Side Effects after Booster

27,105 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by farmrag
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
40 hours after Moderna 2nd dose:

Feel better. No fever. Slept 11 hours last night.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
KidDoc
AG
It seems pretty consistent with my experience.

Roughly 20 hours post vaccine you get chills, body aches, headaches. This lasts roughly 12-18 hours. Then back to normal.

Not fun but a good sign the vaccine is working. I would just plan on doing nothing the day after vaccine so you aren't frustrated.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Drip99
AG
aginlakeway said:

40 hours after Moderna 2nd dose:

Feel better. No fever. Slept 11 hours last night.
Yep...by this evening you will likely feel like nothing ever happened. I had a bad day like you and by lunch the next day was able to ride 10 miles on my exercise bike. Its crazy how fast i bounced back.
aginlakeway
AG
KidDoc said:

Roughly 20 hours post vaccine you get chills, body aches, headaches. This lasts roughly 12-18 hours. Then back to normal.

Not fun but a good sign the vaccine is working. I would just plan on doing nothing the day after vaccine so you aren't frustrated.

Yep. You need you be off the day after you get this.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
GIF Reactor
AG
Still waiting my turn for dose #1...
3rd Generation Ag
AG
If my reaction was mild, does that mean the vaccine is not working?
nhamp07
AG
nhamp07 said:

nhamp07 said:

nhamp07 said:

8 hours post 2nd dose of Moderna

Arm is starting to hurt. We'll see how this goes.

Chills started at 12 hours post. Fever a short while later. Currently at 102.2

Now 103.8. Sucks.
Been hovering around 100 since 8 AM. Should be on the other side. 104 only lasted 2 hours or so.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Just got my second shot... guess we'll see how this goes in the next 24-48hr.
Knucklesammich
MIL got the second Pfizer shot on Friday and had no side effects

Parents got the second Moderna yesterday. Dad has no effects, my mom has the chills and aches (minor) that others have discussed.
wbt5845
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

I'm not a doctor, but from what I've read, it often means the first shot did the trick and you may not have even needed the second shot.
TPS Reports
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

From an article I read by Johns Hopkins....

Quote:

Older adults could experience fewer side effects
While the coronavirus vaccines have been shown to be just as effective in older adults, people age 65 and older experience fewer side effects than younger recipients.

Researchers are still studying why this is the case, but they say it's likely related to the declining immune response that comes with age.

Studies also show that most people experience more severe side effects after their second dose.
Tabasco
AG
That's good info right there, thanks.
aginlakeway
AG
48 hours after Moderna 2nd dose:

100%. Like nothing ever happened.
cc_ag92
AG
17 hours after second dose of Moderna

Very sore arm. I woke up when I rolled onto it. So far, that's it. I do feel like I could be fighting a head cold, you know, just that fuzzy feeling in your head? I know it's likely that I won't feel well later today, so I'm going to get some work done this morning.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

21 hours after second shot. Felt achey and slightly chilled overnight, woke up a few min ago with mild-moderate aches in my whole body but worst in my back (similar to the next day after a bad waterski wipeout), feeling slightly chilled but otherwise fine.

Guess we will see how the day progresses...
Tabasco
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

Tx-Ag2010 said:

21 hours after second shot. Felt achey and slightly chilled overnight, woke up a few min ago with mild-moderate aches in my whole body but worst in my back (similar to the next day after a bad waterski wipeout), feeling slightly chilled but otherwise fine.

Moderna or Pfizer
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Tabasco said:

Tx-Ag2010 said:

Tx-Ag2010 said:

Moderna or Pfizer

Moderna
doctorAg13
AG
Wife had the 2nd Moderna on Thursday. Mild headache and fatigue on Friday, but no chills or fever. Normal by 48 hours. She had a better time of it than I did, but even my experience wasn't that bad (chills and mlld headache with body aches).

Try to get the 2nd vaccine when you don't have to work the next day if possible.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

Tx-Ag2010 said:

30 hours in I'm feeling almost back to normal even set up my rogue power rack and got a short workout in.
Tabasco
AG
So it looks like this thread is 80-85% moderna, and there has been 1.5 bad reaction for Pfizer (point 5 is night sweats one night, which is not that big of a deal). I just did a quick scan and I only saw one Pfizer (much smaller N) that got the fever, chills, aches. Has this been documented anywhere now that we are further along? Only reason I'm asking is I got my 81yo mom and 82yo MIL Pfizer, and am hoping they may be less prone to stronger side effects. I read something that the Moderna had something like a 3x concentration of mRNA, which some presumed might account for different effects.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
Got 1st Moderna yesterday morning. My arm hurts and I got chills today. They were so severe that I had to sit in front of the oven for about 15 minutes.

Lily09
AG
Received my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday morning. Sore arm developed during the day. Fever, chills and body aches around the 12 hour point. Woke up early this morning around 4am drenched in sweat and had one of the worst headaches I've ever had. Took Tylenol and went back to sleep for about an hour. Headache all day today. Getting chills and aches again. I hope this stops by tomorrow morning.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
2nd Moderna on Monday. Sore arm almost immediately. I could feel the pain travel down my arm as I was waiting in my car to leave. They had me rest my arm on the windowsill to inject me instead of letting it hang naturally by my side. Monday and yesterday I couldn't raise it above my shoulder. I still have a sizable bump on my deltoid at the injection site. Arm soreness still there but less sore than yesterday. Body aches and fatigue yesterday but gone today.
aginlakeway
AG
Lily09 said:

Received my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday morning. Sore arm developed during the day. Fever, chills and body aches around the 12 hour point. Woke up early this morning around 4am drenched in sweat and had one of the worst headaches I've ever had. Took Tylenol and went back to sleep for about an hour. Headache all day today. Getting chills and aches again. I hope this stops by tomorrow morning.

You'll be much better tomorrow. The 18-36 hour period after the 2nd dose seems to be the worst part.
sixiron
AG
Got my second Moderna shot on Monday around 2pm. Felt fine all evening but woke up at 2am shivering with my shoulder on fire. Had a 101-103 fever, dizziness, headaches, and fatigue for 36 hours after that 2am wake up but started feeling better pretty quickly after that point.
AggieUSMC
AG
I got my second Pfizer dose mid January. No side effects beyond a sore arm for a day or two.
AgsMyDude
AG
nhamp07 said:

nhamp07 said:

nhamp07 said:

nhamp07 said:

8 hours post 2nd dose of Moderna

Arm is starting to hurt. We'll see how this goes.

Chills started at 12 hours post. Fever a short while later. Currently at 102.2

Now 103.8. Sucks.
Been hovering around 100 since 8 AM. Should be on the other side. 104 only lasted 2 hours or so.

Any update?
BShaneRodgers
My mom got her 2nd Pfizer shot Wednesday at noon. She still doesn't feel good and is achy with a high fever.

Update she said she started feeling a lot better around noon today.
WES2006AG
AG
I am due back on Wednesday with Harris county for my 2nd dose but I have a feeling the weather is going to delay things. Haven't even heard about a scheduled appointment yet.
Sonic5678
AG
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I had s as sore arm only both times. Much more sore with first shot but that may just be due to how relaxed I was at the time. Somewhat fearful it wasn't working like it should - having no symptoms at all.
PJYoung
AG
aginlakeway said:

KidDoc said:

Yep. You need you be off the day after you get this.

I was surprised but my 56 year old brother in law was fine after the 2nd Moderna shot. Worked a full day and was just a little tired.

My 79 year old mother was the same - sore arm but fine.
GinaLinetti
AG
Got my second Pfizer on Monday. Super tired with a slight headache Tuesday but otherwise fine. I was glad I took off just in case, but if there wasn't another option I would have been ok at work
AgsMyDude
AG
My wife had her second Moderna yesterday morning. Very slight chills overnight, nothing else but a sore arm. 32. Took Motrin before bed.
BShaneRodgers
Got my 2nd Pfizer at 3 this afternoon. Will see how I feel in morning.
AggieTailgate84
AG
Wife and I got our second Moderna shots yesterday afternoon. I woke up today feeling achy and a tough headache. Light chills and fever by mid-morning today. Fever never got above 101.4 and around 6 pm fever broke and I think it's behind me now. Still a slight headache.

Wife had minor symptoms along with a super sore arm.

Off to bed now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.