Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***2022 Weight Loss Thread***

28,683 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
1997aggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Height and Current Weight: 5'9" 196.5
Goal Weight: 165
txaggie_08
AG
Height and weight: 6'1", 203 lbs

Aiming for 180
YokelRidesAgain
AG
All right, I'm in for the second year in a row.

I'm down 23 pounds from my starting weight last year.

Current weight/height: 6', 194.2 lbs

Goal: 170 (I would like to go lower, but will see how restrictive my diet has to be to maintain that weight before deciding)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Alta
AG
6'1"
Jan 1, 2022 Weight = 286
Goal Weight = 175
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I'm in. I started 12-2-21. 6' 245 then. Today I am at 230. Quit drinking alcohol, eating right now and exercising. Shooting for 210 this year.
bagger05
AG
In. I'll post initial stats soon.

Turning 40 in about 11 months so have some goals.
1997aggies
AG
01/01/22: 196.5
Today: 190.9

Not too shabby…
hbc07
AG
5'10"
1/1/22: 170.6

GW 155 by April 22.
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
Eliminatus
AG
In

~215 currently, aiming for 190 and then 175 to maintain.

Feeling inspired. Never really been big but always built like a sparkplug. Then I hit 35 last year and metabolism tanked. Getting chunky now and sorta panicking. Gained almost ten lbs from start of fall semester finals to today. Awful.

Plan is combined IMF and swapping back to more cardio centric workouts. That and consistency.

Posting to keep myself accountable this time.

Good luck everyone.
txaggie_08
AG
Eliminatus said:

In

Feeling inspired. Never really been big but always built like a sparkplug. Then I hit 35 last year and metabolism tanked. Getting chunky now and sorta panicking. Gained almost ten lbs from start of fall semester finals to today. Awful.

Plan is combined IMF and swapping back to more cardio centric workouts. That and consistency.

Good luck everyone.

I'm pretty similar it seems. I ranged between 170-180 ever since sophomore year of college. I hit 35 last January and am now pushing 200. It's not all my metabolism's fault, as I've also been out of the gym for a majority of the last year, but I can definitely tell I can't eat like I used to be able to.
wessimo
AG
199.8 on Jan 1.

Aiming for 175 by June 1.

I've had a similar goal the last couple of years but failed to reach it.. finding it harder to lose the weight in my 40s. The wheels really fell off after Thanksgiving this year and I put on 15 lbs. I'm feeling super gross and ready to get back to a healthier lifestyle. I'm cutting out alcohol for at least January and until I lose 20lbs. LFG.
bagger05
AG
Eliminatus said:

In

Good luck everyone.

Let's be buddies. Our starting weight, age, and goals are very similar.
bagger05
AG
wessimo said:

199.8 on Jan 1.

Aiming for 175 by June 1.

I've had a similar goal the last couple of years but failed to reach it.. finding it harder to lose the weight in my 40s. The wheels really fell off after Thanksgiving this year and I put on 15 lbs. I'm feeling super gross and ready to get back to a healthier lifestyle. I'm cutting out alcohol for at least January and until I lose 20lbs. LFG.

Same my friend.

S### got out of control last month or so of the year and put on some holiday weight.

But if you put it on fast it usually comes off fast.

Hopefully we will see some good quick wins to build some momentum.
Madmarttigan
AG
6' and 221

Goal of <200
Eliminatus
AG
bagger05 said:

Eliminatus said:

In

Good luck everyone.

Let's be buddies. Our starting weight, age, and goals are very similar.

Totally down. I've been waffling around past couple of years about taking care of this but it's hitting different this year. There is a new seriousness and gravity to this now for me. Got some big life changes coming this year and again, my metabolism noticeably dropped in the last year. Like cliff diving bad.

Accountability is always a nice thing to have for me.
bagger05
AG
Let's get it
bthotugigem05
AG
Fell off the wagon from my (admittedly pretty crazy) weight loss in 2020, where I dropped 75 pounds in 8 months. Was too ashamed to weigh myself since basically October 2020.

The weight is back, all of it, and it brought some friends. Rejoining this thread trying to look forward and not backward.

1/3/22: 309.5
Tramp96
Height: 5'11"-6'0"
Current weight (1/3/22): 238.5

Goal for June: 200
Goal for end of 2022: 185
ABATTBQ87
AG
Height: 6'3"
Current weight 235

The goal for June (birthday) is 220

The goal for the end of 2022: 210
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Weight:200
Target: 175

I was 180ish in the summer, so think i can get back there. Getting below 180 is going to be a struggle. But need to get lighter for ultras and Ironman.
lb3
AG
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 171
Target: 163
RustyBoltz
AG
Got a jump start in July after gaining considerable weight in 2020. Started back at 195, now down around 168. For 2022 I'd like to burn off more fat while building more upper body strength

Height: 5' 10"
Short term goal: 155
Long term: 160 with lower BF%

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Current weight

Goal Weight:225
MarathonAg12
2021 was a total bust for me and gained weight. Went through some ***** But I'm back in attack mode.

Starting weight: 223lbs
Goal weight: 185lbs
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I'm in. I'm aiming to get to 235 by the end of the year and back to my preCovid weight of 250 by summer.

1/2/21
6'4"
310#

I recently bought a rower and finished setting up my home gym. No excuses now.
96ags
AG
1/3/21
5'11"
270lbs

Goal: 220

Cromagnum
AG
1/4/21

5'8, 200lbs, 40 years old. Aiming for 180
MouthBQ98
AG
5'9"
Start: 166
Target 160 w/ visible abs.

Get rid of the winter fluff.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Can't out train a bad diet...just a piece of advice...
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I am cutting out as much sugar as I can and eating healthy proteins, fruit and veggies.
Lifting weights, walking, cycling and using battle ropes too.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Another piece of advice....

Focus on the steps on getting healthy than actual numbers...

DONT GET HUNG UP ON NUMBERS
bagger05
AG
You always been that lean or did you ever let it get out of hand and worked back to the 160s?

Looking for some inspiration.
MouthBQ98
AG
Was 217 at age 35.

Finally got goaded into a consistent fitness program.

Then I got goaded into a better diet to get better results.

I got to the low 160's about 4 years back and have stayed there now that I know how to do it and what it takes. It's all about being honest with yourself and deciding that a little bit of hunger is OK. It really is ok.

And food that is good for you will taste great to you once it is mostly all you eat.

It helps that I like to build things, and it wasn't that hard of a mental transition to think of my own body as a build project. How healthy can I be to feel like I want to and do what I want to?
MarathonAg12
MouthBQ98 said:

Was 217 at age 35.

Finally got goaded into a consistent fitness program.

Then I got goaded into a better diet to get better results.

I got to the low 160's about 4 years back and have stayed there now that I know how to do it and what it takes. It's all about being honest with yourself and deciding that a little bit of hunger is OK. It really is ok.

And food that is good for you will taste great to you once it is mostly all you eat.

It helps that I like to build things, and it wasn't that hard of a mental transition to think of my own body as a build project. How healthy can I be to feel like I want to and do what I want to?

Wow. Great commitment.

I can imagaine what it's like to move around the 160s range compared to the 217 weight
MarathonAg12
Y'all are motivating me!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.