Amazon prime deliveries to CS

37,732 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MiMi
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tailgate88 said:

I had an item to return, and because it was my fault I was expecting to pay the shipping. But there was a new option - take it to Kohl's and free shipping, or pay UPS $8 to return it. Well all right, I'm driving right by Kohls sometime this week, why not? Yesterday I get out of the car at Kohl's and notice there is another guy carrying an Amazon package into the store. I just followed him , and at the back there is a full-time employee at an Amazon returns booth with an entire stack of packages and two people in line ahead of me. I asked the guy how many packages they return on an average day and he said 200-300.

That's JUST at Kohl's. There are three UPS stores in town too, plus I imagine some people who just ship it back themselves.

And there's usually only like 2 people shopping at Kohl's (even pre-Covid) every time I go to make an Amazon return.
Tailgate88
AG
Counterpoint said:

Tailgate88 said:

I had an item to return, and because it was my fault I was expecting to pay the shipping. But there was a new option - take it to Kohl's and free shipping, or pay UPS $8 to return it. Well all right, I'm driving right by Kohls sometime this week, why not? Yesterday I get out of the car at Kohl's and notice there is another guy carrying an Amazon package into the store. I just followed him , and at the back there is a full-time employee at an Amazon returns booth with an entire stack of packages and two people in line ahead of me. I asked the guy how many packages they return on an average day and he said 200-300.

That's JUST at Kohl's. There are three UPS stores in town too, plus I imagine some people who just ship it back themselves.

And there's usually only like 2 people shopping at Kohl's (even pre-Covid) every time I go to make an Amazon return.

Forgot to mention, my Amazon return receipt had a 25% coupon for Kohls. So the wife is going shopping tomorrow for birthday presents for the grandkids.
MemphisAg1
AG
Normally work in Atlanta, but been working from my home in CS since March. Forwarded all my mail here, and I noticed some of it wasn't showing up... just resolved the issue electronically instead.

Well guess what showed up today? About 50 pieces of mail that have apparently sat in the CS post office, some from May and June that were clearly stamped in Atlanta then, forwarded to CS, where they apparently sat in "mail hell" until today.

We're having similar Amazon issues that others describe on here, 77845.

The issue is clearly the CS post office.
histag10
AG
We moved from CS to outside of Bryan last summer. 4 months ago I got bombarded with mail that never actually got forwarded out of the CS post office.

It did contain a precious birthday card from my aging grandparents, so that was nice.
momlaw
AG
77845 is absolutely Mail Hell.
Ask the residents of The Langford, retirement facility.
They had no mail for over a week, many of them get their meds by mail.
No outbound mail to pay those bills on time.
Requested meeting with 77845 Postmaster, was set, then they were stood up.
Eventually a weeks worth of mail was delivered unsorted, that was earlier this week.
Those are the high points of their exasperating experiences, which are not resolved to my knowledge.

My experience waiting in line and being shushed away rang of political work slowdown.
momlaw
FlyRod
Dang...even more happy to live in the 77802. Have yet to experience an Amazon Prime issue. Weirdly, stuff has actually been showing up days BEFORE the expected delivery.
histag10
AG
I just read the KBTX article about that. So sad...
momlaw
AG
My friend pointed out it is not an issue at Crestview.
Responded Crestview is Bryan. Different Zip.

Interestingly, about a year ago 77845 had new leadership, temporary, I was told.
Attitudes changed. Customer service was front and center.
Even the counter jockey who was perpetually in a no good, rotten, foul mood was smiling and chatting.

No mas.
momlaw
theNetSmith
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Normally work in Atlanta, but been working from my home in CS since March.

Username does not check out.
Muzzleblast
After trying to get Amazon to fill orders I created a WalMart.com account.

Just delivered via FedEx. 3 days from order to delivery.

Both Amazon orders still not filled. No estimated shipping date. Day 6.

Counterpoint
AG
Muzzleblast said:

After trying to get Amazon to fill orders I created a WalMart.com account.

Just delivered via FedEx. 3 days from order to delivery.

Both Amazon orders still not filled. No estimated shipping date. Day 6.

I switched to Walmart too. They've been great so far. The funny thing about them is they have free next day shipping, but the deadline for next day is ridiculous some days, like 2AM or something.
mhnatt
We began using the Walmart app as well because of this all. Working much better so far.
Smeghead4761
I have a friend who lives in Castlegate, so 77845. She ordered a Fire Stick from Amazon, Prime delivery.

So that's an Amazon product, bought from Amazon, shipped Prime. And one that should ship in a fairly small package.

2 weeks for delivery.

I live in Bryan, 77808. I lost the remote for my Fire Stick. Ordered a new one, and it arrived in 2 days. (And I found the old one 2 days after that.)
Rearview
AG
My prime was up for renewal on sept 11. I didn't renew. My tiny protest that they won't care about.
JP76
Just ordered a phone case

77845 was Sept 22 delivery

Sent it to 77802 instead and delivery is Sept 15

threecatcorner
Recent orders say "one-day delivery" but the delivery estimates are a week, not a day. At the end of August, it was actually 1 or 2 days.

I'm guessing they don't honor anything about marking deliveries as late and getting refunds since they keep changing the estimates to match what they are doing. When they don't even bother to mail stuff out until the original delivery date, it's pretty much a given that it can't arrive in time, but they edit it so that other then the "one-day shipping" lie there is nothing to indicate that it was ever supposed to be earlier than whenever it eventually arrives.
threecatcorner
Just looked it up. Prime isn't up for renewal until near the end of March.

Kinda seems like I should be getting half of that membership fee back since prime isn't actually making anything faster these days.
Ronniecoleman30
AG
Just canceled my prime membership, I have been using Wal-Mart this last month for orders and they have all arrived on time. I have had some prime orders canceled by Amazon, others delayed and others after ordered say we will email once shipped.

I have been a prime member almost 15 years and they have been awesome with subscribe and save and Amazon mom. Its just time for a change until they fix this shipping problem.
threecatcorner
I would totally understand if things were delayed because they were originating in an area that's affected by wildfires or a hurricane or something, but the fact that they're only delaying things to our CS zip codes and not doing the same to Bryan, so whatever is going on is based on the delivery location (which isn't in a wildfire, hurricane, etc.) is insane.

If it is related to the post office, I noticed in that KBTX story about mail problems at the Langford, it said that we did have a good postmaster in CS until recently when we got a replacement who caused their problems. I think it's about the same timeframe of when Amazon deliveries to this area started being extra slow because of them not even sending stuff out. I guess he told them not to ship our stuff in a timely fashion. Seems insane. Maybe if Amazon loses a lot of business, they'll reverse course, but I don't know how much it would take to actually have an impact.
Brazos1865
AG
We're having similar delays in 77808. Just cancelled a phone case order that was placed on September 4, and has not shipped. Cancelled two additional orders this weekend that had been ordered for about a week and had not shipped.

Dropped the Prime membership this weekend as well. If they can't get a product out quickly, they're not of much use.

Convenience and short arrival times are why we used them. Amazon is longer meeting our expectations.
BVMom
I think Amazon shipping system is linked in with USPS. That is how it generates the dates of delivery.

Last week I was going to order something from Amazon. With my default address in 77845, it generated a delivery date of September 18. I change the address to my sister in Brenham and it arrived the next day. It was delivered by USPS. That tells me the problem is not at the point the shipping was initiated. It is somewhere in the chain.
nought
AG
Life hack: try creating a shipping address in Amazon that is your actual address in 77845, but put 77802 as the zip code. Amazon will try to correct it, but choose the option to keep the 77802 address.

Poof -- your shipping estimate will drop several days, and Amazon will ship your package out sooner. The post office will figure out the zip code is a mistake and get your package to you anyway.
Brazos1865
AG
I'm curious...

Most seem to be linking their Amazon shipments to USPS. Almost all of our orders ship via UPS, occasionally FedEx.

Most folks here receive Amazon orders via USPS?
benchmark
AG
Brazos1865 said:

I'm curious...

Most seem to be linking their Amazon shipments to USPS. Almost all of our orders ship via UPS, occasionally FedEx.

Most folks here receive Amazon orders via USPS?
Many years ago, all my Amazon purchases were shipped UPS. Now, and it's only a guess but I will be paying more attention, maybe half are finished out with USPS.
Brazos1865
AG
Yeah, the Smartpost and Surepost options drive me crazy, as they can add a week to delivery times. I'll pay extra to avoid them, if that's an option.
theNetSmith
AG
nought said:

Life hack: try creating a shipping address in Amazon that is your actual address in 77845, but put 77802 as the zip code. Amazon will try to correct it, but choose the option to keep the 77802 address.

Poof -- your shipping estimate will drop several days, and Amazon will ship your package out sooner. The post office will figure out the zip code is a mistake and get your package to you anyway.
that is how you work the system!
JayHowdy!
theNetSmith said:

nought said:

Nice tip. I had to cancel two Prime shipments last week due the fact that they had been stalled somewhere in the delivery process.
techno-ag
AG
theNetSmith said:

nought said:

Agreed. It ranks up there with giving a Houston address to DirecTV to get the Houston channels.
Rearview
AG
nought said:

I just ordered something this way. Shipping estimate went from the 21st to the 16th. I'll report back.
montegobay
I just ordered a couple of things that Amazon was out of stock on from Walmart.com. It will be here Wednesday according to the email I received. Free shipping. If this continues, I certainly will not renew my Prime membership.
Koko Chingo
AG
I have been keeping up with this thread. I am an Amazon Prime member in 77840. When I shop on Amazon, all prime items show exactly a 7 day arrival time.

I was at my mom's house on Sunday afternoon, age restricted area 77802. She needed some batteries. I jumped on my phone and the Amazon branded batteries showed a 7 day delivery date.

Because of this post, I changed the shipping address to her house (77802). The arrival date changed to next day. She received them this afternoon just under 24 hours from placing the order.

It is hard to believe this is on the post office because everything else I order still takes 2 days in transit. It sits for 5 days before it is shipped. With it being specifically College Station it almost feels personal. Does Jeff Bezos ex-wife have any family that are Aggies and he is taking it our on us?
momlaw
AG
The College Station PO is the problem.
They don't unload and sort.
momlaw
MiMi
S
Quote:

The College Station PO is the problem.

They don't unload and sort.
There must be more to it because there is also a delay in shipping from Amazon when ordered from a CS zip code.
UmustBKidding
As discussed before Amazon is holding items to CS zip codes at both USPS & UPS's request due to system overload.
MiMi
S
Quote:

As discussed before Amazon is holding items to CS zip codes at both USPS & UPS's request due to system overload.
Yep. We are all aware. But the bigger questions is why is CS being affected but Bryan and nearby zip codes are not?? Why is this 'overload' so targeted?

I have been using Amazon Prime for many years. Since March, I have placed over 70 orders thru Amazon Prime. It has only been recently that the slowdown is noticeable. I cannot believe that the system is only now being overloaded. I believe that this has to be more than than the effects from coronavirus.

Edited to add - I randomly checked delivery dates to previously ordered items (including some items I ordered during the peak of the shutdown) and it's currently showing a 'prime' delivery on Sept 23 - 9 days! When I originally ordered them, they were delivered within a few days

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.