Houston
Sponsored by

2022 Hurricane season

44,249 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by evestor1
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Wait. So this isn't a repeat of the 2011 drought? Whatever will the news talks about now?
flooding?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Wait. So this isn't a repeat of the 2011 drought? Whatever will the news talks about now?

Seabreeze

Seabreeze

Seabreeze
AgLiving06
Both the European and American are showing something material headed for the Florida panhandle.

Most recent American model shifted from something hitting the Texas/Louisiana border to Florida.
Seabreeze
AgLiving06 said:

Both the European and American are showing something material headed for the Florida panhandle.

Most recent American model shifted from something hitting the Texas/Louisiana border to Florida.

Yea a week front next week is looking like it will shift whatever it will be East
maroon barchetta
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

AgLiving06 said:

Cromagnum
AG
Seabreeze said:

AgLiving06 said:

Yea a week front next week is looking like it will shift whatever it will be East

I remember when they said that about Ike, and the front came in after Ike wiped out Galveston.
TXAG 05
AG
AgLiving06 said:

The models that space city posted today has the tracks going all over the place, but small chance of it heading our way at this point.
AgLiving06
Cromagnum said:

Seabreeze said:

AgLiving06 said:

I remember when they said that about Ike, and the front came in after Ike wiped out Galveston.

My parents always tell me that Ike was pointed at Houston from the start and never deviated.
tk for tu juan
Next name up, Hermine. Another "H" name, we're doomed
TXAG 05
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Cromagnum said:

Seabreeze said:

AgLiving06 said:

My parents always tell me that Ike was pointed at Houston from the start and never deviated.

I remember it being aimed to the south and roll up I-37, then it switched a couple days before landfall to go straight at Houston.
Ag83
AG
Ike forecast graphics archive:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2008/graphics/al09/loop_5W.shtml
BayAg_14
Models pretty consistent on somewhere in Florida. This thing could be bad news. Low shear and lots of warm water.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Glad I went to Orange Beach this past spring break. Might not be there next spring.
BayAg_14
GFS keeps pushing this thing west. Last several runs have it going to Louisiana. Luckily other models still show Florida and GFS has been terrible with forecasting this year.

Cromagnum
AG
GFS has it destroying New Orleans currently. That's a a wide wind field.

TikkaShooter
Just going to attempt to speak this into existence…

1) keep running west into Mexico landfall
2) sharp turn north
3) dump all moisture into Texas where folks missed on the august rain fall
4) no major flooding. Just a 5 day soaker

Please please please bring some rain to Texas. I know a lot of you guys got a ton in Aug, but I'm over 20in behind for the year. It's awful.
Ag_07
AG
It's all just darts at the wall until there's a center of circulation.
evestor1
TikkaShooter said:

4) no major flooding. Just a 5 day soaker
lol - i cant remember a 5 day soaker in september or october that wasnt a major problem.
TikkaShooter
You aren't wrong.

But one can wish.
94chem
Ag83 said:

Ike forecast graphics archive:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2008/graphics/al09/loop_5W.shtml

Ike was over 2 weeks earlier. Huge difference.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
gougler08
AG
Cromagnum said:

GFS has it destroying New Orleans currently. That's a a wide wind field.

The L means Louisiana!
Seabreeze

Scruffy
AG
Has GFS ever been right?
The euro model seems to be more accurate.
Ag12thman
AG
Scruffy said:

Has GFS ever been right?
I think it has been correct with some storms, but not in recent years. The Space City guys seem to distrust it, especially this year.
Seabreeze
Ag12thman said:

Scruffy said:

Has GFS ever been right?
I think it has been correct with some storms, but not in recent years. The Space City guys seem to distrust it, especially this year.

Most people I follow are having less and less confidence in the GFS over the years. The Euro has been the most reliable
AgLiving06
Weatherman at my work (big oil) has only been utilizing the Euro in his morning updates.
Cromagnum
AG
Ag12thman said:

Scruffy said:

Has GFS ever been right?

I seem to recall when we had Hurricane Ida and Laura hit Louisiana, that the Euro model was doing its normal west-bias thing and trying to bring them to us while the GFS had them going closer to where they actually hit.
94chem
AgLiving06 said:

Weatherman at my work (big oil) has only been utilizing the Euro in his morning updates.
Although larger rainfall events are possible, a major hurricane has never hit the Texas coast after September 23rd. I know there's always a first, but seriously, late September and October are Florida's turn.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Ag12thman
AG
94chem said:

AgLiving06 said:

Although larger rainfall events are possible, a major hurricane has never hit the Texas coast after September 23rd. I know there's always a first, but seriously, late September and October are Florida's turn.
The Space City guys have essentially been saying this since the onset of 98L as well.
Martin Q. Blank
Scruffy said:

Has GFS ever been right?
GFS was right on the money for Hurricane Laura. Euro had it hitting Galveston/Houston.

https://www.click2houston.com/weather/2020/08/31/a-few-laura-lessons/

You can start the thread around here and watch us ***** about why the NHS wasn't shifting their cone west toward Houston.

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3125797/16

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.