Amazon prime deliveries to CS

37,812 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MiMi
Ukraine Gas Expert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried the hack, sent to Bryan, out for delivery, now rerouted to Dallas. WTF?!
benchmark
AG
Monday ordered pet brush from Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon. To be delivered next Monday. Tuesday ordered the same item with Bryan Zip Code hack. To be delivered this Friday. Canceled original order. I was able to cancel over 24 hours from the time the order was placed because it hadn't been packed and shipped yet. The order with the Bryan Zip Code was all the way to Humble within 24 hours. I will edit/update as events unfold.

Update: Wednesday received USPS tracking number, shipped, to be delivered tomorrow - Thursday.

Update: The package reached Humble, TX at noon Wednesday.

Update: The package arrived in Bryan at 6 am Thursday.

Update: 8 am Thursday messages from Bryan: Undeliverable- Person or location unknown; Package held by carrier as the delivery address is incorrect; Package forwarded to a different delivery address; An address redirection agreement is in place between the customer and the carrier, your parcel will be forwarded to the requested address. The delivery date may have changed from the original estimate.

Update: 12:30 am transferred to college station post office

Update: 7:10 am out for delivery Friday

Bottom line: Hack was still faster than the original estimated delivery to College Station. Hopefully, hack it no longer necessary!

lockett93
AG
benchmark said:

Monday ordered pet brush from Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon. To be delivered next Monday. Today ordered the same item with Bryan Zip hack. To be delivered this Friday. Canceled original order. I will edit/update as events unfold.

The real question here is: Why aren't the products leaving the Amazon warehouse? Is this an Amazon glitch or is CS USPS dictating the delays?

KBTX should do a story and investigate.

cz308
lockett93 said:

Is this an Amazon glitch or is CS USPS dictating the delays?

Absolutely! Do a story on something worth reporting.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Why did my stuff reroute to Dallas? Still hasn't shown up when I changed the zip code.

Also, I've started using Walmart.
Tailgate88
AG
lockett93 said:

benchmark said:

Monday ordered pet brush from Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon. To be delivered next Monday. Today ordered the same item with Bryan Zip hack. To be delivered this Friday. Canceled original order. I will edit/update as events unfold.

The real question here is: Why aren't the products leaving the Amazon warehouse? Is this an Amazon glitch or is CS USPS dictating the delays?

News@kbtx.com
nought
AG
Tailgate88 said:

News@kbtx.com

Oxymoron of the day. (No offense to you, Tailgate88!)
fcag
AG
Have done the 77802 trick for 77845 six times in the last week. All orders initially showed two day delivery to 77802, compared to eight day delivery for 77845.

One order arrived in two days.
Two orders arrived in three days.
One order showed that it was delivered in two days, but wasn't. USPS Informed delivery shows it will be delivered tomorrow (four days).
Two more orders show delivery is scheduled for tomorrow (two days) but will likely end up being Thursday (three days).

Still much better than eight day delivery.

Also, half of the packages have had hand writing on the address stating "Misdelivered".
The_Professional
I haven't ordered anything yet, but it's crazy how just changing the zip lowers the delivery time. And to think that people want to save the USPS.... Things were great when mail was processed in Bryan.
spicyitalian
AG
The good news about CSPO is, I'm still getting my junk mail on time.
motherrunnersBCS
I imagine Bryan PO will eventually get just as backed up as CS. I don't recommend the hack. However if you know anybody that you trust who lives in 77802, ask them if you can have your Amazon packages sent to them, in their name. I have had 4 packages delivered to a relative. Yes, I had to drive over. I just waited until all the packages were delivered, drove over, had a nice driveway visit. Still got my packages sooner that the estimated time to 77845. Send to a relative, send to your office, send to a friend? If enough of us do this, it will spread out the package zip codes and maybe 77845 will get back to normal.
trouble
AG
No, they'll just get tired of sending a truck across town and just send them back through the north Houston distribution center instead.
dubi
AG
My mom lives in 77802 so I'm just ordering stuff to her house for now.
techno-ag
AG
Another successful TexAgs hack.
fcag
AG
Not entirely successful...

One package now shows as "Possibly Lost" on amazon. Tracking shows it made it to Bryan and then got rerouted to Dallas.

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Update: tried the hack, out for delivery Sunday (which always makes me nervous), rerouted Monday to Dallas, showed up today.

Not sure if local carriers on Sunday, which struggle on Sundays, or what, but I received my item. Better than shipping to 77845..
theNetSmith
AG
this is like watching a time-lapse documentary of some species rapidly evolving in order to cope with threats to its natural habitat.
Post removed:
by user
benchmark
AG
For what its worth, I did attempt to ask Amazon about the discrepancy in delivery times and got no where. Canned answers only. I also filed a complaint against the supervisor at the post office and got another canned response but at least it's on the record.

Has anyone used the Amazon Locker in Bryan? Just curious.
Ronniecoleman30
AG
Just a heads up guys, used the hack a couple of times for today's delivery I got this message.

Undeliverable-person or location unknown.
Package held by carrier As delivery address incorrect. Please contact Amazon with more address information.

Package forward to a different address.

An address redirection agreement is in place with customer and carrier.

I think bryan post office is catching on.

Koko Chingo
AG
I have been shipping to my moms house in Bryan. Ordered some items yesterday morning from Amazon. At the time of the order it said they will arrive Friday. As of this morning they are out for delivery.

I should tell my mom to use her house as a psuedo Amazon locker and hold everyone stuff for $1 per delivery.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
What's the best way to file a complaint against post office?
BCStalk
How I assume that would go.

BQ_90
AG
Something broke loose today. I got packages that weren't supposed to be delivered until next Wednesday, today
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Hahaha probably true.
Counterpoint
AG
Koko Chingo said:

I have been shipping to my moms house in Bryan. Ordered some items yesterday morning from Amazon. At the time of the order it said they will arrive Friday. As of this morning they are out for delivery.

I should tell my mom to use her house as a psuedo Amazon locker and hold everyone stuff for $1 per delivery.

Genius! But also sad that a company that is supposed to provide us with fast shipping and convenient delivery requires us to change our shipping address and drive somewhere else if we need our shipments to arrive faster than 8 days from now!
I'm really curious what's the issue. It seems so strange. Back at home, I know that they used to wait a long time to ship out as they'd group up a bunch of people's orders to ship at the same time, however I don't think that seems to be the issue.
benchmark
AG
Happened to me, too. Not sure where it is - no update since 8:00 am.

Update: 12:30 am transferred to college station post office

Update: 7:10 am out for delivery
jeremyd
AG
I spent time talking to Amazon and finally got someone who understood the issue. She refunded my prime membership for the entire year and assured me the problem would be fixed. I looked up items tonight and now it's showing me delivery in 2 days again instead of in 6-7 days. So it would appear to be fixed...maybe.
Koko Chingo
AG
Very true.

In reality if my mom tried something like that nothing would be organized, it might be worse than the post office. She would also go broke trying to feed everyone and have them stay for dinner.
mhnatt
Looks like they may have snapped out of it. I'm showing deliveries on almost all items placed tonight (11:30pm so Friday) for a delivery Monday. Not quite 2-day yet, but close enough.
Koko Chingo
AG
jeremyd said:

I spent time talking to Amazon and finally got someone who understood the issue. She refunded my prime membership for the entire year and assured me the problem would be fixed. I looked up items tonight and now it's showing me delivery in 2 days again instead of in 6-7 days. So it would appear to be fixed...maybe.

This implies the problem is with Amazon versus the post office.
Tailgate88
AG
So here is a new twist. This morning I got notification from Amazon that my returns (two of them) had been processed. Except...I didn't return anything. They were in shipment and I was awaiting delivery. But apparently they got sent back to Amazon so they refunded my money.

Uh, thanks. But I kinda needed that stuff....
theNetSmith
AG
damn.. that sucks, man
lockett93
AG
Koko Chingo said:

This implies the problem is with Amazon versus the post office.

I had the same thought. Since the packages weren't leaving Amazon for days when using 77845 it seemed like a glitch on their end the whole time. I ordered two shipments today that were back to regular times.

Dear USPS of CS,

I apologize for blaming you if it wasn't your fault.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.