifts to barbell Romanian deadlifts just because I think it's a more effective workout for hamstring development. I also switched from lower rep ranges (4-6 reps) to higher reps (8-12 reps) for leg day. I usually do my easy runs the day of and the day after leg day and try to fit my long runs and speed work runs in the day before leg day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bigtruckguy3500
Interesting. Thanks. Maybe I'll back off the heavier lifts and increase the reps a bit. At least for a few weeks to change things up and see.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.