Metroplex
Sponsored by

Amber Guyger Trial

101,380 Views | 1267 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Bocephus
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GaryClare said:

Bocephus said:

PatAg said:

Twitter is trying to act like thats a normal amount of weed and cash to just have. I think a lot of us made the instant connection in our mind that his death was suspicious when it was announced. However, when you add facts into the discussion it's pretty clear.

I always keep a couple pounds handy in case I have visitors
Does that mean it's for recreational use? I don't think they prosecute for that anymore.

They aren't prosecuting for recreational use now.

I. Dallas, they consider all amounts (above 0.3 grams) usable quantities of weed. You can have 2000 pounds of it and it is considered recreational use unless they on view you selling it.
GaryClare
AG
Bocephus
AG
https://www.fox4news.com/news/appeal-paperwork-filed-by-amber-guygers-attorney

Option to appeal is available
wbt5845
AG
Bocephus said:

https://www.fox4news.com/news/appeal-paperwork-filed-by-amber-guygers-attorney

Option to appeal is available

The appeal process on this will be interesting. Judge left plenty of decisions to question.
lethalninja
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfaa.com/amp/article/news/nation-world/dallas-texas-botham-jean-murder-amber-guyger-appeal-supreme-court/287-0011559b-0335-43ab-ae8e-4a55940e0228

She lost her final appeal last November (it was to the United States Supreme Court, and they considered her case and denied her petition)

Maximum Sentence Date: 2029-09-29

Current Facility: MOUNTAIN VIEW

Projected Release Date: 2029-09-29

Parole Eligibility Date: 2024-09-29
fc2112
So - about a year and a half until the street riots protesting her parole?
fka ftc
fc2112 said:

I think her release will go like the cop up in Minnesota that used gun instead of taser.

She was convicted, served her sentence, and there are newer, better narratives for the media to use.

Unfortunate timing that the parole eligibility date is ~30 days before election. A crafty lawyer should ensure whatever hearing gets scheduled is delayed.
Bocephus
AG
fka ftc said:

fc2112 said:

I think her release will go like the cop up in Minnesota that used gun instead of taser.

She was convicted, served her sentence, and there are newer, better narratives for the media to use.

Unfortunate timing that the parole eligibility date is ~30 days before election. A crafty lawyer should ensure whatever hearing gets scheduled is delayed.

Agreed. There will be something else to complain about.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.