Amazon prime deliveries to CS

37,806 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MiMi
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I live in N. Grimes County.

My orders sat for so long that I cancelled and reordered. Still nothing. Just sits there.

Seems Amazon is overwhelmed. Two day shipping has turned into two day shipping when we decide to fill the order. After that it could be a week or so. UPS or PO seems not to matter here.
spicyitalian
AG
After looking at the tracking history. It doesn't seem the post office is directly to blame. Between Aug 30 when my part was ordered, it took two days for Amazon to initially ship it. It went to three different Amazon facilities in the next 7 days. It got to the CSPO 6:46am today and was out for delivery by 8:12am. My mail usually comes 12:30-1:30, so we'll see, but that definitely seems like Amazon farted around for all of that delay.

ETA: Finally delivered today. Mail was running really late though.

Doh! and double Doh! Forgot today was a holiday for most people. So there was no mail, but there was Amazon mail.
gigem92
AG
My issue was definitely not with the post office. My package got to the Amazon facility in Humble and then just magically disappeared. Really frustrating especially since it contained a lot of the decorations formy daughter's dorm room.

Have to say, this is the first time something I ordered from Amazon has been lost and they were very quick to issue a refund.

Still, it pisses me off that it just disappeared into thin air.
montegobay
I don't think this is just a USPS issue. Sunday has become my Prime delivery day. So no matter when I order, they ship around Friday for Sunday delivery.

May be time to cancel Prime. Not sure this is what I signed on for.
motherrunnersBCS
Walmart delivery has done better for me than Amazon. And no extra charge.
trouble
AG
The default now is for an "Amazon" delivery day but you can change the day or opt to have it delivered as soon as possible.

Stuff I ordered last night shipped this morning and should be here Wednesday.
montegobay
I'm not getting an option anymore. Sunday is when it's coming. Period.
02atthelake
I made my way up the chain at Amazon customer service and they looked at several of my orders - all are delivering 6-7 days after order is placed. Like many have already said, there is a carrier delay. We only have USPS and UPS that deliver here and they are backlogged. Apparently the Amazon system is taking this into account with our quoted delivery dates. The system is delaying processing by 1-2 days in the warehouse facility, and then the carriers are delaying receipt of bulk shipments from those facilities which adds several more days onto the order. Unfortunately, they said to not expect anything to change until order volumes return to normal. This does point to a problem with specific postal facilities if Bryan and Grimes county residents aren't experiencing the same issues. In cities/areas with alternative carriers or Amazon carriers, this is not an issue. I miss 2-day shipping!!
UmustBKidding
If they would put in some amazon lockers here I am sure they would have customers happy to go fetch their package themselves to cut the days off and amazon could cut the post office completely out of the payment loop.
Maybe postal plus or someone like that could start a service to rent us an address in Bryan we could use with Amazon until this blows over.
Tailgate88
AG
I placed two separate orders today, and both said they would be delivered on 9/15. That's a week - ridiculous. I'm in 77845. I chatted with Amazon support and complained so they refunded me $12.99 (one month of prime, although I'm on the annual plan.)

My renewal is June 5 ... don't think I'll do it if they are taking a week to get stuff to me.
trouble
AG
trouble said:

The default now is for an "Amazon" delivery day but you can change the day or opt to have it delivered as soon as possible.

Stuff I ordered last night shipped this morning and should be here Wednesday.

It's actually out for delivery today instead.
cz308
Same here for 77845, ours is taking a week to arrive. Seems that the items do not ship for days and when it does, it's coming from out of state instead of Humble/Houston.
WheelinAg
AG
I had a bunch of items that delivered today instead of later in the week. The new problem I have is that they aren't delivering certain items here anymore. If I chose my parents house, they could be delivered there. Amazon doesn't tell you this til checkout either.
Tailgate88
AG
Just tried to order some pet treats. Estimated delivery to 77845 - September 19th. I changed the address to a 77802 address that I had some stuff delivered to once, and it changed delivery to Friday 9/11.

What the heck? Are we to believe that the post office at 77845 is stacked to the ceiling with Amazon packages and they aren't sending them anymore until they deliver the ones they've got?
theNetSmith
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Just tried to order some pet treats. Estimated delivery to 77845 - September 19th. I changed the address to a 77802 address that I had some stuff delivered to once, and it changed delivery to Friday 9/11.

What the heck? Are we to believe that the post office at 77845 is stacked to the ceiling with Amazon packages and they aren't sending them anymore until they deliver the ones they've got?
if you didn't live on the fringes of 77845..
Tailgate88
AG
theNetSmith said:

Tailgate88 said:

if you didn't live on the fringes of 77845..
Nope that's not it. I put an address in for another client that is two blocks from the CS Post office and it still says the 19th. It's gotta be by Zip code.
threecatcorner
It's stupid. They need to just go ahead and ship stuff. When they finally bother to throw stuff in a box and ship it, the actual shipping time for the post office, UPS, or the combination is still normal. The slowdown is from Amazon.
benchmark
AG
I recently had a problem with both Amazon and CS post office. Tracking showed my package started at Shwert, TX, stopped in Austin, OHIO, Houston, and Humble before finally hitting the post office at 3 AM Sunday morning. It was supposed to be delivered on Sunday. Notified out for delivery. Then at 4:30, Undeliverable. Later switched to Available for pick up. So Monday morning I go to the PO, wait in line (no one at pkg pickup), to be told it will be delivered later. I ask can't I just pick it up since I'm here and it's not on the truck? 5 min later he reports they are still going through the bins and he can't find it. Said they are still processing stuff from the previous Friday. I asked why the confusing tracking updates. He said the supervisor is allowed to manipulate the tracking status to take the package "off the clock" when they can't deliver as planned. I asked if people are out sick or is it lack of personnel. He said a lack of personnel.

Bottom line: My package was delivered a day late. Amazon and the PO messed up. IMHO, since the item originated in TX, it would normally have been 2-day shipping.
JP76
JP76 said:

Ordered something yesterday and shipped to CS address and it said Sept 12 with prime.

Canceled it this morning and reordered same item and shipped to a family member in Bryan and delivery is Sept 9 now.

So definitely seems to be some kind of issue with the CS USPS location and not Amazon specific

I wonder if there is a backlog of deliveries at or coming out of CS USPS perhaps due to the recent influx of students ?

The Sept 9 package showed up yesterday as shown
Muzzleblast
I'm on day 5 with two orders stuck in Amazon jail.

No updates. Just "not shipped yet"

Says they'll email me when they do something with it.
JP76
What zip code ?
nought
AG
I ordered something small (to zip 77845) from Amazon on the 1st. They got around to shipping it out on the 5th.

I happened to check my account today (no email notification from them on this one) and saw the following:

Undeliverable

Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Shipped with USPS

Monday, September 7
5:05 PM
Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
Dallas, TX US
4:29 PM
Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
Dallas, TX US
10:26 AM
Package damaged and returning to shipper.

Sunday, September 6
8:11 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility
Wilmington, OH US
1:07 AM
Package departed an Amazon facility
Wilmington, OH US
Saturday, September 5
10:54 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility
Wilmington, OH US
10:16 PM
Package has left the carrier facility
Wilmington, OH US
1:03 PM
Package has left the carrier facility
Campbellsville, KY US

Package has shipped
Campbellsville, KY US
Muzzleblast
LOYAL AG
AG
threecatcorner said:

It's stupid. They need to just go ahead and ship stuff. When they finally bother to throw stuff in a box and ship it, the actual shipping time for the post office, UPS, or the combination is still normal. The slowdown is from Amazon.
That doesn't explain why 77808 is five days faster than 77845. Amazon is going to ship when it needs to ship to get the item to the local PO at the agreed upon time. They aren't perfect but they're a hell of a lot better than USPS. If you're experiencing a five day delay before it leaves Amazon I'm going to assume it's because USPS has asked for that delay. Amazon didn't suddenly forget how to ship to College Station, TX but remember how to ship to Bryan, TX.
Aggieland Proud
AG
If you saw the article in the Bryan Eagle this morning about mail delivery problems at the Langford facility, something tells me that there is an attitude problem at the CS post office. Sounds like a postwoman has a problem having her temp taken so that she can enter the facility to deliver the mail. She'd rather not do her job. (I'm an old; someone will hopefully help out linking the article if it's wanted).

Not saying that issues at the post office are the source of all the problems, but could very well explain some it. I'm experiencing the same issues the rest of you are so not trying to excuse or defend Amazon.
UmustBKidding
I talked to a local UPS store franchisee yesterday and he indicated that UPS has also asked Amazon to moderate the volume into CS. Don't know if this is true so called someone I know at a very high level in UPS. This is not there area and could not say if its true but gave their insight from days at the company. They explained that shipping companies are not warehousing companies. They have to have some method of flow control, especially with someone the size of Amazon. When you ship a box the need to get it on a vehicle to the local sorting center so it can begin its journey, but once it leaves the dropoff location it needs to keep moving. It can't sit in the hub it need to come off the vehicle and move directly into something headed to the next location, its not a warehouse. If there is not a place(vehicle) for to go its a problem and also one of the reasons things disappear since they have minimal elastic in the flow process. If there is a location that has constrained resources they try to throttle it at the source not the destination. They indicated they also try to tell people areas are constrained (like disaster areas) to both moderate expectations and also give them a reason to consider alternate methods of getting their item delivered. I don't know what the true Amazon volume is but its huge. A number the local guy gave me might be a clue to how big it really is. He indicated they his store processes between 300 and 500 Amazon Returns a DAY. So how many are delivered to local purchasers and not returned, to me sounds like many 10's of thousands. So it may not just be a USPS issue. They indicated that the zipcode is likely the lowest level they can control by. If there is a flow issue to a zip code be it staffing, weather, or just volume they will ask that the shipper dial it back. We are not privy to the Amazon agreements but they likely include cost reductions for the right to have them control volume when its problematic for the shipping company. So everyone's outrage may be fixing the problem, at least for the shipping company. They are running at near capacity, typically the most profitable case and we are considering other options which may remove the need to add staff and equipment in these uncertain times.
Of course outrage is not good for Amazon but loosing some sales but saving big on shipping contracts may be worth taking that risk. Amazon is adding infrastructure constantly to be in control of their own destiny. Contracted 6 more 767's yesterday. Personally think local lockers would for sure help the situation.
Transpiration and Logistics is BIG and not easy. I don't have an answer, and this is not going to be the last issue with it. The IATA came out and said they expect to need 8000 airliner size aircraft worldwide dedicated to delivering corona virus vaccines if only one dose per person is needed. So the 100 or so that Amazon would not even dent that undertaking.
We need some entrepreneur in Bryan to give is addresses to have our Chinese sourced trinkets from amazon to be delivered to.
Tailgate88
AG
UmustBKidding said:

They indicated they also try to tell people areas are constrained (like disaster areas) to both moderate expectations and also give them a reason to consider alternate methods of getting their item delivered.
So you're saying the CS Post Office is a disaster area?

Well, who is looking to start a new business? Looks like there is a heck of an opportunity here.

https://logistics.amazon.com/marketing/getting-started
WheelinAg
AG
Our business amazon prime is working normal, 1-2 days. My personal account to the same address is a week for the same items. We're in 77801 by the Honda Shop.
theNetSmith
AG
On Tuesday, I placed an Amazon Prime order for 2 items to be shipped to 77845. One is supposed to be delivered Monday (6 days) and the other says 9/14-15 (6-7 days). Tracking for both items shows no movement yet (neither has reached the "shipped" stage).

We shall see.
Midtown SAHD
There has to be something about USPS. The headphones I ordered last Wednesday, shipped yesterday out of Humble and were delivered today. They sat on the order for a week. I'm pretty frustrated because that is really unacceptable to hold a package for an entire week.
cz308
I hit them up on amazon chat yesterday and got no where because the idiot wouldn't admit that there is an issue. Spent 15 minutes arguing with them. Good thing I didn't have anything else to do at the time.
benchmark
AG
Is Amazon routing more packages through USPS than UPS now? It seems like it to me. Did the UPS contract get too expensive? Or was there just too much volume for them to handle expeditiously? USPS added to the mix has only made it worse. I agree something is up with our local Post Office which is making even worse. This slow down is on par with the original coronavirus delays and worse than Christmas delivery times, in my opinion.
Muzzleblast
I'm on day 6 for two orders Amazon hasn't filled and shipped so I can't gripe about delivery service yet.

MeKnowNot
77845 - It's not just Amazon.

I have had several non-Amazon orders via UPS lately that don't arrive on-time and in one case, not at all. Typical to get a UPS notification on Monday that your package will arrive Tuesday. Tuesday evening, no delivery, just another email that the delivery has been re-scheduled for Wednesday. No package or email Wednesday, package gets delivered Thursday or Friday.
Tailgate88
AG
I had an item to return, and because it was my fault I was expecting to pay the shipping. But there was a new option - take it to Kohl's and free shipping, or pay UPS $8 to return it. Well all right, I'm driving right by Kohls sometime this week, why not? Yesterday I get out of the car at Kohl's and notice there is another guy carrying an Amazon package into the store. I just followed him , and at the back there is a full-time employee at an Amazon returns booth with an entire stack of packages and two people in line ahead of me. I asked the guy how many packages they return on an average day and he said 200-300.

That's JUST at Kohl's. There are three UPS stores in town too, plus I imagine some people who just ship it back themselves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.