COVID VACCINE

176,027 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
Nosmo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got confirm on appointment Tuesday.

Warning: Gmail sent confirm email to "Promotions".
Mission Ranch AG
AG
Nosmo - thanks for the heads up on looking in Promotions. Found my confirmation in there as well.
Bucketrunner
Thanks to the person who helped us sign up. We're getting ours on Monday. The confirmation process online was very simple.
cavscout96
AG
Yes. And you probably would have done it in NOVEMBER!
scd88
AG
I'm not a St. Joe's patient as my primary is with Scott & White. Guess I won't be getting the vaccine...
MiMi
S
You do not have to be a St. Joe's patient to sign up on their waitlist.
scd88
AG
Ok thanks. Good to know.
nought
AG
I was wrong. The new state allocation PDF indeed shows we are allocated 5,000 doses for the coming week. It is good to know that the state is getting it here by Monday for the Brazos Center hub to get going. That should eliminate any concerns there is a big lag between allocation announcement and vaccine shipment.
jwj
Don't you internet?No one admits a mistake. It's just not done. Seriously,thanks for the correction.
jim james
bushytailed
AG
I put my mom on the St Joe's list a few weeks back. Her primary is with S&W. She got an email last night confirming her vaccine appointment for Tuesday at the Brazos Center.
localag242
Who does the email come from? St. Joe's? Trying to help my Mom too and her email.
Counterpoint
AG
localag242 said:

Who does the email come from? St. Joe's? Trying to help my Mom too and her email.

Texas A&M. (tamu.edu)
DisneyFan5
Mine came from St Joseph Health
Born&Raised
DisneyFan5 said:

Is there a difference - or just where you get your vaccine?
dubi
AG
Born&Raised said:

DisneyFan5 said:

Is there a difference - or just where you get your vaccine?

Perhaps the St Joe emails are at Mature Well near Hotel Stella and the Tamu emails are at the Brazos Center?

Hopefully someone who knows can answer.
BMo
Ours came from TAMU.
DisneyFan5
I was wrong about it coming from St Josehp. The one I got was from Tamu.
Born&Raised
Does anyone know which vaccines they are giving out on Monday?
Nosmo
AG
Can't say for certain, but the last 3 "1st dose allocations" (Wk# 6,7,8), were all Moderna.
Goose83
AG
Born&Raised said:

Does anyone know which vaccines they are giving out on Monday?
According to the state, St Joseph's was allocated 5,000 doses of Moderna for Week 8, which would jibe with the 5,000 vaccines the hub is supposed to distribute this week.
Counterpoint
AG
This vaccine clinic at the Brazos Center is extremely well-run and efficient (so far at least)!
75AG
AG
Counterpoint said:

This vaccine clinic at the Brazos Center is extremely well-run and efficient (so far at least)!

Agree! In and out in 30 minutes at 3PM. Would have been quicker except some old people ahead of me enjoyed talking to EVERYONE they met. . And it was the Moderna vaccine.
Counterpoint
AG
75AG said:

Counterpoint said:

Agree! In and out in 30 minutes at 3PM. Would have been quicker except some old people ahead of me enjoyed talking to EVERYONE they met. . And it was the Moderna vaccine.

Yeah, I can't say enough how positive that experience was. I'm not eligible for the shot yet, but I had to drive someone there to get it and everything was perfect. I think the New Mexico guy did a great job!
BucketofBalls99
I get mine later this week....anyone have any bad symptoms after receiving it?? I talked to one person who had a very rough night after getting theirs.
Counterpoint
AG
Was it their first one? I haven't heard anybody really complain about the first one, but the second one is a different story!
BucketofBalls99
Yes, their first dose.

What did you hear about the second one?
dubi
AG
BucketofBalls99 said:

Yes, their first dose.

Side effects are harsher. Feel worse.
MiMi
S
Quote:

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3178163
Jinx
Only thing I had an issue with was soreness on that arm for the 24hrs. Not something I usually get with shots.
KidDoc
AG
The 2nd dose is much harder on your body. I would plan to take a day off the day after if I were you.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
75AG
AG
I've heard it's like the new shingles shot. The first OK, but some folks have fever, chills, etc. on the second. Most, however, show few side effects.
KidDoc
AG
75AG said:

I've heard it's like the new shingles shot. The first OK, but some folks have fever, chills, etc. on the second. Most, however, show few side effects.
Incorrect, 2/3's had chills/fever/body aches on 2nd shot in the Moderna studies.

Among my small cohort of nurses/docs (about 15 of us) that got the 2nd shot Friday everyone was laid out Saturday and back to normal Sunday.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gettingitdone
Got my second dose of Moderna week before last. By the evening I could not move my arm at all. Very painful. During the middle of the night had horrible muscle/joint pain, headache, fatigue and 102 fever. Lasted about 36 hours but the headache lingered for about 4 days. I was miserable and a hot bath was my friend. Even with all of that, I am glad I got the vaccine.
75AG
AG
KidDoc said:

75AG said:

Incorrect, 2/3's had chills/fever/body aches on 2nd shot in the Moderna studies.

Among my small cohort of nurses/docs (about 15 of us) that got the 2nd shot Friday everyone was laid out Saturday and back to normal Sunday.
Sorry, not meaning to spread false info. My experience from reading the PI and friends/family who've had both Moderna shots, is there are side effects, but few considered it "debilitating ".
jeffk
AG
Got second Pfizer shot yesterday and I feel pretty wiped out today. Chills, soreness, and lethargic. Very glad to have gotten it, but I wouldn't recommend having big plans for the day after shot #2.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.