Amazon prime deliveries to CS

37,819 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MiMi
Rearview
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just placed an order for 77845 and it says Friday. wow. we'll see...
theNetSmith
AG
I bought a small appliance on walmart.com yesterday at 12:42pm, and it is already on a truck for delivery this morning!

Tracking info:

• 10/01 5:47 am -- BRYAN, TX -- On FedEx vehicle for delivery
  • 10/01 5:41 am -- BRYAN, TX -- At local FedEx facility
  • 9/30 10:52 pm -- HUTCHINS, TX -- Departed FedEx location
  • 9/30 6:37 pm -- HUTCHINS, TX -- Arrived at FedEx location
  • 9/30 5:14 pm -- HUTCHINS, TX -- Picked up
  • 9/30 2:24 pm -- Shipment information sent to FedEx

Some things of note:

a) the item detail page specified that this item is "sold and shipped by Walmart" (this appears just below the shipping options on the website -- not sure about app) -- if it had been purchased from a 3rd party, it's likely the shipping wouldn't have been so efficient

b) ironically, at the time I placed the order, the site said I was too late for Next Day Delivery, but I didn't care -- I was still excited at the prospect of a 2-day delivery.. then, boom!.. sir, you get 1-day delivery anyway because that's just how it worked out.. woohoo!

c) obviously, this item was available at a 'nearby' (DeSoto) Walmart distribution center, and the USPS wasn't involved in the shipping pipeline

I haven't looked into the Walmart+ thing yet, but I don't know how it could get any better than this experience.
theNetSmith
AG
forgot to mention that the order came with free shipping
dubi
AG
I made an Amazon Prime purchase on 9/29 and it said delivery Friday. However I received it yesterday in the actual 2 days.
Counterpoint
AG
I think Walmart uses FedEx every time. Their one day delivery is awesome.
Tailgate88
AG
Well......cross your fingers. All my Prime items are showing two day delivery now. I just ordered some coffee, we'll see if it shows up on time!
Ronniecoleman30
AG
Had my first Walmart order delayed, guess who the last leg of shipment is with. This last month I have ordered a dozen items from Walmart this is the first to use usps for the final part of shipment.
java94
AG
I only ordered from Amazon once during September, and it showed shipped, but never updated again. Within a week or less, they offered me a refund. I ordered two items on Friday afternoon, one being the same thing I ordered in September, and both say arriving Monday. No update that they've even shipped yet, but we'll see.
navymom
Just ordered several items now (6pm Saturday) and Amazon days Monday delivery. Amazon even claimed I have 10 more hours to decide (which would make it a 1.5 day delivery!) Looks good!
Tailgate88
AG
My coffee arrived yesterday (Sunday). Two days. Maybe the great Amazon Delivery Delay scandal of 2020 is behind us.
java94
AG
One of my two packages arrived on time today... The other didn't make it. Hope it shows up tomorrow.
Counterpoint
AG
1 Day delivery is back for 77845 (for items I just ordered, at least)!
BQ_90
AG
said my stuff was delivered yesterday; they are now saying wait it should be delivered monday.
JP76
Ordered something Monday
Said Wednesday delivery
Wednesday came and the delivery changed to Friday
Item was delivered on Friday

Muzzleblast

My last two deliveries scheduled for a Saturday weren't delivered.

I get a notice that USPS had an "issue" with the delivery.

The issue seems to be Saturday. I was home. Gates are open.

They never attempted to deliver.
histag10
AG

1 day shipping on an item ordered Tuesday. Wont be delivered until next Monday

And here I thought Bryan wasnt having issues...
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Showing a week on some items when I checked today. So weird.
threecatcorner
Just got something delivered quickly; ordered Tuesday just before 5, delivered Thursday morning (albeit to not quite the right address; mail carrier didn't read it all the way or notice that the name on the box wasn't where they delivered it; I saw the "delivered" message on Amazon and post office websites but nothing in our mailbox or on our porch so had to go check with neighbors).
java94
AG
2nd package still at post office since Monday at 1am. Amazon is offering a refund, but its not much and I want the package. Willing to wait it out to see if it ever gets delivered.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I ordered something on Thursday and Amazon says Sunday delivery (tomorrow)???
TLIAC
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I ordered something on Thursday and Amazon says Sunday delivery (tomorrow)???
They frequently deliver on Sunday.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Yep. I got it at 0830!
techno-ag
AG
Some of the delivery issues stem from who is selling. Over half of all sales on Amazon are through third party vendors. If they don't have good shipping arrangements in place, you're not getting it fast.
MsDoubleD81
AG
The 2 issues I've had have been College Station post office related. They've gotten packages, sat on them, then returned them to Amazon.
armymom
Same for me and received it 9am today!
doubledog
Now the CSPO is having issues with DHL. Tracking on my package from DHL told me that the CSPO received my item on OCT 9. Package arrived in my mailbox OCT 14. 5 days to sort and send the item out for delivery.
histag10
AG
Finally got my package from Amazon. Unfortunately they shipped me peanut butter protein bars instead of broadheads for hunting....
java94
AG
It's been nearly two weeks, and still nothing on my second package... It's cheap, so I'm inclined to let it just sit as long as possible to see if it finally shake out... There is some discrepancy between Amazon's tracking and USPS's tracking... Amazon shows it arriving in CS, while USPS does not.

law80
AG
Looks like they are just putting the same crap down for everyone. Here is a screen shot for our package that didn't get here yet. Same times and dates and locations as yours.

techno-ag
AG
Chose the slow delivery Tuesday for a package to get the digital credit. Estimated delivery was next week. Came yesterday. Love Amazon.
java94
AG
Quite possibly sitting in the same FedEx box or pallet that hasn't been opened fir distribution yet... Very frustrating.
java94
AG
Then there is this... Subscribe and save order came through no problem... Still no movement on my previous order.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9rcCDBqJBwWftv84A
Koko Chingo
AG
For the past few weeks I have not had any issues with Amazon. I started shipping stuff back to my house in College Station versus my mom's in Bryan. It is back to normal..... until the XMAS rush.
textar4404
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon no longer shows you the actual tracking number for shipments in the track order screen?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Has anyone else noticed that Amazon no longer shows you the actual tracking number for shipments in the track order screen?
I placed an order Wednesday evening. Showed prime delivery on Saturday. I received a text yesterday that it was shipped and still scheduled to be delivered Saturday. I just checked the track order info and it gives me the USPS tracking number (package arrived Amazon facility in Katy early this morning).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.