Houston
Sponsored by

****CITY UNDER SIEGE - 2024****

173,373 Views | 1352 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Whoop Delecto
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
randy828 said:

Someone in the comments said they don't have keys, but wgaf? Think you are going to get far in a stolen fire truck? Must not give a damn about your fellow citizens if that truck is needed for an emergency.

I promise that guy doesn't care about his fellow citizens.
Sea Speed
AG
Absolutely zero impulse control.
El Gallo Blanco
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-npgdaJAAY/?igsh=bmV5cGIwOXU4N21z
People with fathers, or a heavy father presence in their communities, simply do not do this.
Psycho Bunny
Stealing a fire truck is only a 1 star offence. Now steal a cop car, that's a 3 star offence.
I want to see chaos in America. My vote will be for Harris.
txags92
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

Stealing a fire truck is only a 1 star offence. Now steal a cop car, that's a 3 star offence.
Stealing a cop car and killing somebody innocent while running from the cops will get you a glowing article in the Chronicle about what a good kid you were growing up.
Ciboag96
Aaaaaaand our little bonding Olympian is back at it. Hahaha

Stat Monitor Repairman
CheeseSndwch
Quote:

According to police, a man in his 20s approached her and reportedly began physically assaulting the woman, dragging her off the trail.

Everyone be sure to be on the lookout for a man in his 20s.
htxag09
AG
Man...how does that happen there? I've ran Memorial Park hundreds of times, and all hours of the day and night. Don't think I've ever not seen at least a half dozen people from a given spot at any point....
I Am A Critic
htxag09 said:

Man...how does that happen there? I've ran Memorial Park hundreds of times, and all hours of the day and night. Don't think I've ever not seen at least a half dozen people from a given spot at any point....
What is your direct, first-hand experience at 5am on a Saturday morning?
Username checks out.
htxag09
AG
I've ran there dozens of times at 5 am on a Saturday morning….in the summer it's not exactly an uncommon time to be running.

Early Saturday morning, late on a Wednesday night (like midnight), there are always people there. The midnight weekday runs were usually the least crowded.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
This happens every couple years. We would make jokes about the Memorial Park Grabber 20 years ago while playing golf there. Not condoning it, just saying this is not a new thing.
CDUB98
AG
Reading the story, it sounds like a random tweaker probably living in the woods near the arboretum.
W
AG
triple homicide in Cypress with an arson coverup

3 victims found dead inside burning home in Cypress identified, arson and murder investigations underway (click2houston.com)
Coog97
Remember when Cypress used to be a nice part of town?
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Ciboag96
Coog97 said:

Hurricane Katrina, the gift that keeps on giving
agproducer
AG
Coog97 said:

Remember when Houston used to be a decent place to live?
Ciboag96
See, kids, always go for Gold. You can do it, if you just believe in yourself.

SW AG80
AG
Surely one of those counties (looking at you Brazos) will hammer her with a stern punishment. And revoke her bond for continuing to commit crimes.
drumboy
AG
agproducer said:

Coog97 said:

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/cities/us/tx/houston/crime-rate-statistics

I know crime spiked in 2020 but the new regime has gotten it under control. Or maybe I'm sheltered living ITL and not in crime-ridden Cypress.
Ciboag96
Gotten reporting suppressed….errrr…..under control
P.H. Dexippus
AG
They fixed the problem by dropping investigations or no longer reporting the crimes or manipulating the data.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2024/03/14/houston-mayors-statement-on-near-decade-of-crime-data-manipulation-echoes-kprc2-investigates-report/

https://abc13.com/post/houston-police-department-long-awaited-report-suspended-cases-scandal/15126744/
CDUB98
AG
Al Bula
AG
What the ****? How can someone not value living breathing life and kill their 6 month old child? This is not a human.

https://abc13.com/post/former-lone-star-college-employee-accused-murdering-6-month-old-baby-shaking-hitting-blunt-object-2023/15205515/
Ducks4brkfast
AG
May just be me but it sure does seem as though Cypress carries a disproportionate number of homicides than all the other Houston suburbs.
agproducer
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

May just be me but it sure does seem as though Cypress carries a disproportionate number of homicides than all the other Houston suburbs.
I read somewhere that the Cypress area has the population equal to the city of Pittsburgh, PA -- but we don't have the infrastructure or police support.

txags92
AG
drumboy said:

agproducer said:

Coog97 said:

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/cities/us/tx/houston/crime-rate-statistics

I know crime spiked in 2020 but the new regime has gotten it under control. Or maybe I'm sheltered living ITL and not in crime-ridden Cypress.

So what conclusions about recent crime trends are we supposed to get from a graph that ends in 2018?
Al Bula
AG
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/31-year-old-ex-con-free-from-jail-bond-when-he-allegedly-stabbed-his-neighbor-death

Multiple time felon and regular resident of the state's fine prison facilities out on bond for burglary and felony weapons possession. Kills neighbor.
Quote:

Last month, police say Briscoe went to Trevino's house in the 6000 block of Sugar Field Lane in Katy and stabbed him to death. The two lived on the same street.

"He's in a wheelchair at the victims house, and something happened. We don't know what happened, but obviously tragedy occurred because Jacob Trevino ends up getting stabbed to death," said Kahan.

"A witness had seen him fleeing the scene, because their description was a man in a wheelchair getting into a black sedan and driving off."

Judge Ramona Franklin and Magistrate Courtney St. Julian are responsible for an ex con murdering a neighbor by stabbing him to death.
CDUB98
AG
Just a little cultural enrichment.
sushi94
AG
Heard on the radio this morning that we have had 210 murders this year committed by criminals out on bond.
Jett01
AG
We tried to go to Coaches (apparently now known as Midtown Pub) and the door had been replaced by a piece of plywood

There were what appeared to be regulars standing at the door. One guy came up to us and said he thinks they got broken into last night - he said it happens monthly.
htxag09
AG
Jett01 said:

We tried to go to Coaches (apparently now known as Midtown Pub) and the door had been replaced by a piece of plywood

There were what appeared to be regulars standing at the door. One guy came up to us and said he thinks they got broken into last night - he said it happens monthly.
We were recently at Cottonwood and overheard someone complaining to the bartender about not taking cash. Bartender said it's obviously not her call, she would prefer to take cash, too. But they got broken into and their safe stolen or broken into so much they just thought it was easier to go cashless.
MAROON
AG
Al Bula said:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/31-year-old-ex-con-free-from-jail-bond-when-he-allegedly-stabbed-his-neighbor-death

Multiple time felon and regular resident of the state's fine prison facilities out on bond for burglary and felony weapons possession. Kills neighbor.
Quote:

Last month, police say Briscoe went to Trevino's house in the 6000 block of Sugar Field Lane in Katy and stabbed him to death. The two lived on the same street.

"He's in a wheelchair at the victims house, and something happened. We don't know what happened, but obviously tragedy occurred because Jacob Trevino ends up getting stabbed to death," said Kahan.

"A witness had seen him fleeing the scene, because their description was a man in a wheelchair getting into a black sedan and driving off."

Judge Ramona Franklin and Magistrate Courtney St. Julian are responsible for an ex con murdering a neighbor by stabbing him to death.
So is the DA for not requesting a bond. These people need to be tar and feathered - it's the only way they get the message.
HtownAg92
AG
Jett01 said:

My former neighbor owns the Maple Leaf Pub. He said the same thing -- keeps a glass guy on speed dial.
Diggity
AG
Midtown has become quite the cesspool. Sad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.