Side Effects after Booster

27,120 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by farmrag
Drip99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Received 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Woke up at 5 with a headache and achy/sore? Any reason to not take ibuprofen or Tylenol?
doctorAg13
AG
JesusQuintana said:

Received 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Woke up at 5 with a headache and achy/sore? Any reason to not take ibuprofen or Tylenol?
That's what I did.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
wbt5845 said:

So I am getting 2nd Moderna today.

What should I do medicine wise afterwards and when can I start? I've read that one should avoid pain killers prior to shot since it reduces effectivity. Should I wait some period of time after **** before taking medication?
It is a theoritical concern. I would consider taking NSAID prior to going to bed.

I think in six months that warning will go bye bye.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggieduke
AG
aggieduke said:

1st shot Moderna. Severe arm pain. Went away on day 3.

2nd shot was yesterday at 11am. About 7pm started feeling slightly crummy. By 2 am I was in a hot bath taking advil with severe chills, body aches, muscle and joint pain, headache, and feverish. Hate to sound like a baby but it was bad. As of now I am definitely better but nowhere over it. About 50%. Hope this helps someone else.
45 yr old male.

***Update***
At 2am I woke up in a pool of sweat. My bed and pillow are SOAKED. As of now I feel like I am completely fine. Have a big meeting today at 10am so I hope it is done!!!
Philippians 4:13
wbt5845
AG
UPDATE: I am lucky in that I have no side affect from the 2nd shot whatsoever. Just a little soreness at the injection site. All I did was take some Ibuprofen before bed.
KidDoc
AG
wbt5845 said:

UPDATE: I am lucky in that I have no side affect from the 2nd shot whatsoever. Just a little soreness at the injection site. All I did was take some Ibuprofen before bed.
Or unlucky that your immune system did not generate a vigorous enough reaction to cause symptoms?
WES2006AG
AG
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/02/second-vaccine-side-effects/617892/
MiMi
S
Quote:

Or unlucky that your immune system did not generate a vigorous enough reaction to cause symptoms?
During any of the Moderna of Pfizer vaccine trials, did they look at antibody titer levels compared to degree of symptoms following the 2nd dose? It would be interesting to know if the worse you feel, the stronger your response to the vaccine?
wbt5845
AG
FWIW - I had what I thought was a tough reaction to the first one - ran a fever for 24 hours, felt like I had full blown flu for that whole time as well. Was fatigued for a good 48 hours.
WES2006AG
AG
Have you had COVID already? It looks like people who have already had a rough case of COVID are seeing a strong reaction to the first does. This was my experience.
KidDoc
AG
Great article thanks for the link.

From that article:

People shouldn't be perturbed by a lack of vaccine side effects either. As our bodies churn through new information, "some people's immune systems are louder than others'," Marcelin said. But the quiet ones are still hard at work.

---

That is good to know. I figure my immune system should be pretty damn loud after 20 years of sick kids coughing in my face.
WES2006AG
AG
My dad sent me this yesterday which helps explain my strong reaction to the first dose.
wbt5845
AG
WES2006AG said:

Have you had COVID already? It looks like people who have already had a rough case of COVID are seeing a strong reaction to the first does. This was my experience.

No
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
WES2006AG said:

My dad sent me this yesterday which helps explain my strong reaction to the first dose.

Are you my brother?
Wait, never mind, my Dad would have cut out the article and mailed it to me after curating a few others worthy of the first class stamp.
WES2006AG
AG
I was pretty surprised to see that my dad not only knew there was a camera on his phone but actually was able to send a picture with it. I suspect my mom had to assist in the process.
Dad
AG
I had mine yesterday and feel like crap today. I have a bad headache, feel achy all over, and feel tired. If I could get a do over I would get the shot when I am not expected to work the next day. I usually don't have reactions to anything and I assumed I could tough it out if I did. I am able to work but it sucks.
Drip99
AG
Dad said:

I had mine yesterday and feel like crap today. I have a bad headache, feel achy all over, and feel tired. If I could get a do over I would get the shot when I am not expected to work the next day. I usually don't have reactions to anything and I assumed I could tough it out if I did. I am able to work but it sucks.
That's exactly how i felt yesterday. Luckily I was able to take off work but today i am back to 100%
3rd Generation Ag
AG
2nd dose yesterday. Moderna. Arm more sore than first time. Mild fever--about a degree and half higher than my normal. and lethargy. Mild chills, but handed by turning the heat up to 80.
Counterpoint
AG
Was this the first or the second dose? And how long before you started feeling crappy? Get well soon!
Dad
AG
Counterpoint said:

Was this the first or the second dose? And how long before you started feeling crappy? Get well soon!
Second dose. I had it late in the morning and felt fine all day until it was time to go to sleep. I tossed and turned half the night feeling bad and because my arm hurt a bunch. I woke up feeling bad and it just has gotten worse as the day has gone by.

Update: Now I have a true fever for the first time in nearly 20 years. I feel even worse. I don't regret getting the vaccine but it is likely that Covid wouldn't have made me this sick considering that I'm one of those people that never has anything but mild symptoms.
aginlakeway
AG
Got 2nd Moderna dose 3 hours ago. I had no side effects after 1st dose last month.

So we'll see!
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Counterpoint
AG
aginlakeway said:

Got 2nd Moderna dose 3 hours ago. I had no side effects after 1st dose last month.

So we'll see!

Good luck aginlakeway! Very interested in the 12+ hour update.
aginlakeway
AG
Counterpoint said:

aginlakeway said:

So we'll see!

Nothing but a very sore arm after 15 hours.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Counterpoint
AG
aginlakeway said:

Counterpoint said:

aginlakeway said:

So we'll see!

CDub06
AG
Wife got her second Moderna yesterday about noon. Like the first one, it didn't really hurt. Woke up about 5am feverish, chills, and body aches. Got up and decided to just go back to bed. Took some Tylenol & trying to get comfortable now to sleep it off.

Didn't really have effects from the first, but she's been preparing for this with the second.

EDIT: Flu like symptoms lasted the day and she was better the next morning. Nice to know that these side effects are fleeting.
AggieLitigator
CDub06 said:

Wife got her second yesterday about noon. Like the first one, it didn't really hurt. Woke up about 5am feverish, chills, and body aches. Got up and decided to just go back to bed. Took some Tylenol & trying to get comfortable now to sleep it off.

Didn't really have effects from the first, but she's been preparing for this with the second.

Same. Except my incompetent nurse (If she was one) had to stick me three times with a syringe to get this one in. First vaccine was easy. This one the whole experience sucked. Same place but different nurses
aginlakeway
AG
aginlakeway said:

Counterpoint said:

aginlakeway said:

So we'll see!

18 hours since 2nd Moderna dose:

Very sore arm. Pretty bad chills and body aches, which are new. No fever.

aginlakeway
AG
21 hours since 2nd Moderna dose:

Very sore arm. Chills not as bad but running a mild fever. Achy overall.
aginlakeway
AG
24 hours after Moderna second dose.

101.5 fever. Achy. Sucks.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
aginlakeway said:

Have you taken anything for the fever (Tylenol)?

I'm going in tomorrow at 11:45 to get my second dose of Moderna and wondering if there is anything that can be done to lessen the severity...
aginlakeway
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

aginlakeway said:

Have you taken anything for the fever (Tylenol)?

I'm going in tomorrow at 11:45 to get my second dose of Moderna and wondering if there is anything that can be done to lessen the severity...

Tylenol. I'm hoping fever breaks tonight. Been a long day.
nhamp07
AG
8 hours post 2nd dose of Moderna

Arm is starting to hurt. We'll see how this goes.
wbt5845
AG
48 hours post Moderna Dose 2.

Still feel icky but I went for a 5 mile run to hopefully sweat it out, and I don't think it helped.
nhamp07
AG
nhamp07 said:

Chills started at 12 hours post. Fever a short while later. Currently at 102.2
nhamp07
AG
nhamp07 said:

nhamp07 said:

Chills started at 12 hours post. Fever a short while later. Currently at 102.2

Now 103.8. Sucks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.