Metroplex
Sponsored by

Amber Guyger Trial

101,770 Views | 1267 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bocephus
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can we not think that Guyger got a fair sentence, and this guy got way too light of a sentence?
wbt5845
AG
You people are still going to be arguing this case after Amber Guyger is released.
AggieC07
AG
I thought I heard that Texas is one of the few states that let the jury choose the sentencing instead of the judge. So that could explain the inconsistency in sentencing
PatAg
AG
Bocephus said:

For anyone who thinks Guyger got off easy with a 10-year sentence:

Just arrested a guy who was convicted of murder in Dallas County and sentenced to probation. Recently he tried to set his exes house on fire.
I think 10 is a fair charge in this case. Can't speak to mistakes made in other cases
Bocephus
AG
PatAg said:

Bocephus said:

For anyone who thinks Guyger got off easy with a 10-year sentence:

Just arrested a guy who was convicted of murder in Dallas County and sentenced to probation. Recently he tried to set his exes house on fire.
I think 10 is a fair charge in this case. Can't speak to mistakes made in other cases

Roy Oliver received 15 years and I thought his case was much more egregious. Because if that, I thought anything above 15 would be ridiculous.
Bocephus
AG
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/special-reports/botham-jean/joshua-brown-witness-amber-guyger-murder-trial-killed-in-drug-deal-sources-say/287-64081f3a-d15f-45cb-8130-6c6baf42cacd
powerbelly
AG
Bocephus said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/special-reports/botham-jean/joshua-brown-witness-amber-guyger-murder-trial-killed-in-drug-deal-sources-say/287-64081f3a-d15f-45cb-8130-6c6baf42cacd

Well that doesnt fit the narrative
Fenrir
Quote:

Michael Mitchell, 32, Thaddeous Charles Green, 22, and 20-year-old Jacquerious Mitchell traveled from Louisiana planning to buy marijuana from Brown.

"Entrepreneur"
Old Tom Morris
Hopefully they don't waste the Texas Rangers' time on this former dope slinger, current worm food hoodrat.
Guitarsoup
AG
Is 12lbs of pot a lot to have in one's apartment?

Asking for a dead guy.
Old Tom Morris
Well, at least with the $4000 in cash, he was well prepared to make change.
Kanyes psychiatrist
Guitarsoup said:

Asking for a dead guy.
Yes. It's a serious felony amount and in general quite a bit of pot. About $20k worth.
752bro4
AG
Kanyes psychiatrist said:

Guitarsoup said:

Asking for a dead guy.
Yes. It's a serious felony amount and in general quite a bit of pot. About $20k worth.
Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?
FDXAg
AG

Guitarsoup said:

Asking for a dead guy.

Username checks out??
Bocephus
AG

Guitarsoup said:

Asking for a dead guy.

16K-18K
PatAg
AG
Twitter is trying to act like thats a normal amount of weed and cash to just have. I think a lot of us made the instant connection in our mind that his death was suspicious when it was announced. However, when you add facts into the discussion it's pretty clear.
Bocephus
AG
PatAg said:

Twitter is trying to act like thats a normal amount of weed and cash to just have. I think a lot of us made the instant connection in our mind that his death was suspicious when it was announced. However, when you add facts into the discussion it's pretty clear.

I always keep a couple pounds handy in case I have visitors
PatAg
AG
New conspiracy, the police knew about him and set him up in the drug deal.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I don't care what anyone says, this Joshua Brown "story" sounds all kinds of fishy. Why would the killers leave all the weed and cash behind after killing Brown, who if I am not mistaken has no history of drug crimes?
Old Tom Morris
They met and had the encounter in the parking lot. The goods were found in his apartment. Doubtful they even knew what apartment was even his, but even if they did, they had one guy shot in the chest and just killed a guy in the parking lot, so they were not eager to stick around long enough other than to grab what was on him - his gun and backpack.
Old Tom Morris
PatAg said:

New conspiracy, the police knew about him and set him up in the drug deal.
Anyone giving any of this any kind of consideration is either a race-baiter or someone dumb enough to buy into what race-baiters are selling. The good news for the race-baiters is that there are massive numbers of dumbasses out there willing to give this garbage legs.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Junkhead said:

I don't care what anyone says, this Joshua Brown "story" sounds all kinds of fishy. Why would the killers leave all the weed and cash behind after killing Brown, who if I am not mistaken has no history of drug crimes?

Fun exercise: do role-playing ordering the hit.

Dallas Brass: "Officer Jones, we want you to commit 'get the needle' murder to save the city some money."
Officer Jones: "You mean save me some money?"
Brass: "No the city. It will not impact you at all."
Jones: "Sure. Sign me up."

Brass: "Bob, we really want to promote you to Major, but there is one more test. You know that Joshua Brown guy..."
Ol Jock 99
AG
Officer 1: "I'm going to avenge Amber by taking out Josh Brown!"
Officer 2: "Ummm, that's capital murder bud."
Officer 1: "Don't care!"
Officer 2: "Didn't Brown simply confirm that she was in Jean's apartment and they were yelling, which she admitted?"
Officer 1: "Yep. DEATH TO BROWN!"
Officer 2: "Ok, I'm in. Let's grab some pot."
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
It does reek to high heaven, like what are the odds. But if you believe the police would commit premeditated revenge murder, planting evidence seems like child's play.

12lb is either a lot or a a ****ton. 12 lbs of grass is probably less than 5k, 12 lbs of premium would be 70-80k

I believe the official narrative gore now, but what was his relation to JB? I don't know many Big 4 consultants that run with drug dealers.
Old Tom Morris
There was no relation other than they lived across the hall from each other and had barely met, which was pretty much in just a neighborly "hey whats up?" in the hallway kind of way. They didn't run with each other. But he was home across the hall when the shooting happened, so he was a witness.
powerbelly
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

It does reek to high heaven, like what are the odds. But if you believe the police would commit premeditated revenge murder, planting evidence seems like child's play.

12lb is either a lot or a a ****ton. 12 lbs of grass is probably less than 5k, 12 lbs of premium would be 70-80k

I believe the official narrative gore now, but what was his relation to JB? I don't know many Big 4 consultants that run with drug dealers.

He had zero relation to JB. He just happened to be a neighbor.
Old Tom Morris
Again, what would be the point of DPD shooting this guy? He actually helped Guyger's case because he helped clarify (1) it was easy to mistakenly go to the wrong apartment in that complex because he did it himself while living there and (2) he helped validate there seemed to be no prior connection between Guyger and Jean. He'd never seen her on the floor or them together before, and he testified that what he heard just before the shooting was two people who sounded like they surprised each other. So while technically a prosecution witness, his testimony basically backed her "I ****ed up and went to the wrong place" story vs. some nefarious lovers quarrel or neighborly dispute pre-meditated murder angle.
Old Tom Morris
This kind of crap happens all the time. You just don't see it on the news because no one usually gives a **** unless there is a race or police conspiracy to be made from it. So we have the race-baiters taking advantage and the naive, gullible white people who don't pay much attention the other 364 days of the year going "hmmm, this seems weird".
Bocephus
AG
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/brown-family-attorney-says-he-was-not-scared-to-testify-about-amber-guyger-but-because-people-were-after-him/287-e88381b0-bf8b-4ab6-ba47-5cea67c1afb1
Bocephus
AG
Junkhead said:

You are mistaken. I'm betting he had the weed they were making the deal for in the backpack that they grabbed. Just a theory. Keep in mind, the story of how and why he was shot was from the perspective of one of the guys who killed him.

If you looked at Brown's social media, it was glaringly obvious that he has been in the game for awhile.
ElephantRider
AG
Bocephus said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/brown-family-attorney-says-he-was-not-scared-to-testify-about-amber-guyger-but-because-people-were-after-him/287-e88381b0-bf8b-4ab6-ba47-5cea67c1afb1

**** Lee Merritt. Also, didn't someone say on here that Brown didn't have a record and his death looked fishy?

Edit: just saw it quoted above.
Bocephus
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2019/10/04/dallas-likely-wont-held-liable-civil-lawsuit-guyger-case-attorneys-say/

Bad couple of days for Lee
Bocephus
AG
https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/in-dallas-dark-storm-of-amber-guyger-sunlight-broke-though-11776737
Guitarsoup
AG
Bocephus said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2019/10/04/dallas-likely-wont-held-liable-civil-lawsuit-guyger-case-attorneys-say/

Bad couple of days for Lee
Maybe he can use that extra time he has after that case is dismissed to try to get admitted to the Texas Bar since his office is in Texas.
GaryClare
AG
Bocephus said:

PatAg said:

I always keep a couple pounds handy in case I have visitors
Does that mean it's for recreational use? I don't think they prosecute for that anymore.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.