Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***2022 Weight Loss Thread***

28,929 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm still not sure...
bthotugigem05
AG
Average Joe said:

bthotugigem05 said:

bthotugigem05 said:

Fell off the wagon from my (admittedly pretty crazy) weight loss in 2020, where I dropped 75 pounds in 8 months. Was too ashamed to weigh myself since basically October 2020.

The weight is back, all of it, and it brought some friends. Rejoining this thread trying to look forward and not backward.

1/3/22: 309.5
2/4/22: 282.2
2/11/22: 276.3

Weighing in on Thursday this week before I'm off to Italy and Slovenia for a quick weekend holiday. Pulled a muscle in my back and have not been moving around very much this week, hoping it calms down soon.

2/11/22: 273.6

You have eaten this year, right?!?
For a more serious reply, I'm basically following Whole30 unless a situation presents itself where I can't/don't want to. I'm probably getting fewer calories than I should but my energy levels feel fine, so I dunno.

I'm single and live by myself. If it's just me eating at the house, I'm strict Whole30. If I'm meeting friends for a drink at a bar, I'll have a beer and bar food without feeling bad about anything. Or like this weekend I'm off to a trip abroad, you can bet your ass I'm going to have some good pasta and pizza in Italy and I'm not going to feel bad about it.

I don't eat any of the "approved" Whole30 substitutes because if I want to, for example, get some ice cream, I want some freaking Blue Bell. If I want chocolate chip cookies, I don't want flourless wheatless zucchini cookies or whatever, I want to go wait in line at Levain Bakery in NYC to get the best cookies in the world. I just need to practice getting back on track better than I did after the wheels fell off in October 2020.
Madmarttigan
AG
My year has been the reverse so far up 4 pounds but have been exercising more and lifting weights consistently for 2 months. Just gotta buckle down on diet.

Also I've never been any good at weight lifting so trying StrongLifts to see how far I can progress.
Formerly tv1113
bagger05
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Average Joe said:

bthotugigem05 said:

bthotugigem05 said:

Fell off the wagon from my (admittedly pretty crazy) weight loss in 2020, where I dropped 75 pounds in 8 months. Was too ashamed to weigh myself since basically October 2020.

The weight is back, all of it, and it brought some friends. Rejoining this thread trying to look forward and not backward.

Weighing in on Thursday this week before I'm off to Italy and Slovenia for a quick weekend holiday. Pulled a muscle in my back and have not been moving around very much this week, hoping it calms down soon.

2/11/22: 273.6

You have eaten this year, right?!?
For a more serious reply, I'm basically following Whole30 unless a situation presents itself where I can't/don't want to. I'm probably getting fewer calories than I should but my energy levels feel fine, so I dunno.

I'm single and live by myself. If it's just me eating at the house, I'm strict Whole30. If I'm meeting friends for a drink at a bar, I'll have a beer and bar food without feeling bad about anything. Or like this weekend I'm off to a trip abroad, you can bet your ass I'm going to have some good pasta and pizza in Italy and I'm not going to feel bad about it.

I don't eat any of the "approved" Whole30 substitutes because if I want to, for example, get some ice cream, I want some freaking Blue Bell. If I want chocolate chip cookies, I don't want flourless wheatless zucchini cookies or whatever, I want to go wait in line at Levain Bakery in NYC to get the best cookies in the world. I just need to practice getting back on track better than I did after the wheels fell off in October 2020.
I am 100% with you on fake dessert. I'd rather just eat some cottage cheese and wait to eat real dessert on my cheat day than fake it.

Anyway, sounds like you got it down, but I encourage you to find some go-to habits you can employ when the social stuff goes on. In my past I used to be a "good most of the time" healthy eater but found I had special reasons to not eat healthy about five nights a week. Especially when I was single and much more social. The slide from not worrying about my diet four or five meals a week to eleven or twelve meals a week was REALLY easy.

For vacation -- absolutely let things go and enjoy yourself. Especially because in Europe their food is actually made from real food and isn't as bad as the pizza and pasta you get here.

Have fun on your trip!
bthotugigem05
AG
Well I'm single but also suffer from pretty bad social anxiety, so social settings aren't that big of a problem for me because there just aren't that many of them (I wish there were). All a work in progress.
7yrplan
AG
5'9
Goal: 155

1/1. 173
1/10. 170
1/18. 169.3
1/24. 167.9
2/4. 166.6
2/14. 166.5
2/20. 164.4
Bunk Moreland
1/1: 279
1/12: 270.4
1/17: 266.6
1/24: 264.6
1/31: 260.8
2/7: 257.4
2/14: N/A
2/21: 256.2

Super bowl super cheat weekend was fun but glad to be back on the horse.
TX_COWDOC
AG
6' 1"
Goal is BMI<30
12/21/21: 241 Lbs
01/9/22: 239 Lbs
Flurona lost 10 Lbs in as many days.
01/26/22: 229 Lbs

Took 3 weeks to feel good and eating again.

02/21/22: 233 Lbs BMI 30.74

Goal is 220 by summer time.
OilandGasAg2014
AG
OilandGasAg2014 said:

1/1: 238.9
2/13: 229.7

Was losing a steady amount of weight the first couple of weeks but have hit a wall the last couple of weeks. I workout 5-6 days a week but am thinking about incorporating an outdoor run a couple of days out of the week and IMF.

Want to get to ~210 by end of April for my wedding!

2/21: 225.0

Food poisoning over the weekend helped me get over my plateau of not losing weight!
CHayden21
Height: 5'10
Weight Jan. 1st, 2022: 265 lbs
Weight Feb. 22nd, 2022: 253.4 lbs
Goal Weight for Dec 31st, 2022: 200 lbs

This isn't my first time going through a big diet like this. Two years ago I was 315 lbs, and got all the way down to 195 lbs. I ended up injuring my back and was forced out of the gym for a long time. Now I'm back and ready to put in the work!
Vernada
AG
So this January instead of starting a 'diet' I started just trying to eat regular balanced meals with consistent exercise... as opposed to a <name> diet plus some intense but un-maintainable exercise plan.

6-7 weeks the results are - mixed? I feel good and think I look more fit, but the scale has actually crept up about 5-7 pounds. I'm hopeful that with consistency I'll see my metabolism kick in a little more and see some weight loss kick in.

I saw something similar when I did the 3 months of M2 Performance's Nutrition plan - weight crept up the first 4-6 weeks of the 12 week program and then started a steady decline.

Fingers crossed that's what happens here!
Reload8098
AG
Just saw this thread but I'm in.

65 yrs old
1/3/22 - 199.3
2/22/22 - 196.6

Target weight: 165 by the end of June.

Can't walk/run due to back issues. Hell I can't stand longer than a minute without my feet going numb. Surgery is scheduled for May. I do 100 pushups in the morning and 100 at night in sets of 25. I need to start, stretching, sit-ups, crunches as well to help with my core before surgery.
Bunk Moreland
sorry to hear that and hope the surgery goes well. Stretching does wonders so do as much of that as you can manage.
Reload8098
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

sorry to hear that and hope the surgery goes well. Stretching does wonders so do as much of that as you can manage.
Thanks for the encouragement, I need it!
jetch17
AG
Im stupid and cant believe this isnt higher after about 3 straight weeks of treating my body like an amusement park between my 40th bday, followed by wifes 40th bday, followed by O&G convention, followed by Midland business trip. Its been fun, but i definately feel like crap and have unwound the January well-oiled machine ... just gotta get back on!

Back off the booze, back on the bike (which has also been in the shop).

1/3/2022: 216
1/10/2022: 210
1/17/2022: 212
1/20/2022: 209
1/26/2022: 209
2/22/2022: 213
bagger05
AG
209.8 this morning. New low since I've been tracking. Down from 220.3 on Jan 10.

Once my 7 day average gets below 210 I'm buying myself a pair of sneakers to celebrate.
bagger05
AG
Side note this has been all while adding some muscle as well. Started working with 135 on seated military press (feels badass throwing up the big plates) yesterday so between that and getting below 210 this morning my ego has gotten a little boost the last couple days.

Feel like I'm on track for my "Fit at 40" goals.
bagger05
AG
Yet ANOTHER side note: wife ordered a pizza for dinner last night. I didn't touch it. Wasn't even hard to resist.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
bagger05 said:

Yet ANOTHER side note: wife ordered a pizza for dinner last night. I didn't touch it. Wasn't even hard to resist.

That makes one of us. I ate the pizza my wife ordered. Way to stay strong.!
Daddy-O5
AG
bagger05 said:

My wife makes pizza for the kids all the time. 50/50 proposition if I resist. At best.
bagger05
AG
I'm telling y'all, the cheat day is magical. It's a lot easier to resist knowing I can eat an entire pizza by myself on Saturday if I want to. I didn't have to say no - I just had to say "only a couple more days."
Reload8098
AG
bagger05 said:

I'm telling y'all, the cheat day is magical. It's a lot easier to resist knowing I can eat an entire pizza by myself on Saturday if I want to. I didn't have to say no - I just had to say "only a couple more days."
You may have already posted this but are you exercising? I can't do a lot until my back is fixed but I am stretching, pushups, stomach etc. Going to start back-up with dumbbells tomorrow morning. Rotator cuff surgery is next after the back. Woohoo
bagger05
AG
Yeah I exercise quite a bit. I'm following Bigger, Leaner, Stronger which I think is a great program. Mostly heavy lifting. Focus of the workouts are heavy sets where you're in the 4-6 rep range with 3 minutes of rest between each of your three sets per exercise. Usually 2-3 of those type of exercises then a couple of accessory exercises where you're in the 8-10 rep range.

My workout calendar:

Monday - chest
Tuesday - back
Wednesday - shoulders then cardio at Orange Theory
Thursday - legs
Friday - upper body then cardio at Orange Theory
Reload8098
AG
bagger05 said:

Yeah I exercise quite a bit. I'm following Bigger, Leaner, Stronger which I think is a great program. Mostly heavy lifting. Focus of the workouts are heavy sets where you're in the 4-6 rep range with 3 minutes of rest between each of your three sets per exercise. Usually 2-3 of those type of exercises then a couple of accessory exercises where you're in the 8-10 rep range.

My workout calendar:

Monday - chest
Tuesday - back
Wednesday - shoulders then cardio at Orange Theory
Thursday - legs
Friday - upper body then cardio at Orange Theory
That's a good program. I like the heavy lifting program. Before injuries I had a similar program combined with 3 days a week of jump rope for 15 minutes and finish with a mile run. No red meat for 2 years. Ripped. Those days are long gone! LOL
bthotugigem05
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

2/17/22: 273.6

Italy was great, enjoyed some really good food while out there and put on a few pounds. The most important part though…I got back on track when I got home! That's the habit I needed to develop the first time.

2/25/22: 273.1
MarathonAg12
Feb 1st: 225
Feb 25: 220
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Starting weight: 194.2
2/25: 189.8

First time under 190 in a long time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bagger05
AG
Always feels good to cross a threshold like that. Keep it up.
Bunk Moreland
1/1: 279
1/12: 270.4
1/17: 266.6
1/24: 264.6
1/31: 260.8
2/7: 257.4
2/14: N/A
2/21: 256.2
2/28: 253.4

Not going to be 250 by March 1 but not far away either. We keep going in the right direction.
MarathonAg12
Just set up my new power rack.

The only ******* I have to worry about in the gym is me now.

Looking forward to shedding some pounds and building lean muscle this spring/summer!
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Height: 6'3"
Current weight 235

The goal for June (birthday) is 220

The goal for the end of 2022: 210
February 1st weight = 232

Walked 104 miles in January

1080 situps and 680 pushups in January

New Goal: 210 by November 18 (35th class reunion)
March 1st weight = 229

February highlights:

Walked 109 miles

1,486 situps

992 pushups
Average Joe
AG
February was a wash, unfortunately. COVID rolled into a cough that I haven't shaken completely. Getting back into running has resulted in getting a quarter mile down the road and coughing up both lungs.

Diet was maintained for the most part. Last week I started tracking calories much better and have a ceiling of 1500 daily (between 11 and 7 with IF).

Despite the lack of exorcise and not being consistent with my diet I still lost 2 pounds over February.

3/1 - 206

Goals
100 pushups per day
100 situps per day
Increase daily water intake
Under 200 by 3/15

OilandGasAg2014
AG
2/21: 225.0
2/28: 223.1

Started incorporating a run after my lifting sessions and starting to really notice a difference.
7yrplan
AG
5'9
Goal: 155

1/1. 173
1/10. 170
1/18. 169.3
1/24. 167.9
2/4. 166.6
2/14. 166.5
2/20. 164.4
3/2. 163.8
bagger05
AG
Great progress

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.