Houston
Sponsored by

2022 Hurricane season

44,224 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by evestor1
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took another look at the radar. Guess I'm dragging the hose around again this weekend and next week.

Agasaurus Tex
AG
Here in Texas City it sprinkled most of the day yesterday. No rain last night or so far today. NEED RAIN (but no hurricanes please).
Ag_07
AG
It must be raining somewhere

AgLA06
AG
Probably not.
spadilly
S
Bright and sunny here in Sugar Land. Really wanted to be forced inside all weekend by rain.
Al Bula
AG
I give this weekend a pass for not bringing a turd floater. Celebrating America outside in pool and grilling. Almost zero skeeters. Maybe pond hopping a bit with kids and their zebcos.

Made it through the last drought in 2011. It will bounce back.
spadilly
S
It really the way I expected to spend the afternoon, but not complaining…
rangerdanger
AG
spadilly said:

Way to humbly brag that you got reservations to the best BBQ joint in town…
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
spadilly said:

Smoke not blue enough. Prolly green wood.
BayAg_14
Looking like we might get round 2 of some tropical moisture. Last two runs have agreed on a system moving into our region late next week.

Ag_07
AG
When exactly was round 1?
BayAg_14
Good point. More of a cock tease than round 1.
Charlie Murphy
Thats not MY backyard though!!
AgLiving06
Looks like there's finally something to keep an eye on in the next week or so.
Martin Q. Blank
What are we looking at?

Cromagnum
AG
Potential hot zones a week out.

https://www.wxinfinity.com/download/file.php?id=19567&mode=view
Serotonin
AG
Quote:

Expect to see some social media noise during the next couple of days because the operational run of the GFS model, for the last few runs, has been bringing a fairly strong tropical system to the northern Gulf of Mexico coast late next week. However there are a very, very broad range of outcomes here, and the scenario with the most support right now would see a weaker tropical system that tracks more westward, into the Yucatan Peninsula and Mexico. So really, anything can happen.

The bottom line is that this is a system for us to watch at this point, and that should come as no surprise as we're in the midst of the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season. For now, as usual, be wary but not worried.
https://spacecityweather.com/rain-chances-shift-toward-coast-as-houston-area-faces-a-wet-wednesday/
BayAg_14
Latest update from SCW as well as latest GFS run.

Quote:

Of most concern to us is the blob I've marked "1." Both the European and US GFS models have been highlighting this potential for a couple of days, and I'd say there's a pretty good chance that some sort of tropical system, whether it be a disorganized area of thunderstorms or a tropical storm, will reach the northwestern Caribbean Sea by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. After that, it probably would move into the Gulf of Mexico. It could really go anywhere after that, but the most likely locations would be Mexico, Texas, or Louisiana. The bottom line is that we're looking at the possibility of a tropical system in the Gulf of Mexico as we head into Labor Day weekend.

This is not something you should panic about, by any means. The storm must overcome wind shear and a host of other obstacles. But as we get into late August and early September, we're going to be watching all of these waves closely, because the next month is prime time for Gulf of Mexico hurricanes.

https://spacecityweather.com/rain-shifts-south-of-metro-houston-today-and-were-watching-the-tropics-ahead-of-labor-day-weekend/

Cromagnum
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Latest update from SCW as well as latest GFS run.

Quote:

Of most concern to us is the blob I've marked "1." Both the European and US GFS models have been highlighting this potential for a couple of days, and I'd say there's a pretty good chance that some sort of tropical system, whether it be a disorganized area of thunderstorms or a tropical storm, will reach the northwestern Caribbean Sea by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. After that, it probably would move into the Gulf of Mexico. It could really go anywhere after that, but the most likely locations would be Mexico, Texas, or Louisiana. The bottom line is that we're looking at the possibility of a tropical system in the Gulf of Mexico as we head into Labor Day weekend.

This is not something you should panic about, by any means. The storm must overcome wind shear and a host of other obstacles. But as we get into late August and early September, we're going to be watching all of these waves closely, because the next month is prime time for Gulf of Mexico hurricanes.

https://spacecityweather.com/rain-shifts-south-of-metro-houston-today-and-were-watching-the-tropics-ahead-of-labor-day-weekend/

texasaggie2015
AG
Oof.. we need the rain, but I was hoping for good weather Labor Day weekend.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
That could ruin some travel plans.
AustinCountyAg
with the recent rains, and current chances already for next week this could make some serious flooding problems for Labor Day weekend.
Serotonin
AG
I mean, what are the chances of a flood on a holiday weekend?
Cromagnum
AG
Serotonin said:

I mean, what are the chances of a flood on a holiday weekend?

Dove season ruiner for sure.
AgLiving06
Still a weird situation.

GFS model has trended towards the Mexico border with either no storm or a cat 3.

European model still shows nothing at all.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Way too far out for any model to accurately show what will happen.
Cromagnum
AG
GFS at day 10. No other model showing much of anything.

BayAg_14
Like 98Ag said, not going to read into model tracks until the low starts to establish itself. Looks like that will be Tuesday or Wednesday.
spadilly
S
Woo buddy…Galveston would look completely different if that happened.
Seabreeze
emac0002
AG
The last couple of runs it has been all over the place. One shows New Orleans, then the next run in northern Mexico.
spadilly
S
https://twitter.com/bigjoe*******i/status/1563207900083806208?s=21&t=RDvYd1Rq1kXgNXn-jM8DFA

98Ag99Grad
AG
TLDR, nothing to worry about.

https://spacecityweather.com/eye-on-the-tropics-atlantic-starting-to-get-riled-up-but-houston-is-in-a-good-spot-for-now/
Cromagnum
AG
Not necessarily hurricane related, but lots of rain next 10 days.

AgLiving06
Wait. So this isn't a repeat of the 2011 drought? Whatever will the news talks about now?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.