Austin
Sponsored by

Snowpocalypse check-in

17,469 Views | 343 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SteveBott said:

Good news is the worst is over. Highs in the 60's Sunday!

https://www.kxan.com/weather/

Have you not learned anything from Maroon Dawn or aust ag?
SteveBott
AG
What should I learn? That is not my prediction it's weather man
tailgatetimer10
AG
No one here knows anyone in high places at austin water? I really just want to know when it'll be flowing. Not potable
Agthatbuilds
tailgatetimer10 said:

No one here knows anyone in high places at austin water? I really just want to know when it'll be flowing. Not potable

I dont. I do know a round rock person. Round rock is good to go.

Removing because I don't want to create confusion or panic in here. Best bet is to try to find some water. Put buckets too catch the melt off your roof to use for toilets/wash hands.

Get some papers goods if you can to use for eating.
tailgatetimer10
AG
****. I sure hope that's city wide up and running.. Not residentially
Agthatbuilds
Do you have any water? Do you need water?
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'm not at critical levels but come tomorrow I'll want a shower. I've got friends on cedar park and rr water that I can use though.
MouthBQ98
AG
Way out east Aqua has the water going again, just not potable officially until they test it. Power has been back since last night. Roads are drivable with proper caution. All is well.
Agthatbuilds
Here's all the major forecast models for tomorrow. I think you be relatively safe to drive after 9.

Charpie
AG
If we don't have water tomorrow, we are gonna find a cheap motel so we can shower. My husband is having a REALLY hard time not being able to shave and shower
Agthatbuilds
My major issue with all this is having an ice dam formed on my eves. My last 2 feet of roof deck and soffits are screwed.
Potcake
AG
Where you at, we have water currently? You can use one of ours. We don't, however, have .25$ magic finger beds.
tlepoC
AG
Sweet sweet power has arrived!
Charpie
AG
Nw Austin 620/183
Agthatbuilds
If you havent had power in the last few days and your house amhas been really cold, i suggest turning your water off at the street and opening up all the taps. As your pipes defrost, they will drain naturally without back pressure.

Then once you have water again, you can introduce it to ice free lines and try to avoid any busts.
wargograw
You're relatively safe to drive now. I've been out every day this week. Today was super easy to get around.
Agthatbuilds
Yes, i have been too. Saw at least 5 accidents happen in front of or behind me. Pulled at least 3 people from the ditch and 4 more up hills.

I say after nine because the slush tonight will refreeze and be nice and icy. Let others remelt it for you.

Honestly, the worst roads are neighborhood roads
tailgatetimer10
AG
Yeah, your average driver probably couldn't handle today. Tomorrow will be much much better though
Agthatbuilds
I saw guy on 620 in rr coming up fast behind me, spin out, get situatated and continue quickly on. I slowed down and let him pass when he got caught by a stale yellow and hit the brakes instead of continuing through. He slid across the intersection and into oncoming traffic, luckily avoiding everyone.

Felt like i was back in san Antonio.

It's not me im worried about. Its everyone else.
Potcake
AG
We're in Brentwood, Koenig/Burnet area, can provide address if needed. Offer is open tomorrow. We also have a pool if you desire a polar dip before.

Offer is open to anyone in need.
Agthatbuilds
Polar dip should be required for shower access
Dumpster Fire
Power has been solid since about 4am this morning. No interruptions since and I'm in SMTX. And water pressure is back though we are still in a boil water notice. All my faucets and pipes are flowing and so far no leaks.
Charpie
AG
Shoot me an email. I might take you up on that. Username at aggienetwork.com

And thank you!
SteveBott
AG
Charps I have water as well. You are welcome to it. We lost hot water for two days and the wife and daughter literally jumped up and down saying how happy they were to get a shower.
Mookie
AG
You're welcome here too, Charpie. You have my cell phone. 620/O'Connor. Name in my email in my profile.
Charpie
AG
I don't know if I actually want to meet you
wargograw
Agthatbuilds said:

Yes, i have been too. Saw at least 5 accidents happen in front of or behind me. Pulled at least 3 people from the ditch and 4 more up hills.

I say after nine because the slush tonight will refreeze and be nice and icy. Let others remelt it for you.

Honestly, the worst roads are neighborhood roads
Interesting. Where was this? I drove from 290 to Dessau on Parmer, up Dessau all the way to 45, then took 130 back home and no one was even skidding. Would like to know areas to avoid.
500,000ags
AG
Anyone else having issues with Grande Comm outages?
BlackGold
AG
Thankfully had power this whole time on the east side in the chestnut area. Just worried about the house the whole time too. I'm on a pier and beam foundation and realized the insulation under my house sucks. I also ran out of food which sucked!
Ferg
Anyone lose Spectrum internet this morning?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Anyone seeing gasoline shortages? SIL up in Leander said they are having a hard time finding gasoline.
tailgatetimer10
AG
We're now approaching the fallout stage where people over purchase things like gas, grocery, etc because supplies will be limited for a few days
Agthatbuilds
Yes, all gas is out here by my house. Fuel trucks havent been in to resupply because ofnroad conditions. This should work itself out pretty quickly.
expresswrittenconsent
tailgatetimer10 said:

We're now approaching the fallout stage where people over purchase things like gas, grocery, etc because supplies will be limited for a few days

Now we are at the stage where grocery stores haven't restocked in 5 days and have no food for people to over purchase. The "people overreact" part can't happen until the stores actually have supplies to buy - so probably starting today and through the weekend.
Charpie
AG
Pictures out of the Valley are crazy. HEB's have been picked clean...which seems silly since the worst is over.

And a quick update, water is trickling in to our downstairs sinks now. We may stick this one out.

And I have to say that alot of us bicker and fight about the Ags, politics, and other things, but this thread has been great!

I'm serious about getting together.

Much love, CharpsALot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.