Aggieland
Sponsored by

KBTX I love them

303,015 Views | 1136 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by lawless89
b0ridi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
motherrunnersBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who dresses like that for graduation?
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one. That's not what Bo is talking about.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm enjoying the weather forecast updates. few days ago: highs around 90-91, lows around 70-72.

A few days later the accurate one: highs in the mid to upper 90s, lows in the mid to upper 70s.

For. The. Foreseeable. Future
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlyRod said:

I'm enjoying the weather forecast updates. few days ago: highs around 90-91, lows around 70-72.

A few days later the accurate one: highs in the mid to upper 90s, lows in the mid to upper 70s.

For. The. Foreseeable. Future

Weather is unpredictable, unlike climate change, right?
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just when your Tuesday was boring and empty, Shel 2.0 finds meaning for his X feed.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I'm a Generation Joneser (between Baby Boomers and Gen X) so 80's music is very very nostalgic. I'm not sure what this Tears for Fears song is supposed to represent to Max or his critics, but I'll always listen to the end. Maybe some Air Supply or Wham next?
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm gonna go with "his critics" on this one!
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EBrazosAg said:

Just when your Tuesday was boring and empty, Shel 2.0 finds meaning for his X feed.

Thanks MAX, but the best rock music was produced between 1968-1973. IMHO
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MiMi said:

I'm a Generation Joneser (between Baby Boomers and Gen X) so 80's music is very very nostalgic. I'm not sure what this Tears for Fears song is supposed to represent to Max or his critics, but I'll always listen to the end. Maybe some Air Supply or Wham next?

Rick Astley!!!
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Dear Rusty, a carrier accommodates about 5000 sailors. Given that the annual suicide attempt rate stands at 0.8%, this translates to approximately 40 individuals per 5000 who attempt suicide annually across the United States. Although I am not a journalist, I must note that 8 out of 5000 represents a significantly lower figure than the national average. Naturally, even a single incident remains one too many.

https://www.cdc.gov/suicide/data/index.html
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't hit the journalist with facts !
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is the CDC reporting facts again?
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I would like to see what is the suicide attempt rate among active duty military. A quick search shows a 0.022% suicide death rate (2024, DOD) for active duty service members. But I can't find any data regarding suicide attempts in which the service member survived. Or, specifically, suicide attempts for those serving on naval ships.

Until that data is available, there is no way to know if what the Lincoln experienced was abnormal or not.

doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiMi said:

I would like to see what is the suicide attempt rate among active duty military. A quick search shows a 0.022% suicide death rate (2024, DOD) for active duty service members. But I can't find any data regarding suicide attempts in which the service member survived. Or, specifically, suicide attempts for those serving on naval ships.

Until that data is available, there is no way to know if what the Lincoln experienced was abnormal or not.



Fair enough, but that is not the issue with the "news" story. The point being made here isn't simply about the specific incident, but rather the lack of thorough journalism in this "news" piece. It fails to mention the average rate of suicide attempts among military personnel or those stationed on naval vessels. Without any baseline figures included in the report, readers are left without context to understand how the 0.2% rate aboard the Lincoln compares to other military organizations, whether it's lower, higher, or on par with the average. This omission seems to overlook a crucial aspect of the story, possibly because it doesn't align with the prevailing narrative surrounding the Lincoln issue.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nvm...don't want to get banned on game day


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

nvm...don't want to get banned on game day


So you can post on The Zoo?
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

TyHolden said:

nvm...don't want to get banned on game day


So you can post on The Zoo?

so I can watch brauny drink and burp on the B-team broadcast right now


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently in E Tx "MESA" is. "messsa". I'm mean it's flat over there , but …..
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Independence H-D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rusty = Small Town Marvin Zindler.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Independence H-D said:

Rusty = Small Town Marvin Zindler.


Do not defame Marvin like that.
GenXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More like small town Maury Povich. Rusty loves the drama.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Able bodied people and their families going hungry because they do not want to work. I feel for their families, that is why I support school meal programs. I do not think that the people who truly need and deserve SNAP will go hungry, but I may be wrong.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I'm not mistaken, the federal SNAP cuts are tied to the error rates in the individual states.

The USDA reported a 10.62% improper payment rate for FY 2025. Starting in 2027, states are facing penalties requiring the individual states to cover 5 to 15 percent of benefit costs based on the states error rates.

In Texas, our error rate was 9.34%, which means Texas will have to cover roughly $700M, unless they fix the system.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hornbeck said:

If I'm not mistaken, the federal SNAP cuts are tied to the error rates in the individual states.

The USDA reported a 10.62% improper payment rate for FY 2025. Starting in 2027, states are facing penalties requiring the individual states to cover 5 to 15 percent of benefit costs based on the states error rates.

In Texas, our error rate was 9.34%, which means Texas will have to cover roughly $700M, unless they fix the system.

Thank you, that information was conveniently left out of the KBTX story. I suppose it did not fit their narrative.
Clucky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
doubledog said:

Hornbeck said:

If I'm not mistaken, the federal SNAP cuts are tied to the error rates in the individual states.

The USDA reported a 10.62% improper payment rate for FY 2025. Starting in 2027, states are facing penalties requiring the individual states to cover 5 to 15 percent of benefit costs based on the states error rates.

In Texas, our error rate was 9.34%, which means Texas will have to cover roughly $700M, unless they fix the system.

Thank you, that information was conveniently left out of the KBTX story. I suppose it did not fit their narrative.

You mean it was left out of the headline because that's all you read?
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ummmm, that's all there is in a Tweet / X post. The 2 or three lines and a picture. KBTX didn't even include a link to, as Paul Harvey would say, "the rest of the story".
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Clucky said:

doubledog said:

Hornbeck said:

If I'm not mistaken, the federal SNAP cuts are tied to the error rates in the individual states.

The USDA reported a 10.62% improper payment rate for FY 2025. Starting in 2027, states are facing penalties requiring the individual states to cover 5 to 15 percent of benefit costs based on the states error rates.

In Texas, our error rate was 9.34%, which means Texas will have to cover roughly $700M, unless they fix the system.

Thank you, that information was conveniently left out of the KBTX story. I suppose it did not fit their narrative.

You mean it was left out of the headline because that's all you read?

This is a "post and go" story. The post has only headlines.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What?!?! Rusty has a narrative?

Next, you'll tell me water is wet.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did they ever figure out what led him to fall at home at 3am the other night and end up in ER?

He had a social media post about it.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Gravity.
lawless89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

Did they ever figure out what led him to fall at home at 3am the other night and end up in ER?

He had a social media post about it.

"Blacked out at 3AM in the hallway" is an odd thing for him to say.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

Did they ever figure out what led him to fall at home at 3am the other night and end up in ER?

He had a social media post about it.

I am sure we are all hoping for Rusty's quick recovery.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
doubledog said:

maroon barchetta said:

Did they ever figure out what led him to fall at home at 3am the other night and end up in ER?

He had a social media post about it.

I am sure we are all hoping for Rusty's quick recovery.


I would hope so. You have to be a pretty sad human to want others to suffer.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

doubledog said:

maroon barchetta said:

Did they ever figure out what led him to fall at home at 3am the other night and end up in ER?

He had a social media post about it.

I am sure we are all hoping for Rusty's quick recovery.


I would hope so. You have to be a pretty sad human to want others to suffer.

Yes I agree. Anybody that wishes somebody to suffer, be shot at, or even killed over politics is probably a horrible person. I would estimate that a large portion of this country has felt this way at some point in the last 4-8 years. It's ridiculous that we are manipulated this easily. And a large part of the blame probably should go on the media.

edit: I certainly wasn't saying doubledog meant anything by that.


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.