Houston
Sponsored by

Your Nextdoor daily highlight

51,800 Views | 245 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Social Media Influencer said:

Diggity said:

I have an old lady who walks her cat nightly and refuses to wave back. She doesn't seem to like the young whippersnappers that have moved in.
Have you seen the lady who drives her dog around in the car and slows down long enough for the dog to bark at other people walking their dogs?

There's a gut in my neighborhood that does this with hounds. It's actually kind of funny to watch.
Stat Monitor Repairman
OCEN99 said:

I've been slacking on keeping up with mine. Just saw this one posted a few days back.

Quote:

I have a teen with behavior issues. I have temporarily custody over her, she has recently stolen her grandmother car over the weekend. She has been involved in illegal drugs, she even has court coming up in the next week. If anyone knows any officers that can assist in scaring this child straight please message me or comment.

In other words, If you are looking for a local weed man, this neighbors kid can probably point you in the right direction.
drumboy
AG

That's pretty good. We have a lot of those in my current neighborhood. Your neighborhood, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is generally one of the friendlier places I've lived. Where I am now, it's kind of an odd assortment of age ranges and ethnicities, and a lot of people just keep to themselves. My civic club president calls them "the newlyweds and the nearly-deads." The only people I know are either the really old-timers or the people who are uber involved in community stuff.

Timbergrove or Spring Branch? This guy is near our rent house right behind CostCo in spring branch.

All the olds are just about gone from Timbergrove and it's kinda sad. Last one on the block died after moving to a family members after Harvey and his house hasn't been touched since.
Liquid Wrench
You said something one time that made me think we lived in Timbergrove at the same time. People were nice there. Old dudes would say Howdy when I was out for a walk and they were sitting in the driveway having a smoke. I still hang out with some folks from those days. But it was several years ago that I actually lived there. Before Harvey.
drumboy
AG

You said something one time that made me think we lived in Timbergrove at the same time. People were nice there. Old dudes would say Howdy when I was out for a walk and they were sitting in the driveway having a smoke. I still hang out with some folks from those days. But it was several years ago that I actually lived there. Before Harvey.

We bought there in 09, flooded in Harvey and will be moving to the new house on the old lot soon.

We're on Wynnwood on the east side and have cool neighbors.
Dirtnap ag
AG
drumboy
AG
Dirtnap ag said:

This is good to hear. I grew up in Lazybrook and my parents still live there. We looked for a house in Lazybrook/Timbergrove/GOOF for more than 6 months and finally found exactly what we wanted. We close on our Cindy Lane house this month and we couldn't be happier. I went to sinclair through 2nd grade and am interested to see what the school is like now.
We're zoned to Love but went to the pre-K Q&A at Sinclair and there's no way anybody is getting into their preK if you're not ESL/have a sibling there/first few to line up at 4AM on packet turn in day. Good thing you're zoned there for K+.

From what we saw and heard from the principal it sounds like a great school. Our snowflake is registered at First Baptist Academy for PreK which wasn't that much more for the half day program.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Welcome (back) to the neighborhood. Droxford Drive checking in.

Drum- so Sinclair is in high demand? We were also considering 1st Baptist.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Diggity
AG
Pre-K programs at any HISD school are in high demand. First dibs go to economically disadvantaged families.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Gotcha. Sounds about right.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
MAS444
AG
I know of at least one ne'er do well living on Droxford west of Ella. Be wary.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
There are a few Ags over here. Unfortunately close to the Minimax roundabout/townhouse/apartment complex development going in.
Dirtnap ag
AG
MAS444
AG
That new HEB is 2 miles from the heart of Timbergrove. That's not close enough???
Dirtnap ag
AG
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I forget the names of the players, but short version is a decade ago, owner of raw land on southeast corner of Minimax/610 cut through Salford dead end to connect it to Minimax, upsetting a lot of the residents due to significantly increased through traffic.

Broke ground this year on 5 acres of townhouses on the property, and an adjacent apartment complex. Through traffic to increase exponentially.
http://swamplot.com/where-a-new-timbergrove-neighborhood-is-now-springing-up-across-610-from-the-northwest-mall/2018-06-27/

Ditto on the grocery situation.
Liquid Wrench
I always liked that Foodarama.
drumboy
AG

I always liked that Foodarama.
It's good for a quick run when getting to/leaving Hughies.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Our nextdoor got crazy last night.

Someone got all Thursday day drunk and had a personal vendetta against a lead. Started off with snarky comments and then led to posts stating his wife was a ***** in the neighborhood and then blasting it to 40 other neighborhoods.
Eventually after a few hours he was kicked off and apparently the cops are investigating slander and harassment charges

Dude went bonkers
Diggity
AG
No screen shots?
Jackal99
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Our nextdoor got crazy last night.

Someone got all Thursday day drunk and had a personal vendetta against a lead. Started off with snarky comments and then led to posts stating his wife was a ***** in the neighborhood and then blasting it to 40 other neighborhoods.
Eventually after a few hours he was kicked off and apparently the cops are investigating slander and harassment charges

Dude went bonkers
A *****, you say? What neighborhood is this? Asking for a friend and myself.
MAS444
AG
The struggle is real man...that's tough.
mm98
AG
Nothing too crazy lately, but we do have a thread of a lady who had the double pane glass on her backdoor shattered with a projectile. It went through the first pane, bent the mini-blinds in between, but didn't break the second pane,

She is convinced someone shot out her window deliberately with a rifle.
Liquid Wrench
mm98 said:

Nothing too crazy lately, but we do have a thread of a lady who had the double pane glass on her backdoor shattered with a projectile. It went through the first pane, bent the mini-blinds in between, but didn't break the second pane,

She is convinced someone shot out her window deliberately with a rifle.

Sorry, just celebrating my niece's quinceanera and got a little carried away with the pistols. Tell her to chill out.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Screen shots will be kept private to protect the innocent...and guilty
Diggity
AG
I see.

Exactly how much day drinking did you do on Thursday, Rusty?
Liquid Wrench
Just saw this posted somewhere else. This is about how I would expect it to go if tried to engage some of the neighborhood "eccentrics".

Stat Monitor Repairman
610 across from the old NW Mall?

Ain't been by there in a while ... how that new train station for the high-speed rail coming along?
TheWoodsAg
AG
Dirtnap ag said:

This is good to hear. I grew up in Lazybrook and my parents still live there. We looked for a house in Lazybrook/Timbergrove/GOOF for more than 6 months and finally found exactly what we wanted. We close on our Cindy Lane house this month and we couldn't be happier. I went to sinclair through 2nd grade and am interested to see what the school is like now.
6700 Block by any chance? If so, we're about to be neighbors.
OCEN99
AG
Quote:

There's a chicken at the chevron corner at fireside and Louetta if you are missing one.

Apparently there's been sightings there of her running back and forth across Klein Church Rd dating back a year.
Dirtnap ag
AG
JYDog90
AG
OCEN99 said:

Quote:

There's a chicken at the chevron corner at fireside and Louetta if you are missing one.

Apparently there's been sightings there of her running back and forth across Klein Church Rd dating back a year.

Any idea why she did it?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Diggity said:

I have an old lady who walks her cat nightly and refuses to wave back. She doesn't seem to like the young whippersnappers that have moved in.
Have you seen the lady who drives her dog around in the car and slows down long enough for the dog to bark at other people walking their dogs?

There's a gut in my neighborhood that does this with hounds. It's actually kind of funny to watch.
F those guys. If they're the older couple with the bloodhounds driving the subaru, I've yelled at them before. I was walking my dogs and pushing a stroller, and they pulled over toward me and I saw them pointing and coaxing the dogs to bark at my dogs. I yelled "excuse me, please don't encourage your dogs to bark..." and the dude pegs it rather than saying sorry. I've been waiting for the opportunity to deck one of those dogs but when I see them starting to slow down, I think they recognize me because they speed back up. I think I saw them pull into a driveway on cheena or wigton once but I usually see them around westbury park
Diggity
AG
WTF is wrong with people?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Diggity said:

WTF is wrong with people?
I know, I'm frustrated with myself. What kind of person wants to punch a bloodhound? They're adorable! I'd like to say I'm working on my anger issues but I'm pretty sure I'm old enough now that it'd be an obvious lie. Really I want to smash the dude's windshield in but I think I'd get in less trouble if I punched the dog.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.