Houston
Sponsored by

Your Nextdoor daily highlight

51,653 Views | 245 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I Am A Critic said:

randy828 said:

This one was just posted in our Nextdoor.." Landmark" ???

Quote:

Sad news. Another landmark restaurant in our area is closing. Tonight was the last night for the Luby's at 290 and Hollister.

Keep interwebbing little buckaroo. Eventually you'll learn how to spot sarcasm.
It is not sarcasm oh brilliant one. Other neighbors are posting how sad they are it is closing and how nice the people are that work there. Want me to post their replies so you can see how stupid your post is?
Texaggie7nine
7nine
I Am A Critic
randy828 said:

I Am A Critic said:

randy828 said:

This one was just posted in our Nextdoor.." Landmark" ???

Quote:

Sad news. Another landmark restaurant in our area is closing. Tonight was the last night for the Luby's at 290 and Hollister.

Keep interwebbing little buckaroo. Eventually you'll learn how to spot sarcasm.
It is not sarcasm oh brilliant one. Other neighbors are posting how sad they are it is closing and how nice the people are that work there. Want me to post their replies so you can see how stupid your post is?
No need to post their replies. I'd rather you spend your energy taking comfort in the fact that you live amongst the unwashed heathens who consider Luby's a "landmark" restaurant. They're probably the same unsophicates who'd order a chicken fried steak dog at JCI.
Diggity
AG

Either this woman thinks we're clairvoyant and she's hoping the person responsible will fess up.
Jackal99
AG
I saw that one, too. I'm just gonna go ahead and stay silent on that.
Liquid Wrench
#4, guilty as charged

That seems to be a recurring theme with old people not understanding how sounds reverberate. One morning I got woken up by some gunshots around 5AM. People from about 1 mile radius were posting about someone knocking on their doors and windows, speculating that it was a group of teenagers perpetrating a widespread, dangerous prank.

Anyways, did you see the thread about a bar opening in Meyer Park? Could be nice to have a place to grab a drink in a less creepy environment than the Cozy Corner.

Diggity
AG
I saw that. It looks like they're on the backside of that retail pad, which will make it tough for visibility.

Hope it does well as we need some better retail over there.

They're also turning that ****ty old Schlotzky's into a regional seafood chain that looks somewhat promising.
drumboy
AG
Bet it was just a hammered dude at the wrong house.
Liquid Wrench
I *think* I saw some work being done in the spot next to Fuzzy's, which could be promising.

I was wondering about the old Schlotzky's. Last time I went inside that place it was fairly depressing to see the condition. They were very nice, but I was disinclined to return. Will give the seafood place a try.
Diggity
AG
you could be right. The picture he posted showed a patio, which I didn't see next to Fuzzy's.
Liquid Wrench
I may be curious enough to drive by on the beer run later.
Liquid Wrench
I drove by earlier, you're probably right about it being on the back side, maybe facing Bellfort. There's only one spot w/ railing for a patio. W/ all the permits they need, it could be a while before we find out or get a chance to try it.
AgLiving06
Anybody else reading through the thread with the poll on who's voting for Ted Cruz or Beto.

Turning into a train wreck very quickly.
htxag09
AG
Worthy of a bump....

Quote:

Old man w catheter

There is an old man walking down Washington and Moy holding his catheter and a bag of .... I'm worried that he may not be okay.
Liquid Wrench
Oh, he's fine.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

I drove by earlier, you're probably right about it being on the back side, maybe facing Bellfort. There's only one spot w/ railing for a patio. W/ all the permits they need, it could be a while before we find out or get a chance to try it.

Have you guys had a chance to try their food? Only gone their for beer
JYDog90
AG
My Nextdoor feed up in the Champions area is all up in arms about a Subway manager who wouldn't hire a nice African American Klein girl to work in the restaurant. I get that.

The next post is saying that when the franchisee was made aware of it, he fired the manager and personally called the girl and asked her to reapply.

The next 30 posts were people saying how they will never ever go back to that place again...after the guy had been fired and the girl asked to reapply.
JYDog90
AG
This is this morning:

Quote:

Someone left a perfect arrow made from pine needles at our front doorstep yesterday. Has anyone else had this happen? The day before, I received a random text from an unknown number asking if they could buy our house. And last week, some guy wearing jeans and carrying a clipboard showed up at our door, which is posted with a NO SOLICITING sign, asking about our alarm system. Please be aware of any unusual activity or markings on your property, as it could indicate your home has been targeted. Please notify the police if you notice anything unusual. They need to know what our local criminal element is up to.
MAS444
AG
I heard the pine needles thing indicates they're swingers.
Jackal99
AG
willie wonka said:

This is this morning:

Quote:

Someone left a perfect arrow made from pine needles at our front doorstep yesterday. Has anyone else had this happen? The day before, I received a random text from an unknown number asking if they could buy our house. And last week, some guy wearing jeans and carrying a clipboard showed up at our door, which is posted with a NO SOLICITING sign, asking about our alarm system. Please be aware of any unusual activity or markings on your property, as it could indicate your home has been targeted. Please notify the police if you notice anything unusual. They need to know what our local criminal element is up to.

"Local criminal element." Like it's some kind of organized crime syndicate and not some neighborhood kid playing a prank because you scolded him for smoking a cigarette when he walked by your house. Whatever, you old bitty. Step away from the front window and go back to eating bonbons on the couch while watching your stories.
Diggity
AG
Haven't eaten there yet but the food looks good. I like that place a lot.
Liquid Wrench
willie wonka said:

This is this morning:

Quote:

You know sometimes when you go for a walk or a jog, and there are those old people who don't talk or respond to a wave even when they're making eye contact, and you kind of wonder what's going on in their heads? Nextdoor is like a window into the paranoid thoughts of reclusive schizophrenics.
Chewy
AG
Love the comment about a random number texting about buying their house like they're being targeted. Hate to bust their self important bubble but bots texting about buying real estate is really common.

If you own a house in a decent area you're likely to get one a month.
drumboy
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

willie wonka said:

This is this morning:

Quote:

You know sometimes when you go for a walk or a jog, and there are those old people who don't talk or respond to a wave even when they're making eye contact, and you kind of wonder what's going on in their heads? Nextdoor is like a window into the paranoid thoughts of reclusive schizophrenics.
I've got a guy on my street like that. Rarely acknowledges or waves back when I say hi or wave and when the wife of a couple that moved in last year to a new big custom house invited them to the neighborhood block party and mentioned it was in their driveway, he saw the address and said, 'is that the new ugly house?'

My first interaction with him was when he was walking his dog and almost to my house as I rolled up behind him and waited to let him pass my driveway. He was slow walking and then stopped and turned to look at me like I was stalking him. Then he noticed my blinker and moved on.
Diggity
AG
I have an old lady who walks her cat nightly and refuses to wave back. She doesn't seem to like the young whippersnappers that have moved in.
Liquid Wrench
That's pretty good. We have a lot of those in my current neighborhood. Your neighborhood, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is generally one of the friendlier places I've lived. Where I am now, it's kind of an odd assortment of age ranges and ethnicities, and a lot of people just keep to themselves. My civic club president calls them "the newlyweds and the nearly-deads." The only people I know are either the really old-timers or the people who are uber involved in community stuff.
Liquid Wrench
Diggity said:

I have an old lady who walks her cat nightly and refuses to wave back. She doesn't seem to like the young whippersnappers that have moved in.
Have you seen the lady who drives her dog around in the car and slows down long enough for the dog to bark at other people walking their dogs?
Diggity
AG
I haven't...but I want to!
Liquid Wrench
I was pretty wtf the first time I saw it, but my sister was apparently quite familiar. Just another neighborhood character!
chiken
AG
Is that wrong? Should I stop doing that?
Liquid Wrench
It's wrong that you don't stop and talk to me.
Post removed:
by user
chiken
AG
OCEN99
AG
I've been slacking on keeping up with mine. Just saw this one posted a few days back.

Quote:

I have a teen with behavior issues. I have temporarily custody over her, she has recently stolen her grandmother car over the weekend. She has been involved in illegal drugs, she even has court coming up in the next week. If anyone knows any officers that can assist in scaring this child straight please message me or comment.

Liquid Wrench
That's special.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.