Houston
Sponsored by

Hurricane season 2023

101,774 Views | 738 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CDUB98
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sent my kids out to do a rain dance to make it rain and we got hammered for a good 20 minutes. Their rain dance consisted of chanting like they were in a cult and pouring water on their heads with Tupperware.
LondonAg89
AG
Do you rent them out?
jenn96
AG
Sea Speed said:

Sent my kids out to do a rain dance to make it rain and we got hammered for a good 20 minutes. Their rain dance consisted of chanting like they were in a cult and pouring water on their heads with Tupperware.

Please send them to Cypress. I can pay them in popsicles.
CDUB98
AG
Sea Speed said:

Thunder and rain all over the radar in my area but only like 2 drops on my house.

Same
Jackal99
AG
Sea Speed said:

Drop them by the Westbury area tomorrow, if you would. Thunder around us this evening, Jack **** falling from the sky.
maroon barchetta
jetch17 said:

This is enjoyable

Would be more enjoyable with some music.
JSKolache
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Welp, my neighborhood lost power the minute the winds whipped up.
Pecan Grove has entered the chat
BSD
AG
1.24" of rain at the gage by my house. Rained for about 45 minutes with a 10 minute break in there. Didn't think the trees were going to make it thru all that wind but they held on. It was pretty intense. Power went out for about 3 hours. Luckily we had a generator installed last week.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Got excited when some drops hit me while walking the dog tonight. But of course, it was just an oscillating sprinkler I hadn't noticed.

Some thunder and a distant lighting bolt in the northwestern sky were all the excitement we got.
SnowboardAg
AG
A squirrel could piss on CP lines and our power goes out. Probably the 3rd time this year we've been without power for an extended period.

My best investment was a poor man's whole house generator. Saved me hundreds in perishables - definitely getting its ROI.

Edit - I suck at emoji clicking
ktownag08
AG
It just got dark with a few clouds and some wind. Too the surprise of noone, the rain cloud heading our way dissipated before it got here.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Heard thunder for first time in 6 weeks. As close as we got in Woodlands area.
evestor1
You guys missed out - I rode out the 60-70 mph winds behind a hill on the golf course...hunkered down behind a hill in the open. Lasted over 20 minutes.

Why was i out in the open? I was in the open bc the trees were getting struck by lightning and snapping in half.

Started at 108 and finished at 81. It was a good day!
CDUB98
AG
OH, LOOK AT ME, I GOT COOL AIR!!
98Ag99Grad
AG
wow where was this?
evestor1
98Ag99Grad said:

wow where was this?
It was right there in that spot with green grass. The grass is green b/c all of the debris flew over it at 60mph.
maroon barchetta
Should have hunkered down in a bunker.
TxAger
maroon barchetta said:

Should have hunkered down in a bunker.

I see what you did there!
BG Knocc Out
evestor1 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

wow where was this?
It was right there in that spot with green grass. The grass is green b/c all of the debris flew over it at 60mph.

What course and river is that? That's a full ass river...did N Texas get a bunch of rain or something? I have been so focused on my small area of Harris country I haven't been paying attention.

LOL at that flag stick.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Looks like Kingwood CC Forest Course - around hole 7?

I was at the Kingwood YMCA when it blew through and the wind was REALLY strong.
evestor1
I was between 6 green and 7 tee box just get bolted with rain flying upward and pine needles...every so often a twig would hit me.

CFTXAG10
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

Looks like Kingwood CC Forest Course - around hole 7?

I was at the Kingwood YMCA when it blew through and the wind was REALLY strong.
I am hosting a golf tournament for charity out there on October 9th so they better get it cleaned up
terradactylexpress
Jfc. You think they won't pick up some leaves in 6weeks?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
evestor1 said:

You guys missed out - I rode out the 60-70 mph winds behind a hill on the golf course...hunkered down behind a hill in the open. Lasted over 20 minutes.

Why was i out in the open? I was in the open bc the trees were getting struck by lightning and snapping in half.

Started at 108 and finished at 81. It was a good day!
CDUB98
AG
terradactylexpress said:

Calibrate your sarcasm meter.
CFTXAG10
AG
CDUB98 said:

terradactylexpress said:

Calibrate your sarcasm meter.

This.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
terradactyl has a b plug permanently inserted that keeps him pissed off at nonsense on Texags.
JB!98
AG
We got about 2in due to Harold, so we are doing good. Hope you guys in H-Town get some rain and relief soon. Rally boobs work for Astros runs, so maybe they work for rain?

terradactylexpress
It's pretty broken these days, definitely missed that one. Thought it was a humble brag
BayAg_14
Looking like the Euro will be most reliable for this season. GFS finally picking it up several days later.

wessimo
AG

Going for an ATH tomorrow.
wessimo
AG
ERCOT once again appealing for conservation today. Things got pretty hairy yesterday in the late afternoon when solar dropped off. Will be interesting to see if they can get through today and tomorrow without load shedding. Rolling blackouts will be a wake up call for a lot of folks.

Screenshot is from yesterday. Natty reigns supreme in crunch time.

I'll be cranking the AC in the early afternoon to get the house cooled down.
Stat Monitor Repairman

I'm thinking about making a decision on the basis of this map.

Should I risk it?
Stat Monitor Repairman
JB!98 said:

We got about 2in due to Harold, so we are doing good. Hope you guys in H-Town get some rain and relief soon. Rally boobs work for Astros runs, so maybe they work for rain?

This lady bagged up boy!
LostInLA07
AG
This could be fixed in about 2-3 years and for $10B all in, most of which would probably be from private sources. Just build 8 one gigawatt CCGTs and stop worrying about whether or not the sun is shining or the wind is blowing. We'd also increase grid stability by adding dispatch-able generation. Locate the new generation near the non dispatch-able renewables and there should be minimal required transmission upgrades.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.