*****2026 Hurricane Season*****

50,986 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Bondag
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CDUB98 said:

South Platte said:

Mucho austin said:

Im in Kingwood. Ill let you know.

We were the last batch of houses to get power after Beryl (17+ days). I dont mind the rain, the loss of power and the tree on the car was what made it bad for us.

17? That's crazy. I thought I was in the last batch and waited 6.5 days. You off Hamblen?


We were 9 or 10 days in Oak Forest. It's what prompted us to get a generator.

Where is Oak Forest
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South Platte said:

CDUB98 said:

South Platte said:

Mucho austin said:

Im in Kingwood. Ill let you know.

We were the last batch of houses to get power after Beryl (17+ days). I dont mind the rain, the loss of power and the tree on the car was what made it bad for us.

17? That's crazy. I thought I was in the last batch and waited 6.5 days. You off Hamblen?


We were 9 or 10 days in Oak Forest. It's what prompted us to get a generator.

Where is Oak Forest


You new to Houston?

It's NW of the Heights, just outside the 610 loop.
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CDUB98 said:

South Platte said:

CDUB98 said:

South Platte said:

Mucho austin said:

Im in Kingwood. Ill let you know.

We were the last batch of houses to get power after Beryl (17+ days). I dont mind the rain, the loss of power and the tree on the car was what made it bad for us.

17? That's crazy. I thought I was in the last batch and waited 6.5 days. You off Hamblen?


We were 9 or 10 days in Oak Forest. It's what prompted us to get a generator.

Where is Oak Forest


You new to Houston?

It's NW of the Heights, just outside the 610 loop.

14 years? There are a zillion neighborhoods, and we were discussing Kingwood, so I wasn't sure where that subdivision is.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mucho austin said:

Im in Kingwood. Ill let you know.

We were the last batch of houses to get power after Beryl (17+ days). I dont mind the rain, the loss of power and the tree on the car was what made it bad for us.

t&p
HaroldShipmanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so a nothing burger rain event...yawn
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not convinced we're going to get any rain in 77096.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weren't we told days ago by the experts that rain would be confined to east of I-45?

None of this is a surprise
Serotonin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jh0400 said:

I'm not convinced we're going to get any rain in 77096.

Never thought I'd see someone from Meyerland complain about a tropical system not bringing enough rain.

But yeah...this is an east of I-45 event.
Dill-Ag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South Platte said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

Time to partially drain the pool and let that rainwater dilute my CYA levels

New pool owner here. Do you continue to run your pool pump during storms?

I'm 5 weeks into ownership, not gonna mess with my pump schedule though it currently runs all night (11p-6a - free electricity) and 1-4 in the afternoons
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dill-Ag13 said:

South Platte said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

Time to partially drain the pool and let that rainwater dilute my CYA levels

New pool owner here. Do you continue to run your pool pump during storms?

I'm 5 weeks into ownership, not gonna mess with my pump schedule though it currently runs all night (11p-6a - free electricity) and 1-4 in the afternoons

This time of year you need to be running it more than that.
Benny the Jet Rodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More than 11 hours? Unless it is a 60k gallon pool, no he doesn't.
ktownag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The pool pump question depends on a number of factors. Our pool uses a salt water chlorine generator so I run mine on a low RPM 13 hours a day to ensure proper sanitization for my set up. If you are just filtering, could be a lot less but also function of pump speed and filter.

For storms, I don't do anything different other than ensure I have plenty of liquid chlorine on hand in case I need to dump it in. I always keep a couple of bags of salt too for the dilution the rain causes, but again specific to me.
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems like it depends on a few factors including how much sun the pool gets, tree coverage, tree debris falling into the pool, probably others.
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
12-16 hours during extreme heat and sunshine. Regardless of pool size, unless your pump is way oversized.

Back to the nothing burger storm.
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Serotonin said:

jh0400 said:

I'm not convinced we're going to get any rain in 77096.

Never thought I'd see someone from Meyerland complain about a tropical system not bringing enough rain.

But yeah...this is an east of I-45 event.


Tell that to the meteorologists in Austin who somehow think we are looking at potentially flooding rains.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

'We' re prepared' | Houston mayor gives update on Edouard, says Lake Houston will be lowered

kingwood is saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morbo the Annihilator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ktownag08 said:

The pool pump question depends on a number of factors. Our pool uses a salt water chlorine generator so I run mine on a low RPM 13 hours a day to ensure proper sanitization for my set up. If you are just filtering, could be a lot less but also function of pump speed and filter.

For storms, I don't do anything different other than ensure I have plenty of liquid chlorine on hand in case I need to dump it in. I always keep a couple of bags of salt too for the dilution the rain causes, but again specific to me.

You're doing it wrong.

TX04Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it me or is it tracking a little further west than Sabine Pass??
HaroldShipmanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TX04Aggie said:

Is it me or is it tracking a little further west than Sabine Pass??

its you
TX04Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok good, i realized i wasnt watching the radar loop to see the actual movement. Just wishcasting for more rain.
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?



Holy overreaction Batman
7nine
Ezra Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just starting to get some rain in Kingwood.
Ex Ex Officio Director
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We got about two minutes of drizzle in the Land of Pears.
Psycho Bunny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm at work, can I binge watch movies in the patrol car?
New slogan for Aggie football.

"abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
chap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do think they is going to happen tonight / in the morning?

kubiak03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really? Conroe closed? Come on
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A lot of schools are closed today and it has barely rained at all. "Abundance of Caution" I guess
Serotonin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doesn't look like anything happening later tonight that would cause schools to shut down.
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Psycho Bunny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kubiak03 said:

Really? Conroe closed? Come on

That's just some donor son who had a test paper that was due and got the powers to be in Conroe to shut the schools down
New slogan for Aggie football.

"abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
Swan Song
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In League City…no wind and a couple of drops of rain. cCiSD had early dismissal which was crazy. My kids are Friendswood and no cancellations. Band may even have practice on the field after school.
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Baseball practice will feel great tonight with the cloud cover.
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ezra Brooks said:

Just starting to get some rain in Kingwood.

Yeah, this barely qualifies as rain. Schools closed for no reason.
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some of the tree branches in my front yard are moving.
7nine
Psycho Bunny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texaggie7nine said:

Some of the tree branches in my front yard are moving.

New slogan for Aggie football.

"abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.