Houston
Sponsored by

2022 Hurricane season

44,237 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by evestor1
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More like meaty urologist, amirite?
tk for tu juan
Good thing I'm flying out for vacation that day
AgLiving06
It's back
StillNotAnAggie
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

What were the three "Holiday" flood storms we've had jn the last few years? Memorial Day, Tax Day and something else?
Brays Bayou Day.
TX04Aggie
AG
it was either 4th of July or Labor Day, but was a few days off of one of those. I think it was 4th of July because I think they had to close the bayou/Eleanor Tinsely due to flooding on the bayou... I lived right by there and it flooded so many times so I may be just getting it mixed up though.
Bregxit
AG
Harry Lime said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

What were the three "Holiday" flood storms we've had jn the last few years? Memorial Day, Tax Day and something else?
Brays Bayou Day.

Quote:

May 1314, 2015 - Clear Lake Area May 13, pre-Memorial Day Flood Devastating storms floods the south sector of the city. Within a nine-hour span from the night of May 13, 2015, to the morning of May 14, numerous homes in the region flooded and one man died.[33][34]

May 2526, 2015 - Houston Memorial Day Flood Devastating storms floods most of the city. Within a nine-hour span from the night of May 25, 2015, to the morning of May 26, as much as 11 inches of rain fell on parts of the region. A local man died when his car was flooded. Numerous home flooded due to improper drainage system.[35] https://abc13.com/flood-flooding-clear-lake-hospital-webster/720147/

April 1718, 2016 - The Houston Tax Day Flood took place in nine counties near the city, unleashing 12 to 16 inches of rain.[36][37]

August 2017 - Hurricane Harvey devastates the city, flooding homes and roads with over 50 inches of rain over 4 days, equivalent to 19 trillion gallons of water.[38]

July 4, 2018 - Heavy rain caused surface flooding on 4 July 2018, dampening Fourth of July celebrations in the city. At least 18 locations in Harris County recorded more than 7 inches of rain in 24 hours.[39]
TXAG 05
AG
TX04Aggie said:

it was either 4th of July or Labor Day, but was a few days off of one of those. I think it was 4th of July because I think they had to close the bayou/Eleanor Tinsely due to flooding on the bayou... I lived right by there and it flooded so many times so I may be just getting it mixed up though.

It flooded on 4th of July about 4-5 years ago.
FHKChE07
AG
Yeah, it was 4th of July because one of the fast rescue teams from the fire department was rescuing beer from the bayou.
AgLiving06
I'll be very curious to see how Brays does if it gets tested this year. I think all the bridges are more or less done and they've dug out quite a bit more dirt to widen portions.
Cromagnum
AG
Looks like a lot of models are picking up on this. A front is suppose to come down from the northeast on Sunday, but then possibly spin up offshore by Tuesday. May be a shot at rain.

Agasaurus Tex
AG
It's a long ways off but this isn't exactly encouraging news.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/#94L
BayAg_14
Levi chiming in. Would love for that to come to fruition. Desperately need the rain.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Does New Orleans or Miami have this same kind of stuff? Where it seems they just keep running models and tweaking stuff just a bit until it shows a storm approaching their respective towns? Or is this just a Houston thing?
FHKChE07
AG
I mean, I watch most of the gulf meteorologists and I don't feel like I see as many scares like we do for us, but maybe I am biased.
spadilly
S
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I could go for a mild tropical weather event right about now. The whole state is too dry.
Smeghead4761
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I could go for a mild tropical weather event right about now. The whole state is too dry.
Need some wet so we won't be under a burn ban for Independence Day.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
spadilly
S
CODE RED!
jbanda
AG
Good thing I cut the grass this morning.
maroon barchetta
jbanda said:

You just jinxed us into more drought.

Go wash your car as punishment.
Ragoo
AG
maroon barchetta said:

jbanda said:

You just jinxed us into more drought.

Go wash your car as punishment.
and my car
Cromagnum
AG
Really early in the season for a Cape Verde Caribbean cruiser.

redag06
Water temp is at August levels.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Anyone getting any rain yet? Fixing to turn on the sprinklers to do my part.
maroon barchetta
schmellba99
AG
cupcakesprinkles said:

Anyone getting any rain yet? Fixing to turn on the sprinklers to do my part.
Don't think it is supposed to hit until mid week, give or take a day. Right now everything is offshore and moving away from us unfortunately.
AgLA06
AG
Houston
TXAG 05
AG
Just got a good little pour at the house, looks like it's heading toward my office, have already heard some thunder.

Update:Pouring like a mofo at my office, LoPo and Bunker Hill.
evestor1
Trigger warning - It rained in Conroe last night. Collectively, Kingwood wet the bed!
schmellba99
AG
Getting a shower now, lots of stuff popped up on radar in the last hour or so and is heading south.
The Wonderer
AG
Pretty good cell moving through W610/San Felipe
maroon barchetta
TXAG 05 said:

Just got a good little pour at the house, looks like it's heading toward my office, have already heard some thunder.

Update:Pouring like a mofo at my office, LoPo and Bunker Hill.

LoPo?
Captain Winky
Coming down hard in Westbury and the power has been out for the last 10 minutes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.