Tine Coronavirus thread

1,456,906 Views | 14219 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by beerad12man
third coast..
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably true, and goes back to the fed.gov trying to create a larger class of people reliant on them. "I know you feel hopeless but we will take care of you and your family, don't worry, were from the government and we are here to help."
XpressAg09
AG
Reply back in a month and ask if they're still alive
TAM85
TXTransplant said:

Exactly. But it's disproportionately hurting those kids who come from unstable, economically disadvantaged homes. The kids of most middle class and definitely upper middle class families will be fine.

Just like forcing places that use unskilled or minimally-skilled labor to remain closed hurts that class of people. Those of us (some, not all) doing our white-collar jobs from home this whole time are acting like it's NBD.

Eventually, when restrictions are lifted, the only people who are going to be able to afford the things that we all used to enjoy are the ones who insisted on keeping everything shut down. And I think they know that.
Based on what I have seen driving around Houston the yard guys, sub-contractors and laborers are killing it.
third coast..
AG
Want to know why people aren't exactly keen on getting vaccinated? Because the moron politicians are doing stupid ass things like this. This after the ridiculous optics of the SOTU

aTm2004
AG
Considering her past, I don't blame him.
htxag09
AG
lol. That's not why people aren't getting vaccinated
BohunkAg
AG
Theoretically the VP and President should set an example for everyone else. Kissing with a damned mask on is stupid. Sad times we live in.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
aTm2004 said:

Considering her past, I don't blame him.

aTm2004
AG
BohunkAg said:

Theoretically the VP and President should set an example for everyone else. Kissing with a damned mask on is stupid. Sad times we live in.

They're also being insensitive to same sex couples. Imagine what little Bobby is thinking after only seeing her moms kiss?
third coast..
AG
Im sorry, but if our "leaders" are unwilling to act like the vaccine has any value whatsoever, the people who may look to them for leadership are certainly getting the wrong message. While this specific incident is unlikely to make someone decide one way or another, the messaging from those in charge is about as backwards as you can get for a bunch if folks who are trying to convince people to do something.
htxag09
AG
Wait, so you're argument is that people who follow this leadership aren't getting it because of this?!?! These are the people who not only got the vaccine, but changed their Facebook profile to say they got the vaccine because they care and still gladly wear masks themselves.

You'd have had more of a case if you said it was the opposite side not getting the vaccine because they use this to show things won't open up, etc, even if they get it. But even that's just a deflection. They don't get it because they believe this is just the flu and zero risk to them.
third coast..
AG
You are talking about the true believers on both sides. I'm talking about the large amount of people that aren't tuned in to every political happening one way or another. I think if you are actively seeking out discussion on the subject, such as we are, you are pretty much set one way or the other. I'd guess most Americans aren't as active and tined in as we are here, therefore are able to be seated by our "leaders" who are at all times sending the wrong message.
cone
AG
Quote:

But even that's just a deflection.
i don't agree

of the 45% of adults unvaccinated, i'd probably put a hard f***-no response at somewhere less than half of that group

the remaining mushy middle is gettable, but you're going to need to give them a bigger carrot than "you might get sick" or "omg you're going to kill grandma" or "if you don't do this you're a bad person"

because none of that s*** is working if you haven't noticed

you can probably get shots in the arms of 75% of americans, but the negotiation gets tougher with every mile

but that's why these public officials advertise themselves as leaders, right?
beerad12man
AG
htxag09 said:

lol. That's not why people aren't getting vaccinated
The theatrics of it over the last couple of months, with how vaccinated politicians are behaving? You're kidding yourself if you don't think at least some on the fence say why even bother. A trend back to normal would go a long way.
First Page Refresh
Page 407 of 407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.