KBTX I love them

27,024 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by happyinBCS
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EBrazosAg said:

maroon barchetta
I thought the first game is Notre Dame???
trouble
AG
It is.
histag10
Hornbeck
AG
trouble said:

It is.

Interns. Are we all sure, sure we want a nuclear power plant in town?
BiochemAg97
AG
Hornbeck said:

trouble said:

It is.

Interns. Are we all sure, sure we want a nuclear power plant in town?

Interns or AI?
maroon barchetta
Looks like they have fixed it.

You're welcome for the free proof-reading, KBTX!
Anonymous Source
S
maroon barchetta said:

That release is from the athletic department. See at the top where it says "By Rachel Perrault/Texas A&M Athletic Communications"?

That's not on KBTX.
Gig 'Em
maroon barchetta
Anonymous Source said:

maroon barchetta said:

That release is from the athletic department. See at the top where it says "By Rachel Perrault/Texas A&M Athletic Communications"?

That's not on KBTX.

They could have proofed it before copy and paste onto their site. They did run a big story last week about how College Gameday was coming for the Notre Dame game to open the season. Surprised some bells didn't go off here.
Anonymous Source
S
maroon barchetta said:

Anonymous Source said:

maroon barchetta said:

That's not on KBTX.

They could have proofed it before copy and paste onto their site. They did run a big story last week about how College Gameday was coming for the Notre Dame game to open the season. Surprised some bells didn't go off here.
KBTX is probably the reason why athletics updated the release.
Gig 'Em
maroon barchetta
Anonymous Source said:

maroon barchetta said:

Anonymous Source said:

maroon barchetta said:

That's not on KBTX.

KBTX is probably the reason why athletics updated the release because some Aggieland board poster pointed out the problem.

FIFY
EBrazosAg
AG
No one proofs anything… journalism is a dying field. If not dead already…
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
legalbird
Kudos to Max. He has not said global or climate. At least I have not heard him say it.
legalbird
Also, I think it has to do with salaries. I have no idea what they make, but I would guess the 6pm anchor makes 35K annually, and the field reporter might make $12 an hour. The budget has to be super tight.
Goose83
AG
legalbird said:

Also, I think it has to do with salaries. I have no idea what they make, but I would guess the 6pm anchor makes 35K annually, and the field reporter might make $12 an hour. The budget has to be super tight.
They've always paid lower than everyone (like most all businesses do around here). It's intended to be an entry level job, and then move on.
techno-ag
AG
legalbird said:

Kudos to Max. He has not said global or climate. At least I have not heard him say it.
Max Crawford has had a trial by fire, or maybe water, with all the storms that have come through since he took over. He's done very well.
oklaunion
I agree. I no longer curse towards my television during the weather.
doubledog
maroon barchetta said:

Congrats you are now an editor for KBTX, they must be a little short handed
EBrazosAg
AG
Rough Saturday 6 pm tonight. Weather lady was really left hanging … she did well. Darryl did what a vet should do ….
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
What happened?
EBrazosAg
AG
Lots of issues w graphics, live shots, the works.
oklaunion
Daryl used to get plenty perturbed when that would happen. I think he has mellowed in his old age.
EBrazosAg
AG
No doubt. He had a full on snarky streak that was worst about 2010-20. He's definitely chilled in last 4 years. His wife is his boss I think now - that may play a part
TyDog44
Who is the new weather girl?
woodiewood
maroon barchetta said:

Anonymous Source said:

maroon barchetta said:

That's not on KBTX.

Perhaps the proof-reader has no interest or knowledge of A&M's football schedule? If so I would have assumed that a release from the A&M Athletic Department was correct.
maroon barchetta
woodiewood said:

maroon barchetta said:

Anonymous Source said:

maroon barchetta said:

That's not on KBTX.

Perhaps the proof-reader has no interest or knowledge of A&M's football schedule? If so I would have assumed that a release from the A&M Athletic Department was correct.

As stated earlier, they ran a story previously about how exciting it is that College Game Day was coming to the home opener against Notre Dame.

But yeah, Athletics seems to have copied a home opener from a previous season.
woodiewood
legalbird said:

Also, the small subtle "Climate Central" advertisement is not on the weather maps any more.
EBrazosAg
AG
This is pretty cool and good for us. We are quite a ways away from both our NWS NEXRAD radars. Hopefully we can access the images near real time on KBTX.

New Texas A&M radar to bring groundbreaking new technology to the Brazos Valley https://www.kbtx.com/2024/06/21/new-texas-am-radar-bring-groundbreaking-new-technology-brazos-valley/
maroon barchetta
Chip Howard will be happy to have an actual Super Mega Doppler to refer to in the future.
Hornbeck
AG
EBrazosAg said:

This is pretty cool and good for us. We are quite a ways away from both our NWS NEXRAD radars. Hopefully we can access the images near real time on KBTX.

New Texas A&M radar to bring groundbreaking new technology to the Brazos Valley https://www.kbtx.com/2024/06/21/new-texas-am-radar-bring-groundbreaking-new-technology-brazos-valley/

Exclusive rights to KBTX?

Wow, eat your heart out other news stations..
Goose83
AG
See The Three is down to one host - When did that happen?
EBrazosAg
AG
Watched the 10!p tonight. Every medical story was a classic example of churnalism. I would attribute almost nothing to the mentioned research for my patients.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churnalism
Rapier108
Goose83 said:

See The Three is down to one host - When did that happen?
At least a month or so.

Never watched the show, but a few weeks ago I saw someone ask Rusty on Twitter what happened to Abigail as she had been missing from the show for weeks, her profile removed from the KBTX website, and she deleted much of her social media related to her work at KBTX.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
maroon barchetta
I liked Abigail! She always brought good news and seemed to add some pep to the show!

Good luck to her wherever she went. We know this is mostly a temporary stop for young news and weather people.
Hornbeck
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Watched the 10!p tonight. Every medical story was a classic example of churnalism. I would attribute almost nothing to the mentioned research for my patients.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churnalism

I was busy watching baseball. Aggies are playing in CWS championship. DVRed the news.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.