Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***2022 Weight Loss Thread***

28,882 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gilligan said:

5' 10"

Jan 19 247 lbs
May 25 208.2 lbs

Noom app and moderate exercise.

Kicking ass!
Jimmy McNulty
AG
bagger05 said:

Something I've been doing for a few days that has been very impactful:

I have a note on my phone that every time I do something good for my health and fitness, I write it down along with a quick affirmation. If I'm not in an odd setting I say the affirmation out loud. Doesn't have to be a big deal... I'm even giving myself credit for brushing my teeth.

A couple quick examples:

- I drank two glasses of water. I give my body what it needs to thrive.
- I chose not to make a snack after dinner. I make thoughtful choices that advance my goals.
- I stayed dry for the day. I am proactive and disciplined.

Seems silly but I'm noticing some really positive effects. I have been improving some habits that I've routinely struggled with. Drinking water, drinking too much booze, not getting enough sleep... making big progress in all these areas even though work is a cluster right now.

Not silly at all if it helps you. Whatever keeps you motivated is the right move, boss!
Gilligan
AG
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Height: 6'3"
Current weight 235

The goal for June (birthday) is 220

The goal for the end of 2022: 210
February 1st weight = 232

January Highlights: Walked 104 miles; 1080 situps and 680 pushups

New Goal: 210 by November 18 (35th class reunion)
March 1st weight = 229

February highlights: Walked 109 miles, 1,486 situps, 992 pushups
April 1st weight = 224

March highlights: Walked 120 miles; completed 1,687 situps and 1,661 pushups

Now playing softball 2 hours a week and 1 round of golf a week
May 1st Weight = 222

April highlight = Walked 110 miles but didn't do the pushups and situps

Play softball 2x a week and golf 2x a week.

I have 2 pairs of Wrangler jeans that are way too big now!!! 40 x 34 & 40 x 36 for sale!!

Also spent 6 hours country dancing, reminding me of the Texas Hall of Fame days
June 1st Weight = 218

May highlight = Walked 110 miles

Athletic activities: Softball, Golf, mowing 3 acres a week with a self-propelled mower, and dancing 4 hours every weekend
StringerBell
AG
im gonna go ahead and hop on here for motivation/support etc.

put on a ton of weight at the end of 2021. started 2022 with good workout habits but not good eating habits. finally got my ass in gear in march and have dropped 12 lbs. trying to do things differently this year--instead of being cardio bunny im lifting an hour 6 days a weel (PPL) and then about 20-30 minutes of cardio. the lifting means the scale moves slower, but i can feel myself getting stronger and i have noticed changes.

the scale moving slow is ****ing with my head and i dont like it but I've got body image issues anyway.

goal is 20 pounds lower than what i am right now.
Bunk Moreland
keep working on it.

I hit a full plateau for april and may. after getting out of ketosis and not giving a **** about carbs and the bad food for a while I went up about 5 pounds but have been parked there since. I've been back doing strict keto and working out now for a week and i'm starting to see the momentum moving in the right direction.

My goal is 30 more by Labor Day.
bagger05
AG
I'm heading out for vacation. Been a rough few weeks at work and I have not been disciplined for the last month or so.

Already talked to my coach/trainer about getting back after it when I get home. I'm down about 15 lbs since the beginning of the year but want to keep going. Going to start food tracking after vacation and make sure my schedule is built around my program.

I have a lot more flexibility than most people so "I'm too busy at work" is a lame excuse.
bagger05
AG
I believe in you.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
StringerBell said:

im gonna go ahead and hop on here for motivation/support etc.

put on a ton of weight at the end of 2021. started 2022 with good workout habits but not good eating habits. finally got my ass in gear in march and have dropped 12 lbs. trying to do things differently this year--instead of being cardio bunny im lifting an hour 6 days a weel (PPL) and then about 20-30 minutes of cardio. the lifting means the scale moves slower, but i can feel myself getting stronger and i have noticed changes.

the scale moving slow is ****ing with my head and i dont like it but I've got body image issues anyway.

goal is 20 pounds lower than what i am right now.
It's all about consistency. I should know as I've lost and gained 30+ lbs multiple times in the past several years and know what it feels like to fall off the wagon and lose all my progress.

I'm down about 36 pounds since the start of December, and have stayed on it. I'm much less concerned now about the scale as my weight is down to a level I'm comfortable with and don't mind gaining if I know it's muscle.

You're doing great. Keep telling yourself it went on slow and it's damn sure going to come off slow. You got it man!
StringerBell
AG
The entire wire crew coming together like voltron
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Good poleece
Sarge 91
AG
Started Dec 1 at 274. Dropped 30 pounds in the first 3 months. Started lifting weights in April and the weight loss flatlined. Good body comp changes though. Just switched to 30 minute circuit training and 30 minute Peleton daily to kick start the scale numbers. Current 244. Goal 205 by the end of 2022.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
1/1/2021: 217

7/27/2021: 223.9

1/1/2022: 194.2: Goal 170

6/14/2022: 168.6

Haven't posted in a while and wasn't planning on posting today, but got on the scale this morning and was officially at (under) goal for the first time!

Everyone on the thread, thanks for the motivation, have a great day and keep after it!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
1997aggies
AG
01/01/2022: 196.5
06/22/2022: 168.3

5'9" 47 years old
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Current weight 235

July 1 weight = 215

Celebrated my 57th birthday a few weeks ago and am very pleased with my current weight

142 days until my 35th class reunion and I should be around 205ish by then
wmitchell
AG
I'm hopping on here mid year. Work stress, bad eating and laziness has led me to be 191lbs. Goal is below 175 with ideal being 165. Working on eating habits first….
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2010
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Current weight 235

July 1 weight = 215

Celebrated my 57th birthday a few weeks ago and am very pleased with my current weight

August 1 weight = 211

Class Reunion is November 18-19, so the goal is to be between 200 & 205.
91_Aggie
AG
Also hopping on Mid year.
Covid has just made me fat from working at home, eating lots of comfort food, not caring a lot and really enjoying ice cream.

So July 5th, I decided to really get serious again.

July 5th: Weighed 236 at 6'3"

Today (August 5th): 218

method for losing weight is OMAD (I'm really able to handle this well... I get a little hungry around noon, but that goes away... then around 3pm I started getting hungry again, but I can go 2 hours with a little hunger.

Also, started running again... essentially doing about 4 miles a day (around 11am to 2pm depending on when work meetings let me get away). and yes it's freakin hot in College Station at that time. I'm usually 5-6 pounds lighter post run from water loss.

College friends coming to town in Sept for AppState game and I didn't want to be fat for that reunion was also a motivator.

trying to get to about 190-195.. but hoping to be under 210 by Sept 5th

91_Aggie
AG
Sept 5th goal met. 209 for 3 days in a row now. Maybe I can get to 205 by sept 5th now.
Still doing OMAD. Still running 5 miles a day
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Current weight 235

July 1 weight = 215

August 1 weight = 211

September 1 weight = 207 (lost 28 pounds since Jan 1)

I lose 1 pound every 10 days, so I am targeting to be at a weight of 200 pounds by Thanksgiving
StringerBell
AG
Posted that at 212

Down to 200 today (199 average for the week)

10 more to go

Down 25 since Christmas
theeyetest
Just started back up! Was 170, down from 220 in 2020 and then COVID hit me pretty good and I lost all motivation and struggled with food intake.

I've ballooned back up to 220 as of two weeks ago. Already back down to 208 as of today with goal weight of 170. I had blood tests and EKG due to not feeling well a few weeks ago. Heart is fine but my blood pressure and cholesterol is too high. I've got two girls, 8 and 4. I know I need to eat better and exercise to be around and provide for them.
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Current weight 235

July 1 weight = 215

August 1 weight = 211

September 1 weight = 207 (lost 28 pounds since Jan 1)

I lose 1 pound every 10 days, so I am targeting to be at a weight of 200 pounds by Thanksgiving
September 30 weight = Hit goal of 205 2 months early!!!!!

Beginning weight training Monday, October 3rd
ABATTBQ87
AG

Quote:

September 30 weight = Hit goal of 205 2 months early!!!!!

Beginning weight training Monday, October 3rd
November 1 weight = 209 pounds

I began weight training on Monday, October 3rd, and stayed on an M-W-F lift schedule.

Class Reunion in 18 days and I'm where I want to be physically as a healthy 57-year-old
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

January 3rd, 2022 weight 235

My last report for 2022

December 3, 2020 weight = 256

December 1, 2022 weight = 212

On October 1 I weighed in at 205, and then I began a weight training program and have gained 7 pounds of muscle as I have not changed my diet, and am very aware of the calories I eat on a daily basis.

Hoping to stay in this weight range and physically good shape for the rest of my 50s

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

January 3rd, 2022 weight 235

My last report for 2022

December 3, 2020 weight = 256

December 1, 2022 weight = 212

On October 1 I weighed in at 205, and then I began a weight training program and have gained 7 pounds of muscle as I have not changed my diet, and am very aware of the calories I eat on a daily basis.

Hoping to stay in this weight range and physically good shape for the rest of my 50s

Congrats!

I don't want to take away anything from your accomplishments, but you definitely did not put on 7 pounds of muscle in 2 months. That is essentially impossible. 3 lbs? Maybe. Week to week variations in weight even up to 5-10 lbs are common. More likely you either weighed 205 after a vigorous workout and/or fasting period, and/or you weighed 212 after increased sodium intake/water intake/large meal.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ87
AG
I weigh every morning , track my calories daily, avoid soda and ice cream, and drink about 12 cups of water daily

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.