Side Effects after Booster

27,090 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by farmrag
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are both scheduled tomorrow midday to get dose 1 of Moderna.

All family members except my FIL have gotten the Pfizer so far. FIL is 71. No symptoms first dose. Sore arm and joints second dose but extremely mild.
revvie
AG
Got 2nd dose of Moderna on Thursday. No side effects from first dose. Friday night and Saturday had moderate to severe joint pain. Better Saturday night. Nothing today.
dylan
Got second dose of moderna Thursday. Had a fever of 100 and headache Friday afternoon. Took one Tylenol and then rested. Felt better by Saturday morning. I probably should have taken a Tylenol a little bit earlier Friday afternoon. Had no reaction other than sore arm to the first dose. Reading these posts helped to be prepared and know it passes fairly quickly. Thanks
AgsMyDude
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Anecdotal, but among friends/family/acquaintances, the Moderna 2nd dose seems to be the one kicking people's ass. I dont know anyone who had issues with Pfizer

This theory still seems to be holding up. Most of the stronger reactions on this thread are Moderna #2
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yes, while not exactly apples to apples, I have to think getting 3x the dose from Moderna vs Pfizer has something to do with this. Personal anecdote, but I don't know anyone (including my 80 year old dad) that had anything but the mildest of symptoms from Pfizer - young or old, previous infection or not. But the list of folks I know who got their ass decently kicked (including young and old as well) for a day by moderna #2 is growing pretty long. Obviously better than getting covid tho.
Charpie
AG
I've been in bed most of the day. Headache and feeling crummy are all that I'm feeling.
Tabasco
AG
I posted day after Pfizer #2 that I had a sore arm (2/10 pain). Gone the next morning an no other symptoms.

My mom (81yo) got her Pfizer #2 on Thursday, and only a sore shoulder for day 2.

My mother in law (83yo) reports no side effects from Pfizer #2 on Saturday.
ontherocks
AG
Wife 35 got her 2nd dose of moderna and it got her pretty good. She had severe chills and mild headaches and general aches for 2 days following shot. I had Pfizer and pretty much no side effects for either shot other than very mild arm soreness. So there you have it.
Pooh Ah
AG
Morning #2

Fever 99

Less fatigue, almost feel human

Back and joints still ache
Charpie
AG
Feeling great this morning
AgLiving06
My mom had the second Pfizer shot on Saturday.

Other than pain at the injection site, no issues.
WES2006AG
AG
I was probably going to have a rough reaction either way but reading this thread makes me wish I had gotten the Pfizer over the Moderna.
Fitch
AG
Just get whatever is the first one available to you. The faster vaccine gets into arms, regardless of what brand it is, the faster the new cases decline curve and faster businesses (and life) can get to 100% normal.
cbminers
AG
1/23 - Moderna 1st dose 8am
  • 72 hours of injection site pain similar to flu shot

2/26 - Moderna 2nd Dose 11am
  • ~8 hours; injection site pain set in
  • First night, no issues other than arm pain (worse than a flu shot this time)
  • Woke up hour ~20 feeling fine and figured I got lucky
  • Hours 24-36 - slight fever, chills, muscle tightness all over my body (especially neck, shoulders, and lower back) that felt like I had been in a car wreck. Didn't feel like doing anything
  • Second night; slept fine though a bit uncomfortable because of the stiffness
  • Woke up hour ~44 and felt 90% better
  • By lunch symptoms had 100% resolved

*took no NSAIDs or Tylenol before or after either dose
Charpie
AG
Killer headache setting in. That's the only thing bugging me right now.
WES2006AG
AG
Fitch said:

Just get whatever is the first one available to you. The faster vaccine gets into arms, regardless of what brand it is, the faster the new cases decline curve and faster businesses (and life) can get to 100% normal.
Agree 100% and I am glad that I am fully vaccinated now but given a choice I would have prefered to avoid the side effects. I think a lot of people are going to start having a choice as we get more supply of all of the vaccines.
Pooh Ah
AG
48 hours post vaccine and I'm human again!

No fever no fatigue.
Furlock Bones
AG
Wife and I got first Moderna shot yesterday

Wife: sore at injection site. Less than flu shot for her.

Me: sore at injection. Pain in shoulder joint. Pain peaked between 3-5 hours after the injection. Definitely the sorest I've been from an injection as an adult.
AgsMyDude
AG
Charpie said:

Killer headache setting in. That's the only thing bugging me right now.
How you doing today?
Charpie
AG
Headache is still there, but not nearly as bad. I'm back to work today
Furlock Bones
AG
Over 24 hours later. Arm still sore. But nothing like yesterday. Wife never experienced anything close to me. No fatigue or anything else.
Big Al 1992
AG
Still crazy to think it has been less than a year - I think March 12 was when NBA shut down and everyone else followed - and we have been able to get vaccinated for the last 3 months! And it's not just one but 3 options! Truly great minds working in medicine.
meister13
AG
62 good shape. Pfizer, first sore arm a bit sleepy. Second very tired, went to sleep, sore arm. Next day fine.
BShaneRodgers
AgLiving06
Got shot two of Pfizer on Saturday. Arm was sore for about 24 hours. Some slight fatigue but nothing that stopped me from doing what I wanted, just took a longer nap after Church.

Only other thing is the lymph node under my arm pit is sore. Doesn't seem to be swelling but just sore.
CDub06
AG
Got Pfizer 2 yesterday morning. No problems so far. Arm is a little more sore than last time, but other than that - I'm feeling like Superman.

Update: Felt really sleepy by the end of the day, but finished the evening with a 5k and a good night's sleep. No lingering side effects.
BowSowy
AG
I barely had a sore arm after the first Pfizer dose. I'm now 18 hours after my second Pfizer dose and have more soreness in my arm than last time, but am otherwise feeling great.
BowSowy
AG
I posted too soon. Right at 24 hours after my shot, I started to feel off. Now, I feel like I'm nursing a bad hangover
RVAg02
AG
I'm at hour 24 from second Pfizer dose.

Starting about hour 2, my tongue and cheek started swelling a bit. Kept Benadryl going and it fought it off. Seems to be better this morning.

Arm sore and node under armpit sore. No other symptoms yet.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Got second dose of Moderna at 9:30AM yesterday. Arm where injection was given became sore 12 hours later. Still a bit sore this afternoon. No other issues.
Duncan Idaho
2nd of pfizer 23 hours ago...arm still a little sore but nothing else
Duncan Idaho
I spoke too early. About 25hours after the shot, I got exhausted, started getting chills.
torrid
AG
Aye yai yai. First shot of the Moderna did nothing to me. Had the second dose yesterday morning.

I was tired all day and went to bed with the chills. I woke up a couple hours later drenched in sweat and with 101 degree fever. This morning the fever is gone, but I'm still exhausted.
BShaneRodgers
Anyone have any updates?
farmrag
Had my 2nd shot on March 17th and feel great.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.