Houston
Sponsored by

Your Nextdoor daily highlight

51,646 Views | 245 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Finn Maccumhail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

There have been Coyote sightings near some neighborhoods, specifically Mission Glen and along Keegans Bayou. Typically they are nocturnal, but it is not uncommon to see them in the early mornings. They may prey on a small, unattended pet, but are generally scared of people. Merely seeing one is not reason to call us as they are native wildlife and live amongst us. However, there are certain behaviors that are cause for alarm.
Specifically:
Coyote carrying box marked "ACME"
Coyote dropping anvil from hot air balloon
Coyote posting signs such as "Detour" or "Free Bird Seed"
Coyote in possession of giant magnet
Coyote in possession of catapult
Coyote detonating explosives/TNT
Coyote launching self with giant crossbow

Thanks Robert B. for the help with the warnings. Have a great weekend! Pic- TPWD
with Texas Game Wardens.

Satellite of Love
SAHM are the worse. They are the ring leaders of stupidity.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
You just don't understand the danger
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
My feeds are just filled with urgent alerts about solicitors who aren't caucasian.
Flashdiaz
AG
y'all must be in poor neighborhoods. My feeds are for recommendations on butlers and which country club is the most exclusive.
Liquid Wrench
Flashdiaz said:

y'all must be in poor neighborhoods. My feeds are for recommendations on butlers and which country club is the most exclusive.
Must be LOL poor if they have to ask.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
There was some drama with a lady asking for friends because she didn't have any and multiple neighbors told her nobody likes you and I hope you die.

Liquid Wrench
I should have screencapped the one where somebody was confronted on the trail by a 70-80 lb coyote. Them city coyotes must not F around at dinner time.
marble rye
AG
Mine are full of wild hog sightings. Nevermind that every night there is a festival chorus of coyotes howling behind our development, and I have seen 4-5 deer just walking my dog after sunset.

Jeez, people. There was forest here. Ya think?
Satellite of Love
marble rye said:

Mine are full of wild hog sightings. Nevermind that every night there is a festival chorus of coyotes howling behind our development, and I have seen 4-5 deer just walking my dog after sunset.

Jeez, people. There was forest here. Ya think?
How did you train the deer to walk your dog? That is impressive!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Rubicante
AG
88jrt06
AG
Asteroid.
David_Puddy
AG
Boo Weekley said:

I have seen large coyotes the last few times I've played Memorial Park, including Monday. Can't wait until they make their way up to Oak Forest in greater numbers...may have to get back on Next Door and Facebook if/when that happens.

Let's go play soon, especially if you're able to get out there on a Monday. I work from home so I can have a flexible schedule.
Boo Weekley
David_Puddy said:

Boo Weekley said:

I have seen large coyotes the last few times I've played Memorial Park, including Monday. Can't wait until they make their way up to Oak Forest in greater numbers...may have to get back on Next Door and Facebook if/when that happens.

Let's go play soon, especially if you're able to get out there on a Monday. I work from home so I can have a flexible schedule.
schmellba99
AG
I like to get our local pack of coyotes going at night on occasion. Usually after a healthy amount of bourbon or rum. 4 or 5 of those things can sound like 25 of them.

I am not on our neighborhood nextdoor page. Facebook is bad enough, I'd probably lose my shiz if I had another social media site where the village idiot gets to let everybody know they are an idiot all the damned time.
Liquid Wrench
Rubicante said:

Only one thing sets pets off like that: ghosts!
randy828
AG
I thought our Nextdoor people were crazy saying the coyotes were getting to some of the small pets around White Oak...we are close to Jersey Village...and then just a couple of weeks ago a coyote ran across Gessner in front of my car. He was heading to the big retention pond at White Oak and Gessner. I wish he would make his way into our neighborhood and clean up some of the cats running around.
Jock 07
AG
imagine if you had to deal with this
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Jock 07 said:

Pretty sure this is the FB profile for the crazy cat lady in that story. She's definitely got the crazy eyes but not at all what I pictured: Crazy cat lady
David_Puddy
AG
She's a 1
schmellba99
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

Jock 07 said:

Pretty sure this is the FB profile for the crazy cat lady in that story. She's definitely got the crazy eyes but not at all what I pictured: Crazy cat lady
Yeah, not anything close to what I pictured.
Diggity
AG
Except for possibly the OU fandom and references to trailers.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I believe you live very near me or in my neighborhood
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
The highlight of ours yesterday was a young man who came to the front porch (this was all caught on film) looked in the windows....then proceeded to put down his backpack, take off his jacket. lay down on his side and undo his belt, stick his hands down his pants then roll onto his stomach and bring his knees up arwawadly whil he appeared to raise and lower his hips....all on the front porch.

The replies to this were very good....especially the woman who posted it who opened her door and told the boy to leave. She did not realize what he was doing until someone in the app said it.
Bird Dog
AG
What was he doing?
Liquid Wrench
I think I know, but the mechanics didn't really make sense to me and I didn't want to dwell on it.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
He was most definitly beating off. Right there on the front porch.

Apparently some how I guess he figured your hand should be stationary rather than the moving part....

The reactions were the standard "think of the children!" "I have a daughter that walks to school!" etc I just hoped that it was a dare
OCEN99
AG
Asking the important questions:

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
If this person used their brain, they would only go to Shipleys and get spectacularly fresh donuts!

But I agree, who eats those donuts
Big Cat `93
AG
The donut gripe reminds of someone I had to block on FB for her daily complaints about long wait times at Sonic. Oh, the humanity.
AJ02
AG
You're in the same NextDoor group as me.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I've got a seventy-something retired HPD officer that lives on my block. Didn't realize he was a racist...
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Martin Q. Blank
I love blueberry cake donuts.
Jackal99
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I've got a seventy-something retired HPD officer that lives on my block. Didn't realize he was a racist...

Mimi Pate needs to learn how to spell.
drumboy
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.