KBTX I love them

14,234 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by oklaunion
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oklaunion said:

Despite Shel's table showing 3 of the top 5 warmest Februarys were over 100 years ago.
The truth is very inconvenient, which is why we constantly gets lies of omission from the media.

Sadly whenever Shel is on, the weather segments are nothing but propaganda for the climate change hysteria.

He does great during severe weather, but that's it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:

oklaunion said:

Despite Shel's table showing 3 of the top 5 warmest Februarys were over 100 years ago.
The truth is very inconvenient, which is why we constantly gets lies of omission from the media.

Sadly whenever Shel is on, the weather segments are nothing but propaganda for the climate change hysteria.

He does great during severe weather, but that's it.
Attempting to discuss climate change based on temperature is a fool's errand.

The only thing that is quantitative, to date, on climate, is the CO2 ppm in the atmosphere, which by the way has increased to 420 micromol/mol (ppm) up about 100 micromol/mol (ppm) since 1960 .
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
doubledog said:

Rapier108 said:

oklaunion said:

Despite Shel's table showing 3 of the top 5 warmest Februarys were over 100 years ago.
The truth is very inconvenient, which is why we constantly gets lies of omission from the media.

Sadly whenever Shel is on, the weather segments are nothing but propaganda for the climate change hysteria.

He does great during severe weather, but that's it.
Attempting to discuss climate change based on temperature is a fool's errand.

The only thing that is quantitative, to date, on climate, is the CO2 ppm in the atmosphere, which by the way has increased to 420 micromol/mol (ppm) up about 100 micromol/mol (ppm) since 1960 .


How many more billions of people are exhaling CO2 on a constant basis than in 1960?
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Imagine thinking giving more money and power to a bunch of government idiots will change the climate, ha.
dogowner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Classic thread about weather people in town devolving into f16 posters sharing thinly veiled conspiracy theories!
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

doubledog said:

Rapier108 said:

oklaunion said:

Despite Shel's table showing 3 of the top 5 warmest Februarys were over 100 years ago.
The truth is very inconvenient, which is why we constantly gets lies of omission from the media.

Sadly whenever Shel is on, the weather segments are nothing but propaganda for the climate change hysteria.

He does great during severe weather, but that's it.
Attempting to discuss climate change based on temperature is a fool's errand.

The only thing that is quantitative, to date, on climate, is the CO2 ppm in the atmosphere, which by the way has increased to 420 micromol/mol (ppm) up about 100 micromol/mol (ppm) since 1960 .


How many more billions of people are exhaling CO2 on a constant basis than in 1960?
Could be, the facts do not name a cause.
Great CaesarsGhost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was taught in school that the more Co2 in the air, the more that plants consume, thrive and grow...creating a natural balance of the atmosphere.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great CaesarsGhost said:

I was taught in school that the more Co2 in the air, the more that plants consume, thrive and grow...creating a natural balance of the atmosphere.
Could be, again the only fact is that CO2 in the atmosphere (on average) is increasing (instruments can quantify that), everything else is speculative.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
dogowner said:

Classic thread about weather people in town devolving into f16 posters sharing thinly veiled conspiracy theories!
Classic ad hominem attacking the people instead of the argument.

"I don't like what they saying, so.......F16! F16! F16!"

Right out of the Liberal playbook.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
dogowner said:

Classic thread about weather people in town devolving into f16 posters sharing thinly veiled conspiracy theories!
Just to be accurate, they aren't "thinly veiled" theories.

Those of us that realize the climate change stuff is a money grab aren't "thinly veiled" about our disdain or distrust.

We are open about it.
TAMU1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stupe said:

dogowner said:

Classic thread about weather people in town devolving into f16 posters sharing thinly veiled conspiracy theories!
Just to be accurate, they aren't "thinly veiled" theories.

Those of us that realize the climate change stuff is a money grab aren't "thinly veiled" about our disdain or distrust.

We are open about it.
gigem92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is from one of Shel's posts on X today

Layering attribution science into the forecast, Tuesday's expected mid/upper 80s are now 2 to 3 times MORE likely to occur in the Brazos Valley at this time in early March as the climate continues to warm.

So, I guess he is saying it is going to be warm tomorrow?
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigem92 said:

This is from one of Shel's posts on X today

Layering attribution science into the forecast, Tuesday's expected mid/upper 80s are now 2 to 3 times MORE likely to occur in the Brazos Valley at this time in early March as the climate continues to warm.

So, I guess he is saying it is going to be warm tomorrow?
Yes. It gets warm in Texas every summer. Shel nailed this one. I for one will attempt to drive less so it doesn't get quite as hot around here. I encourage you all to do the same.

/s
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shel got his climate index in this pm on the same broadcast that labeled Fred Brown as Bentley Nettles on the Chyron. It's hard to watch.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
A Net Full of Jello
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does aerosol hairspray still cause global warming? I can't keep up.
woodiewood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
techno-ag said:

gigem92 said:

This is from one of Shel's posts on X today

Layering attribution science into the forecast, Tuesday's expected mid/upper 80s are now 2 to 3 times MORE likely to occur in the Brazos Valley at this time in early March as the climate continues to warm.

So, I guess he is saying it is going to be warm tomorrow?
Yes. It gets warm in Texas every summer. Shel nailed this one. I for one will attempt to drive less so it doesn't get quite as hot around here. I encourage you all to do the same.

/s
"Over the last century, the average surface temperature of the Earth has increased by about 1.0o F. "

I guess before the 1920s the temperatures only went up to 79o F?

I suspect that much of any possible increase in temperature in localized areas is due to more people with more cares and larger homes, more commercial buildings, more concrete and asphalt on surfaces absorbing more infrared from the sun, and less surface soil water.

doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A Net Full of Jello said:

Does aerosol hairspray still cause global warming? I can't keep up.
Yes it has CO2 as one of the compressed "clean" gases.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
woodiewood said:

techno-ag said:

gigem92 said:

This is from one of Shel's posts on X today

Layering attribution science into the forecast, Tuesday's expected mid/upper 80s are now 2 to 3 times MORE likely to occur in the Brazos Valley at this time in early March as the climate continues to warm.

So, I guess he is saying it is going to be warm tomorrow?
Yes. It gets warm in Texas every summer. Shel nailed this one. I for one will attempt to drive less so it doesn't get quite as hot around here. I encourage you all to do the same.

/s
"Over the last century, the average surface temperature of the Earth has increased by about 1.0o F. "

I guess before the 1920s the temperatures only went up to 79o F?

I suspect that much of any possible increase in temperature in localized areas is due to more people with more cares and larger homes, more commercial buildings, more concrete and asphalt on surfaces absorbing more infrared from the sun, and less surface soil water.


The 1 deg F is well within the standard deviation of the measurements. You are correct, the amount of concrete alone could lead to the increase in temp (if any), it is all speculative. The concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is quantitative, this is what the climate alarmist should be concentrating on. Again mapping "climate" change through temperature is a fool's errand.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One thing that was completely ignored last year, and will be again this year if we have a heat wave, was the eruption of the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Haapai volcano in 2022. It increased the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere by 10%, and that is expected to last for up to a decade. Water is far more of a "greenhouse gas" than CO2 could ever be.

Instead all we were and are treated to is the daily "highest temperature ever" hysteria.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
befitter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yesterday KBTX did a segment on the signs of "heat stroke" and "heat exhaustion"....ya know....cuz it's gonna be in the 80's again today....in Texas.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because it's severe weather week not because of this week's temps
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all should check out Shels Instagram feed today. He's off the reservation and entering orbit. Guess I should not be surprised.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now there are 2 young super-monotone reporters. They sound like they'd rather be doing anything but what they're doing. Very cringe.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't do Instagram

Climate change stuff?
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. Some crap about the USA being 90%+ more climate change vs the world. While China builds coal burning power plants and many countries burn dried dung to heat and cook. Again- completely unsurprising.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good grief.

We could shut down everything in our country today and it wouldn't matter due to what India and China do annually.
Jbob04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Y'all should check out Shels Instagram feed today. He's off the reservation and entering orbit. Guess I should not be surprised.

Dude is ruining what little reputation he had. He's losing it with this climate change hoax. Sad to see
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As usual, Shel and the crew doing a great job mapping out today's severe weather. Keep up the good work!
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was in Iola, but the power stayed on.
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think this is the 3rd week in a row that we are supposed to get 70+ mph winds.
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When we end this weekend with less than 0.5 in for the majority of the BV - I'm calling it now - I want to see Shels explanation. And does it include a climate shift in it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Speaking of KBTX, this looks fun. This coming Saturday.

KBTX weather team going head-to-head in KinderHill's Spring Fling beer collaboration https://www.kbtx.com/2024/03/19/kbtx-weather-team-going-head-to-head-kinderhills-spring-fling-beer-collaboration/
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FlyRod said:

Speaking of KBTX, this looks fun. This coming Saturday.

KBTX weather team going head-to-head in KinderHill's Spring Fling beer collaboration https://www.kbtx.com/2024/03/19/kbtx-weather-team-going-head-to-head-kinderhills-spring-fling-beer-collaboration/

What the hell happened to just regular beer and ale?
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FlyRod said:

Speaking of KBTX, this looks fun. This coming Saturday.

KBTX weather team going head-to-head in KinderHill's Spring Fling beer collaboration https://www.kbtx.com/2024/03/19/kbtx-weather-team-going-head-to-head-kinderhills-spring-fling-beer-collaboration/


I missed last year's because I was out of town but we're planning to go this year.
Page 2 of 3
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.