Austin
Sponsored by

Snowpocalypse check-in

17,364 Views | 343 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
rcannaday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heads up: Most HEBs and Walmarts/Sams clubs should get resupplied on Saturday when the weather allows trucks to move about the city. One of the issues hampering supply is that many of the truck drivers (local) have been impacted like most of us (losing power, without water, trying to stay safe and take care of their families). The expectation is that most bottled, carbonated, etc water will be taken pretty quickly.
Aust Ag
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

We're now approaching the fallout stage where people over purchase things like gas, grocery, etc because supplies will be limited for a few days
Dreading going to the store. We just need a few little things, like a $30 trip, but fear that I'll have to wait 45 minutes to get in...and I still won't get milk.
MaroonStain
AG
Scarcity effect will be full on.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Agthatbuilds
Im heading out in an attempt to find water for my crews that dont have any.

Dm me if you need water. No promises but ill try.
evan_aggie
AG
Wife went to Costco yesterday North. Lines started about 1 hr before store opened. They were stocked full of almost everything I was told. They had internal lines forming for cases of water and milk/eggs.

She said it was pretty crazy.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Finally a reasonable update from city of austin water.. No update on when we can expect anything.. but the news is bad:

The poster earlier was prob pretty accurate. we are looking at no water for another day at least... Even though they didnt directly say that.
tailgatetimer10
AG
rcannaday said:

Heads up: Most HEBs and Walmarts/Sams clubs should get resupplied on Saturday when the weather allows trucks to move about the city. One of the issues hampering supply is that many of the truck drivers (local) have been impacted like most of us (losing power, without water, trying to stay safe and take care of their families). The expectation is that most bottled, carbonated, etc water will be taken pretty quickly.

I am keeping an eye on this site: https://newsroom.heb.com/severe-winter-weather-h-e-b-store-operations-real-time-updates/

HEB was able to keep some stores stocked during this. Their supply chain is insane, and I'd suspect they will be quicker at getting to normal than many. I do wonder how they are going to place limits on items, because it will have to be done.

Austin and Central Texas stores

Friday: Austin and Central Texas store operating hours for Friday, 2/19 will be 12noon 5pm. We will continue to assess power outages and other operational issues. By 10 a.m. on Friday, we will report which Central Texas stores will be closed on Friday.
tailgatetimer10
AG
MaroonStain said:

Scarcity effect will be full on.

How well we remember the Central Texas Gas Shortage of 2017.... It was a rough 3 days....
DripAG08
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

rcannaday said:

I am keeping an eye on this site: https://newsroom.heb.com/severe-winter-weather-h-e-b-store-operations-real-time-updates/

HEB was able to keep some stores stocked during this. Their supply chain is insane, and I'd suspect they will be quicker at getting to normal than many. I do wonder how they are going to place limits on items, because it will have to be done.

Austin and Central Texas stores

Friday: Austin and Central Texas store operating hours for Friday, 2/19 will be 12noon 5pm. We will continue to assess power outages and other operational issues. By 10 a.m. on Friday, we will report which Central Texas stores will be closed on Friday.
HEB hours are 8 to 8 tomorrow so likely will be fully restocked ready to roll.
HECUBUS
AG
https://fb.watch/3LNu8AXxF4/

Not my video, but not a bad run for this part of the world.
Charpie
AG
I mean, if you can, why not? Just like the people skiing down tumbleweed hill
AggieMoe
Just FYI in case you have it turned off at the street, starting to get water back. Probably 25% of normal. In 78745.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Im at maybe 10% here in NW Austin. Better than the dry air pressure sound I suppose. Still not enough for a shower.
Charpie
AG
They are important.
XXXVII
I'm in one of the red zones, and have maybe 10% of normal pressure.
Charpie
AG
RRISD already signalling that they may not open next week.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

No one here knows anyone in high places at austin water? I really just want to know when it'll be flowing. Not potable

I dont. I do know a round rock person. Round rock is good to go.

Removing because I don't want to create confusion or panic in here. Best bet is to try to find some water. Put buckets too catch the melt off your roof to use for toilets/wash hands.

Get some papers goods if you can to use for eating.

Your sources were spot freaking on:

"maybe by the end of the weekend"
Agthatbuilds
Maybe. With as much water as they are flying in, I'd expect it next week sometime before you can drink water before boiling
Rachel 98
AG
Charpie said:

Pictures out of the Valley are crazy. HEB's have been picked clean...which seems silly since the worst is over.

And a quick update, water is trickling in to our downstairs sinks now. We may stick this one out.

And I have to say that alot of us bicker and fight about the Ags, politics, and other things, but this thread has been great!

I'm serious about getting together.

Much love, CharpsALot

I would love to get together! It would be fun to meet some Austin Aggies. I feel like I know some of y'all already just from reading your posts!
DripAG08
AG
Our wonderful community propane system is now very low according to the provider so should make for a fun night if they have to kill the feed to our homes.
MaroonStain
AG
The snow melt will help replenish. It's been a great melt today. I have four buckets for flushing my toilet.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Aston 91
AG
After 80 hours without, our power came on yesterday morning only to go out 3 times tonight. Currently out and been so for about an hour (Arboretum area)

Edit:. Back on since 9:00, right after we'd unloaded the fridge into coolers and placed them on back porch. I'm pretty sure the outside cold is more reliable than our fridge, so they're staying out tonight.
Frozen Concoction
Luck ran out on the plumbing front. Leak in a wall by an outdoor faucet. At least I was home when it thawed. Managed to cap it off with the help of some awesome neighbors. Had to pull up some wet flooring, but I guess it could have been worse.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Bro I'm not worried about drinking water. I just want some pressure. Lol
tailgatetimer10
AG
Full pressure this morning. Good stuff.

Was able to get a full weeks grocery at HEB this morning as well. The crazies are still out there however, multiple people going directly for frozen meals, eggs and milk and maxing out their purchase restrictions in it. No doubt tomorrow heb will be business as usual.
rcannaday
AG
78735, no water still, have electricity, HEB looks completely picked over.
Aust Ag
AG
It's funny, people with normally 3 days worth of food in their house (not because they are poor) , now all the sudden feel compelled to stock up.

Snowpocalypse is over folks, go back to your regularly schedule eating out routine. All that milk you are buying will spoil anyway.
Dr T and the Women
AG
So my rpz backflow just went off. I believe it is the irrigation system

1. Does that mean there is leak?
2. I assume you close both valves. Will that shift pressure to the pipe and cause leaks?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Gallons will be poured out, just like the bath tubs probably got dumped today too
expresswrittenconsent
Toilets probably flushed after 1x pee again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.