Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***2022 Weight Loss Thread***

28,950 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
bugslinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I started back at the end of November.

31 y/o, 6'0"

Started at 276, down to 260.

Goal is 200 by early August. Then I begin phase 2 and work on getting back up to 210-215.

1/19/22- 256 lbs
2/3/22- 249 lbs
2/15/22- 245 lbs

2/24/22- 241 lbs - gone from 40x32 jeans to 36x32

3/3/22- 237lbs- about halfway to phase 1 goal. Been going over calorie budget but still seeing results. Getting more difficult to go hard on weight training.

4/6/22- 228 lbs. had a couple weeks where i went off the rails, but i'm back on the path of the righteous and didnt tank my progress. Still lifting 4+ days/week and seeing more definition/vascularity in my upper body.

4/ 22/22- 223lbs. I still havent been eating super strict like I was so i've slowed down a bit, but i'm not going backwards. Felt like i was just going through the motions on workouts, but i have been staying up later here recently.

8/16/22- 225 lbs. fell off the wagon for a bit, but didnt really lose any progress. Picking it back up to finish what i started. Actively counting all calories again and trying to lose the standard 2lbs/week.
1997aggies
AG
5'9" 46 yrs. old Goal: 160-165
January 1st: 196.5
January 5th (weighed 1st thing this morning): 187.1
bthotugigem05
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Fell off the wagon from my (admittedly pretty crazy) weight loss in 2020, where I dropped 75 pounds in 8 months. Was too ashamed to weigh myself since basically October 2020.

The weight is back, all of it, and it brought some friends. Rejoining this thread trying to look forward and not backward.

1/3/22: 309.5

I'm going to report on Fridays I think because I fully plan on enjoying the weekends. Lots of water weight lost this week, the real journey begins next week.

1/7/22: 297.4
Aggie7156
51 years old
6'6. 325
Goal weight.....225
Had covid through the holidays so just now getting started w walking to get my lungs back up to par.
Going to do both a keto approach and fasting.
1997aggies
AG
5'9" 46 years old
01/01/22: 196.5
01/08/22: 185.3

I'm down 11.2 pounds!
Alta
AG
Alta said:

6'1"
Jan 1, 2022 Weight = 286
Goal Weight = 175

01/01/22 - 286
01/08/22 - 270.9
1997aggies
AG
Really? That's incredible!

Great job!
Alta
AG
Lot of water weight. Hoping for 3-3.5 lbs a week from here forward. But thank you.
jetch17
AG
Height: 6'4"

Starting weight 1/3/2022: 216

Maintained a good range thru 2021 riding 12.5 mi a day on my bike as schedule allowed (262 days, 3200 mi) - will continue to do so, cut the sweets & booze from the holidays and lean up with some muscle hopefully
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
43 this month. Started at 171.5 and hoping to get down to 160 while working out. Then try to build leaner weight.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
JABQ04
AG
1/9/22
Current weight: 277lbs
Goal weight: 200 lbs
7yrplan
AG
41 yrs old

5'9
Goal: 155

1/1. 173
1/10. 170

Last year I cut to 160. Felt good. I think another 5 pounds will be closer to what I need aesthetically. As I get older I am amazed at how much muscle I think I have, but don't. I'm not 25 anymore.

txaggie_08
AG
I was at 199 this morning, so only down a couple pounds since beginning of year. I was at home with Covid all last week though, so haven't really started any routine yet.
wessimo
AG
1/1 199.8
1/10 197

Ok progress but need to do better about tracking every meal in MFP.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
44 years old

6'2" currently 180 LBs, have maintained this for about 6 months now. Lifting weights currently and running 3.5 miles a day.
Was 245 LBs at stress test in Feb of 2020, right before Covid. 65 LBs lighter now, and feel incredible!

Seeing my heart beating on the ultrasound in Feb 2020 was the impetus to change my life. Dad has had quadruple bypass and a minor heart attack, granddad died at age of 33 from widow maker. It was way past time.

Changed diet to eliminate all sodas, added sugars, most breads, caffeine, & fast food. First month dropped 15 pounds almost effortlessly. Then when Covid all hit, started finding my passion of walking, and then progressed to running in my neighborhood.

Now planning on running first half marathon on Sunday in downtown Houston. If I can do this, anyone reading can do this! Happy to help and encourage anyone that may have questions!

Before:

After:

bagger05
AG
Inspiring!

Amazing results, man. Thanks for coming on and offering your support.
bthotugigem05
AG
Great work! And I'm so glad that your username didn't check out with the picture you chose to post.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
bagger05 said:

Inspiring!

Amazing results, man. Thanks for coming on and offering your support.
Thanks, and I 100% mean it when I say that if I can do this, anyone can! Happy to help out however I can.
jetch17
AG
1/3/2022: 216
1/10/2022: 210
jrichgent
AG
I found this late - but I'm in!

Weight: 280

Goal: 230

I went from 311 to 280 last year by joining Crossfit. I am looking to really work on my diet this year- but I am having trouble deciding on what is sustainable for the long term.

Let's get it!
God Bless the Texas Aggies.
RangerRick9211
AG
In 2021 I had 357 hours on the bike equaling to 6,635 miles w/ 200k of vert. Despite, 2021 was fueled by cocktails and Cheetos leading to 1/1/21 weight of 174# and 12/31/21 weight of 187#.

6'2", 34, 1/11/22 check-in @ 183#. I need to be in the 160# range by March for a couple of gravel and road races. I also used my firm health budget this year on a Tonal. So I'm working in more resistance training and really enjoying it!

I've cut drinking back to social or date nights. Tracking calorie intake and macros. I've stopped ordering all the usual grazing snacks that tempt at night. However, totes got a Taco Lover's Pass. Mostly for altruistic reasons of a cheap taco for homeless here in PDX; but also because I really like tacos.
jrichgent
AG
Check out Siete Foods - Almond flour Tortillas. They carry them at Costco - and allow you to make great tacos at home and are a lot more macro friendly.

I was born and raised on the US /MX border- eating tortillas 5 days a week - these Almond Flour tortillas are a great alternative.
God Bless the Texas Aggies.
kbw01
AG
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 261
Target: 220

trying Weight Watchers, so tedious, but I lie to myself
Mainly running and Rucking
Adding sandbag HIIT
Kyle
RustyBoltz
AG
kbw01 said:

Adding sandbag HIIT
My wife was doing weight watchers for a few months and making good progress... Then they changed the point system again and it pretty well deflated her motivation. Being vegetarian, it was already a struggle eating well without blowing out her points. She canceled her account and we pivoted our whole household to SkinnyTaste recipes. We just bought her Meal Prep cookbook and are starting to work our way though it.
jetch17
AG
RustyBoltz said:

kbw01 said:

Adding sandbag HIIT
My wife was doing weight watchers for a few months and making good progress... Then they changed the point system again and it pretty well deflated her motivation. Being vegetarian, it was already a struggle eating well without blowing out her points. She canceled her account and we pivoted our whole household to SkinnyTaste recipes. We just bought her Meal Prep cookbook and are starting to work our way though it.
Forgive me as I'm just curious and non-versed, is vegetarian food & preparation THAT unhealthy? Was WW overvaluing carbs from veg?
ABATTBQ87
AG

Quote:

granddad died at age of 33 from widow maker
He was a logger?
Cromagnum
AG
Cromagnum said:

1/4/21

5'8, 200lbs, 40 years old. Aiming for 180

1 week check in.

199 now. Had to control input since I couldn't train at my gym for the last 1.5 months. Covid for me, then covid for the wife, then kidney stones for me this last week. Gotta start hitting it hard as soon as I get past this *****
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Quote:

granddad died at age of 33 from widow maker
He was a logger?
Cotton farmer. He died from a widow maker heart attack.
TexAgs1992
Currently 29 years old. Five foot eight inches.

January 1: 195 lbs
January 11: 193 lbs
Goal by August 1: 175 lbs
Goal by End of the Year: 165 lbs

Began lifting again for the first time since December 20. Plan to do upper body 2X/week, lower body 2X/week and run 3x/week.

Additionally, I love to golf and plan to walk 18 holes at least 50 times this year.
RustyBoltz
AG
You wouldn't think so but she was being charged heavily for protein sources - eggs, tofu, morning star meat substitutes, beans, etc. When they redid the points, it zero'd out some of the staples but then they cut overall points in half.
jetch17
AG
Interesting, thanks!
kbw01
AG
The point system does not seem to be a problem. I think I have plenty and all the zero point foods. It is just tedious at first if you are not doing weight watcher recipes. My wife's points were cut a ton with the new system.
Kyle
Bunk Moreland
sorry I'm late

Jan 1: 279
Jan 12: 270.4

Goal: 220

Diet: Keto

Exercise: Weights 3-4 days a week and cardio 4-5 days a week + trying to make daily changes re: walking, standing as much as possible.

Let's do this thing!
bagger05
AG
Glad to see everyone on here.

Looking forward to seeing everybody crushing their goals.
bthotugigem05
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Fell off the wagon from my (admittedly pretty crazy) weight loss in 2020, where I dropped 75 pounds in 8 months. Was too ashamed to weigh myself since basically October 2020.

The weight is back, all of it, and it brought some friends. Rejoining this thread trying to look forward and not backward.

1/3/22: 309.5
1/7/22: 297.4
1/14/22: 292.2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.