COVID VACCINE

66,568 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by OceanStateAg
motherrunnersBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wouldnt it make more sense to have the drive through for the first dose?
BQ_90
AG
motherrunnersBCS said:

thought they had you wait around to make sure you don't have any bad reactions to the first dose?
trouble
AG
BQ_90 said:

motherrunnersBCS said:

thought they had you wait around to make sure you don't have any bad reactions to the first dose?
Yes, it's recommended that you wait 15 minutes after your first dose because life threatening reactions usually happen within that time frame.
meteorag06
AG
Quote:

Not past 43 days. Got the shot the day they opened the Brazos Center hub -- Feb. 1. Paperwork they provided says second dose must be given within a certain range. They put March 3 as the end of that range and re-scheduled the second dose past that after originally scheduling it for this week.

So you got your shot Feb 1st, is your reschedule is after March 16th? If you're not scheduled past 43 days I don't get the gripe. What am I missing? They haven't received any 2nd doses. How do you expect them to give you one?

nought
BQ_90 said:

motherrunnersBCS said:

They do. Washington County's hub is a drive-through hub. It is run very efficiently. You do pull off and wait for the recommended time.
nought
meteorag06 said:

So you got your shot Feb 1st, is your reschedule is after March 16th? If you're not scheduled past 43 days I don't get the gripe. What am I missing? They haven't received any 2nd doses. How do you expect them to give you one?

Thank you. That is reassuring. It is contrary to the guidelines they printed in the paperwork they gave me, which made it sound very important that the second dose be in-arm by the 3rd.

Most places are using the doses they have in-hand as second doses to keep from having to re-schedule people. I think that must be too complicated for the locals, as they apparently don't even have a plan in place yet for what to do with second doses when they do receive them.

It is frustrating to hear of open appointment slots for those 7000 doses though when I got pushed a week.
meteorag06
AG
I thought I had heard that the State sends does and labels them "1st doses" vs "2nd doses". They aren't just giving places vaccines and saying do what you want with them. If that is true, then I can see how they are a little hamstringed.

I'll look for the interview where I think they explained it that way. Also I remember them saying if they are given 3000 doses on Feb 1st, then they will get another 3000 doses for the second dose 3-5 weeks later. So even if they get 4000 on your week you were supposed to get your 2nd dose those are allotted for 1st round. Hope I remember correctly.
theNetSmith
AG
I got a surprise phone call this evening from someone at the vaccination call center, asking me if I would like to schedule an appointment for my first dose. Well, hell yes, I would like to schedule an appointment. Going at 5:30 tomorrow at the Brazos Center. Woohoo!
localag242
Washington Counties hub is awesome. Our useless hub register five weeks ago with confirmation and then 5 weeks later get email have to register again. Washington County register Saturday, get confirmation, get to schedule vaccine on Saturday and got vaccinated today.
TommyBrady
AG
Some people refuse to acknowledge that our local and county government officials suck and for the most part steal money from us for doing such a ****ty job.
OceanStateAg
AG
Received my email this evening to schedule my first does at the Brazos Center and set up an appointment for later this week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.