Austin
Sponsored by

Snowpocalypse check-in

17,612 Views | 343 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
bankshot11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No water in my apartment but we have had power back for about 24 hours now. Keeping the thermostat at 65 degrees is enough to melt the snow and ice on the roof, so we're collecting toilet water that way
tlepoC
AG
Still no power here - amherst/parmer. The 40 minutes we've gotten since this all started was truly special.
AgGrad99
AG
tlepoC said:

Still no power here - amherst/parmer. The 40 minutes we've gotten since this all started was truly special.
Really sorry. Hope it comes back soon!
AgGrad99
AG
Do you need anything? I'm going to try to get to my office tomorrow, and if it's not too far, I can try to bring you supplies.
tlepoC
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Do you need anything? I'm going to try to get to my office tomorrow, and if it's not too far, I can try to bring you supplies.

Appreciate the offer but we are well prepared and doing fine (comparatively). It's like an extended backpacking trip...without the scenery or hiking.
AgGrad99
BQ78
AG
All of you with issues must be minorities or LOL Poors because the NY Times today says they are the only ones without power and water in Texas.
tlepoC
AG
I'm white and fairly affluent. So...fake news?
DripAG08
AG
BQ78 said:

All of you with issues must be minorities or LOL Poors because the NY Times today says they are the only ones without power and water in Texas.
Ha. I'm as pale as a gallon of white milk and we froze our asses off in Dripping Monday night and Tuesday.

Thought about cutting up the couch and burning that too.
BQ78
AG
Former West Virginian?
Swarely
Charpie said:

Yes. OMG yes

Needs to be on a Sunday. I gave up eating out for Lent.

I'm drooling already.
Charpie
AG
OK. I'll text when we can set it up. This weekend is out. Next weekend I'm getting my second covid shot.
agmom95
AG
I seriously can't walk out of there if I drink a Skinny Latina. We love their enchiladas and their beef fajita nachos.
Swarely
Charpie said:

We like Flores' enchiladas. They are made like the way they were made in school where we both grew up.

Don't lump me in with your ghetto ass school. My school was top tier.
Charpie
AG
chale, guey
tailgatetimer10
AG
This dude has to be talking in terms of drinkable water, right??

Leander - Ag
AG
agmom95 said:

I seriously can't walk out of there if I drink a Skinny Latina. We love their enchiladas and their beef fajita nachos.

Flores!
chet98
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

This dude has to be talking in terms of drinkable water, right??

I read this as days without water AT ALL
southernskies
All I need is the snow to melt for toilet water.

I've been mentally blackout for a couple days now. Stocked up on frozen fruit for our margaritas at HEB yesterday.
MaroonStain
AG
I got power!!!!!! 1st time since Sunday night.

"Thanks and Gig'em"
The Fall Guy
AG
Kyle. Power for 24 hours but still no water for 2 days now.

Alert came out today that too many people are using the water that is being put out.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Me too, but earlier in the conversation he spoke about maintaining water pressure, then testing water.. so it had me thinking, is he talking about POTABLE WATER?
Potcake
AG
Quote:

Thought about cutting up the couch and burning that too.

Whether the Mountaineers lost.....or won.
wadd96
AG
I've got REK tix next Sat (Bri is opening) and I'm hosting 2 wine dinners the weekend of the 5th... (Yes, y'all can be jealous.)
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
expresswrittenconsent
Looked like most of the bodegas that were closed wed were back open today. Found a domino's open at 4, so no leftover beans tonite. The few fast food spots open had huge lines except for the soup shop, which was empty like a usual evening.
Rachel 98
AG
tlepoC said:

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm across Parmer and a little west of you - right off Ganymede. Haven't lost power but had to shut off water to whole house due to a busted pipe in the front yard.
aggiesarah2004
AG
Rachel & tlepoc-

I'm close to both of you, in Northwood. We've been super lucky to have power/water this whole time so let me know if there's something we can bring over!
wargograw
expresswrittenconsent said:

Looked like most of the bodegas that were closed wed were back open today. Found a domino's open at 4, so no leftover beans tonite. The few fast food spots open had huge lines except for the soup shop, which was empty like a usual evening.

How was domino's? Did you just call in and pick up? I'm itching for some take out. Made it an hour into a Whataburger line before giving up yesterday.
tlepoC
AG
Rachel 98 said:

tlepoC said:

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm across Parmer and a little west of you - right off Ganymede. Haven't lost power but had to shut off water to whole house due to a busted pipe in the front yard.

Interesting that ganymede has power. That street shows as included in our special little outage area on AE site. I'm in walnut crossing.

Nm, just realized there is a small section of ganymede that crosses to the other side of parmer
AgGrad99
AG
You still out? I'm driving down Parmer to and from work tomorrow. If you change your mind, and need something, lemme know.
expresswrittenconsent
I hear you on WB. I got out yesterday at 3 and I thought the line was about 20-30 cars long. I waited a bit looking to see what else was open and then it was 100 cars long.
I had checked a couple of other pizza chains but none local to me were open. For domino's one of maybe 15 local stores was open. Online order for carryout took 1hr instead of 15 min and they forgot one item but I'm happy (and extremely lucky compared to many here dealing with much more serious crap).
tlepoC
AG
Still out. A bit comical at this point. Pregnant wife is being a real trooper. We are likely shutting off water and bailing to hill country tomorrow afternoon.

Appreciate the offee. I'll PM you if we need any assistance but should be good. If there's one good thing that has come from this - it's the continued display of neighborliness and community action.
AgGrad99
AG
Good deal. (Your poor wife!)
SteveBott
AG
Good news is the worst is over. Highs in the 60's Sunday!

https://www.kxan.com/weather/
Potcake
AG
Quote:

Interesting that ganymede has power. That street shows as included in our special little outage area on AE site. I'm in walnut crossing.

That map hasn't seemed very current this whole time and pretty inaccurate on the edges.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.