KBTX I love them

27,009 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by happyinBCS
TChaney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kbtx.com/2024/06/26/bryan-police-remind-community-firework-protocol-before-july-fourth/

Quote:

"The penalty would be a classy citation and be a fine up to $2000 if you were to receive that citation for the possession or popping or selling of the fireworks," Waller said.

EBrazosAg
AG
At least - the cities have quit lying and saying "inside the city limits or the ETJ." That was the 2x a year news up until last year or two - and never true. ETJ has some very specific rules - and extending city criminal statutes beyond its borders isn't one of them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TChaney
doubledog
EBrazosAg said:

Watched the 10!p tonight. Every medical story was a classic example of churnalism. I would attribute almost nothing to the mentioned research for my patients.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churnalism

If you are looking for hard hitting investigative journalism, you will be disappointed with local news. The expression "do not ***** in your own front yard" comes to mind.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
doubledog said:

EBrazosAg said:

Watched the 10!p tonight. Every medical story was a classic example of churnalism. I would attribute almost nothing to the mentioned research for my patients.

If you are looking for hard hitting investigative journalism, you will be disappointed with local news. The expression "do not ***** in your own front yard" comes to mind.
Small market media is driven by advertising and not investigation reporting. The journalists don't like it but in a small market, they are working their tails off to move up to a larger market. Getting fired in a small market pretty much lands you in insurance sales.

oklaunion
doubledog said:

EBrazosAg said:

But Donnie.........
halibut sinclair
maroon barchetta said:

I liked Abigail! She always brought good news and seemed to add some pep to the show!

Good luck to her wherever she went. We know this is mostly a temporary stop for young news and weather people.
Abigail was a bit of alright. I think she just got married recently. Hope she ends up in a big market.
EBrazosAg
AG

[He no longer works for KBTX. -Staff]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
maroon barchetta
Wow.
trouble
AG
Gonna miss him. He's been on KBTX since before I moved here 30 years ago. Met him at a kid birthday party and we bonded over Alvin high school.
Rapier108
trouble said:

Gonna miss him. He's been on KBTX since before I moved here 30 years ago. Met him at a kid birthday party and we bonded over Alvin high school.
Yep, he's been doing sports for KBTX since I was a kid.

I remember when he replaced Ron Crozier.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
happyinBCS
[When the acting governor is employed by KBTX you may put that news on this thread and include him in this conversation but please keep this thread on topic. Thank you. -Staff]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.