Houston
Sponsored by

****CITY UNDER SIEGE - 2024****

173,366 Views | 1352 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Whoop Delecto
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Give them a medal.
Sea Speed
AG
DA gonna hang his ass because Robert was no longer a threat, according to them.
txags92
AG
Sea Speed said:

DA gonna hang his ass because Robert was no longer a threat, according to them.
If I am on that jury, there is no way they get convicted of anything. This is the way.
Smeghead4761
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Harris County Justice of the Peace Issues Blanket Recall of All Warrants

Judge Duble notified constables that he had recalled all warrants including those related to bad checks and traffic violations.

Now, according to the Code of Criminal Procedure, at least some of that recall might not be in accordance with the law:

Quote:

Duble's blanket recall may conflict with the Texas Criminal Code of Procedures, which states that "If an accused fails to appear as required by [an] order, the judge of the court in which the accused is required to appear shall issue a warrant for the arrest of the accused." (Emphsasis added)

The wording "shall issue" means it is required. The judge is not allowed to just say "I don't want to."
CDUB98
AG
Damn you, progressives.
sts7049
AG
Cypress-area rolling shootout captured on dashcam at Tuckerton and Huffmeister near Cy-Falls HS - ABC13 Houston
Al Bula
AG
sts7049 said:

Cypress-area rolling shootout captured on dashcam at Tuckerton and Huffmeister near Cy-Falls HS - ABC13 Houston
the fatigue is palpable

TarponChaser
Feral humans.

And they're protected and apologized for by progtard voters & politicians.
Quo Vadis?
These people will likely be killed by people who look like them, and we'll hear about how much they liked to play the flute and were working towards a career as an aircraft maintenance tech
Sea Speed
AG
Is this our cypress?

maroon barchetta
You know it is!
Quo Vadis?
Sea Speed said:

Is this our cypress?

This is one of the reasons that my opinion on reparation has softened in recent years, to where I'm now in favor of them. I'm just not sure how they're going to be able to pay us.
sts7049
AG
not a parent to be seen anywhere
Sea Speed
AG
sts7049 said:

Because the adult is filming
VP at Pierce and Pierce
sts7049 said:

They are all work, duh
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

Is this our cypress?

It may be bad form to quote yourself, but I repeat myself because it bears repeating.

Feral humans.

GoAgs11
you think they celebrate father day on that street asking for a friend?
Jeff Patel
AG
Sadly, several of those kids are already parents.
CDUB98
AG
Stereotypes exist for a reason.
randy828
AG
TarponChaser said:

Sea Speed said:

Is this our cypress?

It may be bad form to quote yourself, but I repeat myself because it bears repeating.

Feral humans.

Surely the mainstream media will pick up on this and air it on the local news right?
Ciboag96
Communists doing communist things.

Cibalo
I suspect that most of the people who's warrant got dismissed will have a new one soon.

Rinse and repeat
Psycho Bunny
Back in the 50's and 60s when my grandfather was a deputy sheriff, those kids would have had their skulls thumped. Now days, lets sit around and talk about our feelings. Cypress, the new 5th ward.
I want to see chaos in America. My vote will be for Harris.
William Foster
Guessing that neighborhood is south of Logenbaugh. It changes immediately when you cross that road.
Diggity
AG
William Foster said:

Guessing that neighborhood is south of Logenbaugh. It changes immediately when you cross that road.
I blame Metro and 1960
GoAgs11
TarponChaser
William Foster said:

It seems like east of Barker-Cypress and south of Tuckerton gets pretty sketchy pretty fast.

I remember fishing in that detention pond that's now Deputy Darren Goforth Park like 15 years ago when there was almost nothing around it. It wasn't a park with any amenities then, just a big hole full of water and fish. There was some dude who drowned out there back then because he fell out of his kayak while fishing and couldn't swim yet wasn't wearing a PFD. I think it was shortly after that dude drowned that it was designated to be a park.
TarponChaser
Diggity said:

William Foster said:

I blame Metro and 1960

Come now sir, we all know it's because of short driveways and a lack of shrubberies.
sts7049
AG
the judge explained his reason:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/25135602-judge-steve-duble-recall-statement-9-11-24?responsive=1&title=1

Quote:

Statement from Judge Steven Duble Regarding Class C Misdemeanor Warrant Recalls: "In 2023, the U.S. Justice Department cautioned against discriminatory enforcement of fines and fees, and detailed obligations to comply with federal statutory prohibitions against discrimination in the imposition and collection of fines and fees by conducting an ability to pay determination prior to imposing any period of incarceration. This court conducted extensive research on these issues, and after thoughtful consideration, recalled all outstanding class C misdemeanor arrest warrants issued by Justice of the Peace Court, Precinct 1, Place 2. The recall of arrest warrants does not dismiss any charges. The recall was coupled with a prioritization on collection of fines and fees. The court will continue collection efforts following the law on ability to pay determinations. Of the three types of misdemeanors: class A, B, and C, class C misdemeanors are the only misdemeanors handled by a Texas Justice of the Peace and are only punishable by a fine of up to $500. The cost to taxpayers of having officers arrest, transport, and process someone at the Harris County jail on a warrant arising from a class C misdemeanor, only to have them released hours later with the fine and court costs written off as "satisfied by jail credit" is far more than the unpaid fine itself. Shifting the focus to collection of fines and fees instead of arrest respects the Sixth Amendment right to counsel and Fourteenth Amendment right to due process of the U.S. Constitution and represents fiscal responsibility that honors the taxpayer. The recall of the old class C misdemeanor warrants should allow law enforcement to allocate more time and resources to protecting the public from violent crime. The recall was ordered to comply with the Constitution. Notwithstanding the recall, the court will promptly abide by and comply with instructions of any superior court of competent jurisdiction holding that this court's understanding of its constitutional obligations in this regard is mistaken." For further detail on subjects mentioned, please see below.
Diggity
AG
I'm no expert, but it does seem like a lot is being made out of misdemeanor warrants being recalled.
The D
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_1rs1NJgg2/?igsh=MTNxMGowZ3VyZ2s0Ng==
Mas89
AG
Diggity said:

William Foster said:

I blame Metro and 1960
Hurricane Katrina.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Judge Duble grew up in Sharpstown, where he graduated from Strake Jesuit College Preparatory in 1982. He earned his undergraduate degree from Texas Christian University in 1986 and his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center in 1989.

Quote:

Judge Duble has lived his entire life in Houston, where he raised three incredible children. He is the first openly gay JP in Harris County history. He and his husband share a home in Precinct One with their two rescue dogs, Dewey & Gussie.
http://www.jp.hctx.net/1-2/judge.htm#gsc.tab=0
YellAg2004
AG
sts7049 said:

the judge explained his reason:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/25135602-judge-steve-duble-recall-statement-9-11-24?responsive=1&title=1

Quote:

Statement from Judge Steven Duble Regarding Class C Misdemeanor Warrant Recalls: "In 2023, the U.S. Justice Department cautioned against discriminatory enforcement of fines and fees, and detailed obligations to comply with federal statutory prohibitions against discrimination in the imposition and collection of fines and fees by conducting an ability to pay determination prior to imposing any period of incarceration. This court conducted extensive research on these issues, and after thoughtful consideration, recalled all outstanding class C misdemeanor arrest warrants issued by Justice of the Peace Court, Precinct 1, Place 2. The recall of arrest warrants does not dismiss any charges. The recall was coupled with a prioritization on collection of fines and fees. The court will continue collection efforts following the law on ability to pay determinations. Of the three types of misdemeanors: class A, B, and C, class C misdemeanors are the only misdemeanors handled by a Texas Justice of the Peace and are only punishable by a fine of up to $500. The cost to taxpayers of having officers arrest, transport, and process someone at the Harris County jail on a warrant arising from a class C misdemeanor, only to have them released hours later with the fine and court costs written off as "satisfied by jail credit" is far more than the unpaid fine itself. Shifting the focus to collection of fines and fees instead of arrest respects the Sixth Amendment right to counsel and Fourteenth Amendment right to due process of the U.S. Constitution and represents fiscal responsibility that honors the taxpayer. The recall of the old class C misdemeanor warrants should allow law enforcement to allocate more time and resources to protecting the public from violent crime. The recall was ordered to comply with the Constitution. Notwithstanding the recall, the court will promptly abide by and comply with instructions of any superior court of competent jurisdiction holding that this court's understanding of its constitutional obligations in this regard is mistaken." For further detail on subjects mentioned, please see below.

Sounds like he thinks he's America's next great legal scholar when he's just a JP.

I'd like to respect his statement that the cost to arrest, transport, and process someone costs more than the $500 fine. However, given his political leanings, I'm more than a little skeptical about how fervently he'll go about trying to collect the fines and fees as he states.
Build It
AG
Gunspoint living up to the reputation. Bad guy dead, woman saved.

https://abc13.com/post/man-shot-killed-houston-police-officers-after-allegedly-assaulting-girlfriend-greenspoint-area/15298714/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.