Side Effects after Booster

26,851 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by farmrag
BShaneRodgers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has everyone had significant side effects? I have possible plans the evening of the day after the 2nd shot. Just wanted thoughts?
Aggie95
AG
Not everyone I know has...but certainly more common than after 1st.
BShaneRodgers
I'm trying to decide if I will be able to attend a sport evening the next evening. I need to buy tickets ahead of time or I would wait until the day of.
Drip99
AG
srodgers said:

I'm trying to decide if I will be able to attend a sport evening the next evening. I need to buy tickets ahead of time or I would wait until the day of.
I am supposed to go to topgolf the afternoon after my 2nd shot. Told my wife it might not be the best idea...she told me to man up...so ill whack some balls
BShaneRodgers
My friend (who is youngish and healthy like me) had Phizer and didnt have side effects after either shot. I think I will be okay.
BShaneRodgers
Ill take some tylenol this next day just in case.
BSpencer00
AG
I had second dose of Moderna on Wednesday. Thursday was not fun - chills, muscle aches, headache, and fatigue. Today I feel back to 100%. I'll take one day of feeling like garbage if it keeps the COVID away.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HotardAg07
AG
https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3175927
PJYoung
AG
BSpencer00 said:

I had second dose of Moderna on Wednesday. Thursday was not fun - chills, muscle aches, headache, and fatigue. Today I feel back to 100%. I'll take one day of feeling like garbage if it keeps the COVID away.

Same here.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I got the 2nd Pfizer dose on Tuesday and had nothing but a sore arm. Some coworkers had chills but not me.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Anecdotal, but among friends/family/acquaintances, the Moderna 2nd dose seems to be the one kicking people's ass. I dont know anyone who had issues with Pfizer
AggieMPH2005
I had my second shot yesterday, Moderna. Chills low fever fatigue and muscle soreness. I had it with the first **** too but that was much milder than today.

Still beats having corona
KidDoc
AG
St Jo's moved all our 2nd doses to Friday because the fever/body ache rate is pretty high and they don't want to cancel clinic if they don't have to. I get mine next week.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aries
Had my 2nd dose of the Moderna yesterday. I just got out of bed.....

Severe body & bone aches, chills, fatigue, & can't move my arm because of the pain. I am miserable but oh well.
lazuras_dc
AG
Had moderna 2 yesterday. Middle of night chills. Went away quickly. This AM feel like I ran a marathon and drank a bottle of cheap whiskey afterwards. Not fun but Definitely have felt worse. Arm soreness =same arm soreness as first dose.
wildcat08
AG
My wife and I got the first Moderna shot on Thursday. She had no reaction. I have a large red spot (a couple of inches in diameter), and it's sore. Reading the second shot experiences here, I'm betting I'm in line for that.
bay fan
S
My son (who is always the person who insists the flu shot makes him sick every time) got the Modera shot on Friday. His arm hurts to move around and he feels sick. I have no idea since he seems to react to vaccines if it's real or always in his head. The second shot ought to be fun for him!
encinoag
AG
Wife has had both doses of Pfizer. Night sweats after dose 2 for first nite but then great the next day. I just got Moderna round 2 yesterday. Popped a fever last night with chills and aches today.
AggieMPH2005
I am much better today. Day 2 post 2nd shot
Tabasco
AG
bay fan said:

My son (who is always the person who insists the flu shot makes him sick every time) got the Modera shot on Friday. His arm hurts to move around and he feels sick. I have no idea since he seems to react to vaccines if it's real or always in his head. The second shot ought to be fun for him!
Unsolicited, but thought I would weigh in...
Interesting question about your son re: in his head or not. I would think it would fall into one of three categories.

1. hypochondriasis- in his head. Think OCD/anxiety/worry and constantly complaining about various vague maladies.

2. psychosomatic- real physical symptoms with a psychological basis. Think of a child under psychological stress that triggers a true migraine.

3. "heightened sensitivity"- not sure of the best term, I just made that up. There is a subset of children/adults that have extremely sensitive responses to sensory input. Think of an autistic child that covers their ears when there is a loud noise. To us, its loud, to them, they experience it at a much higher factor. My daughter (16, not autistic) fits into this. Extremely low pain tolerance. Hypersensitivity to all senses (touch/smell/taste etc). Prone to frequent migraines since before the age of two, which is still an issue. Her pediatric neurologist at TCH told us not to discount her claims and assume they are in her head (wife and I are both Clinical Psychologists, so she probably felt she had to educate us that there is a real phenomena of this hypersensitivity and that the expressed pain is in fact real), and that there are children with real global hypersensitivity that is medical/neurological in nature.
cc_ag92
AG
I usually feel sick for about 24 hours after the flu shot and always schedule it for a Friday or Monday because of this. I anticipated a similar reaction to Moderna, but had no issues with the first dose. I get my second dose next week, so we'll see what happens then. Thankfully I am able to get it on a Friday, just in case.
Momster
Got Moderna #2 yesterday. Achy and foggy headed last night. Arm very tender. Much more so than with the first shot. Mild fever overnight. Slept basically all day. Joint pain and body aches. No appetite, which is probably good for me lol. Back in bed now and just don't feel good, but imagine Covid would be much worse. My husband got 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine and he likes to point out to me that he didn't have any of these symptoms. Therefore I am a wimp lol.
Gizzards
AG
No problems with either of my two Pfizer vaccines.
bay fan
S
Tabasco said:

bay fan said:

Unsolicited, but thought I would weigh in...
Interesting question about your son re: in his head or not. I would think it would fall into one of three categories.

1. hypochondriasis- in his head. Think OCD/anxiety/worry and constantly complaining about various vague maladies.

2. psychosomatic- real physical symptoms with a psychological basis. Think of a child under psychological stress that triggers a true migraine.

3. "heightened sensitivity"- not sure of the best term, I just made that up. There is a subset of children/adults that have extremely sensitive responses to sensory input. Think of an autistic child that covers their ears when there is a loud noise. To us, its loud, to them, they experience it at a much higher factor. My daughter (16, not autistic) fits into this. Extremely low pain tolerance. Hypersensitivity to all senses (touch/smell/taste etc). Prone to frequent migraines since before the age of two, which is still an issue. Her pediatric neurologist at TCH told us not to discount her claims and assume they are in her head (wife and I are both Clinical Psychologists, so she probably felt she had to educate us that there is a real phenomena of this hypersensitivity and that the expressed pain is in fact real), and that there are children with real global hypersensitivity that is medical/neurological in nature.
Yeah, really not at all sure which category he might fall in. Ridiculously high pain threshold for significant injuries that would have most on their knees but give him a vaccine and clear the couch for a couple of days. Whatever, glad he got it and will steer clean when he gets the next one! Lol.
murse
AG
Second dose of Pfizer on Monday. Worked a thirteen hour shift after and got home about one in the morning. About that time got a sudden headache followed by chills and fifteen minutes of uncontrolled shivering/shaking. All the next day sore muscles, especially my back and shoulders, and joint pain in my fingers. The third day I was back to normal. Only had a sore arm for a couple of days with the first shot.
Positive Yardage
AG
BSpencer00 said:

Wife got her 2nd Moderna 24 hours ago, and experiencing much of the same today with some decent swelling at the injection site. Hoping she will be back to at least 90% tomorrow.
The Big12Ag
My sister gets second Moderna shot today, had no issue with first dose and will update if she shares any issues with the second. I warned her about what I've read here.
CFTXAG10
AG
Got the second dose of Moderna yesterday (1/25) at 11:30am

1:00pm - started feeling a little fatigue/tiredness at work that carried most of the rest of the evening
6:00pm - followed my routine of working out and getting a healthy dinner after
2:00am - woke up with chills (put on extra clothes and took some acetaminophen)
7:00am - woke up in a pool of sweat but felt fine other than tired/achey

Now - still sore in the injection site but otherwise feel great. Glad the chills were short-lived.

fwiw my sister and brother in law both had similar experiences to mine with the Moderna vaccine
ontherocks
AG
Got second Pfizer shot about 24 hours ago. Not really anything minus a barely noticeable sore arm, same with the first shot.

Question, if I have no issues with either shot does that mean my body made less antibodies or that I'm the 5% that it doesn't work on? Just weird everyone has symptoms and I really don't feel anything.
Post removed:
by user
BShaneRodgers
How old are you? I have several friends late 20s and early 30s who didn't have side effects with either dose.
GaryClare
AG
ontherocks
AG
Mid 30s not in the greatest shape but I could be worse. Been taking dr revs cocktail for half a year though, not sure if that helped.
GaryClare
AG
Drip99
AG
My sister n law and bro n law have had both doses of pfizer and neither had side effects other than arm soreness for 36 hours. Ages 48/50, both physicians and in decent shape.

Not sure how valid this is but if you scroll down you can see breakdowns of side effects in the tables for both shots of both vaccines:

https://www.vox.com/22158238/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects-explained

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.