Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,151 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

RealTalk said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Cool. How many of those cases came from going to the park?
Man, you're obtuse.

No. I'm sick of the ****ing government wielding bull**** power and authority that they think they have.

Truly amazing home many people that claim to be conservatives around TexAgs are so willing to just sit back and not voice opposition to governments and police overreach.
Give me a break.

Have you voiced your "opposition to governments and police overreach" anywhere else besides TexAgs and Facebook? Or are you one of those people who likes to yell really loud and not do anything of substance about it?

I bet you're the latter. You seem like the type.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Actually I've emailed Hidalgo's, Turner's, and Kamin's offices. But it won't do any good. So you can go ahead and take your assumptions and shove them.
Unemployed
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Actually I've emailed Hidalgo, Turner, and Kamin. But it won't do any good. So you can go ahead and take your assumptions and shove them.
LOL...sending e-mails.

Way to go, bro. That's gonna change the world. You'll see.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Well what the **** else is there to do? Please, enlighten me as to what steps I could logically take right now? I'm sure as hell not going to go to the park in protest to prove my point and take a chance that one of those barely GED trigger happy gomers in HPD shoot my dog.
Sumatriptan
Lina is an idiot if you have defend her you are also an idiot. HTH
sts7049
AG
move
Ag_07
AG
Get bent bruh

I'm stuck working from home with a 3 yo and a 2 month old. This is far from cool.

It's tough on every one of us. You aren't the only suffering. But for God sakes man the fck up and stay home for one GD weekend.

You sound like my toddler when it rains we have to explain to her she can't go outside today.

And also you should be thankful for your crappy job. A lot of people don't even have one of those right now.
DuncanAg
AG
Come on fellas...we are all Ags! All of this sucks...we all want to just want to move on with life. Let's change the mood...what's everyone drinking tonight on Good Friday eve? I will start...a little Old Forester 1897.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Saint Arnold Art Car
Diggity
AG
So many TexAgs posters right now

jetch17
AG
Tequila tonight, up for a 10 mile bike ride on my lol-OTL suburb neighborhood trails that all the Nextdoor Karen's are already decreeing are closed even though not in city limits nor under rule of Harris co
cone
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

The big deal is I already work from home and have for over seven years now when I'm not traveling. Some of y'all might think this whole work from home thing is cool and neat for this six weeks or whatever, but you have no idea how much the weekends, and getting out to the park to let my dog loose and have fun, and social interactions mean to people that already do it full-time. So forgive me if I'm pissed off that the city is too ****ing lazy and worthless to do their job of enforcing their whole social interaction **** on the offenders and not blanket **** everyone else over.

I hear you dude

Pandemics really suck
Bondag
AG
DuncanAg said:

Come on fellas...we are all Ags! All of this sucks...we all want to just want to move on with life. Let's change the mood...what's everyone drinking tonight on Good Friday eve? I will start...a little Old Forester 1897.
Gonna pour a glass of Jack, but that is all for the night. Got to go to work tomorrow.
htxag09
AG
wessimo said:

Are the bayou bike trails supposed to be closed?

This is what I want to know. Common sense says they're closed. But I've seen things saying it includes memorial park, Herman park, no mention of buffalo bayou, white oak, heights hike and bike trail
Bondag
AG
htxag09 said:

wessimo said:

This is what I want to know. Common sense says they're closed. But I've seen things saying it includes memorial park, Herman park, no mention of buffalo bayou, white oak, heights hike and bike trail
Don't clog up my trails
Crazy Ag 97
AG
htxag09 said:

wessimo said:

Don't care because this is f'ing stupid. Sunday is supposed to be great running weather and I will be there. This isn't China, if I want to go outside with my dog I will.
Texaggie7nine
Quarantined in Albuquerque and they don't deliver booze here
7nine
TXTransplant
Saw this post by an ER PA in the Houston area (it isn't more specific than that) in the Coronavirus forum. Thought this was an interesting stat...

Quote:

Urgent Care:
The Urgent Care I work for has tested over 2300 patients in the past 2 weeks. They are offering self pay testing, so no criteria needs to be met. If you want the test, and have $120, you can get it. Turn around for those tests have been on average 2.5 days. We are right around 17% positives of all folks tested. I have lost count of the number of asymptomatic people that I have scheduled for testing.....and many others have symptoms, or had known exposures.

He also says both ERs he works in (large system community hospital and urgent care) are really slow right now.

Link to full thread.

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3105818
Zobel
AG
First Portugal now New Mexico? Look at me mr fancy pants bumble brag
David_Puddy
AG
DuncanAg said:

Balveine 12 year
David_Puddy
AG
jetch17 said:

Tequila tonight, up for a 10 mile bike ride on my lol-OTL suburb neighborhood trails that all the Nextdoor Karen's are already decreeing are closed even though not in city limits nor under rule of Harris co

Scooped a Giant bike about 3 weeks ago. Been going damn near everyday.....we need to link up and ride sometime homeslice
jetch17
AG
tylercsbn9
AG
So realistically how much long do we have to put up with this? New seems better this week versus prior. Mid May we start seeing some stuff lifted (mainly stuff besides school and sports)? Wuhan took two months I think. And while they had stricter measures they are also denser than most places (and they also likely lied about their #s). Other states will probably take longer than Texas I would assume too. I mean you have places like Michigan trying to out do one another and say you can't even travel to your second home.

And hopefully if we see any sort of spike we do't shut **** down again.

HouAggie2007
So run on the ****ing neighborhood streets
TarponChaser
Texaggie7nine said:

Unfortunately during a declared State of Emergency, the government does not concern itself with how citizens can go out and enjoy themselves and blow off steam. Everything is about damage control.
99.9% of elected officials and bureaucrats right now

Fitch
AG
David_Puddy said:

DuncanAg said:

Balveine 12 year

Four margs from Ninfas and shootin' tequila with coworkers who live next door.
GiggityAg01
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ag_07 said:

I think you're missing the point.

Just get your panties untangled and stay home for awhile.

Get bent. I've been following the rules for four ****ing weeks now basically. I want to know why They think locking the park that is basically just wide open grassy area at 12th and Yale is going to change one ****ing thing about community spread. They've already roped off the playground, but now the fields, wide open ****ing fields, are a *********problem.

Wait you want to go to a park in the hood at 12th and Yale? Like on purpose? Lol
Texaggie7nine
k2aggie07 said:

First Portugal now New Mexico? Look at me mr fancy pants bumble brag

You left out spain.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
If anyone is interested, Fertitta is liquidating off the massive expensive wine collection at Post Oak.
7nine
XpressAg09
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Yeah, I'll continue to sneak onto some courts with my son that we found 10+ miles from home. Because we, you know, live with each other. And we can assess the risks for ourselves (and they are ZERO)
I played golf yesterday with my 4 year old son. The starter said, "you'll need to clear it with the manager if you two can ride together."

The manager laughed when I asked him...apparently he's got a Karen as a starter and he just found out.

I would have loved to see the alternative. Does my 4 year old walk or drive his own cart?
JSKolache
AG
RealTalk said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Cool. How many of those cases came from going to the park?
Man, you're obtuse.
What did you call me?? Solitary! A month!!
Nuclear Scramjet
IrishTxAggie said:

Hence they should do their jobs and go after the offenders. Not blanket directives that impede on others abilities to move around freely while maintaining their social distancing dog and pony show.

That would be racist because the people they would catch would overwhelmingly be from specific groups of people. Therefore, people like you get punished despite your willingness to follow the law.
Liquid Wrench
So, where are people buying all these face masks I see them wearing lately? Everywhere I've looked online is sold out.
Bondag
AG
CDUB98 said:

This morning, listening to the radio on my commute, they said the price tag of this makeshift hospital was going to be $60MM.

That's too much to be believed.

Anyone else seen or heard of that?
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-commits-60M-to-NRG-Park-field-15185688.php#photo-19270639

It appears that instead of using one of he massive structures that is already on the property they may be building a giant tent.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Bondag said:

CDUB98 said:

This morning, listening to the radio on my commute, they said the price tag of this makeshift hospital was going to be $60MM.

That's too much to be believed.

Anyone else seen or heard of that?
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-commits-60M-to-NRG-Park-field-15185688.php#photo-19270639

It appears that instead of using one of he massive structures that is already on the property they may be building a giant tent.
Uncle Ed would've used the Astrodome.
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.