Amazon prime deliveries to CS

37,785 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MiMi
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txyaloo said:

Has anyone emailed jeff@amazon.com to complain? Bezos actually reads some of the messages. For ones he doesn't read, it goes to executive escalations who are quite a bit more helpful than normal support there. I've had to use it a few times when I was getting no where with normal customer service
Email sent!
nought
AG
An update -- as I said above, I placed an order Wednesday morning, intentionally putting '77802' as the zip code instead of my real zip code of 77845 because when I had the 77845 zip code, it estimated delivery as 8 days away.

The package left Amazon at 1:16am Thursday morning from Amazon's Humble warehouse. It was scanned in Bryan at 5:12am Thursday. At 11:48am, the Bryan post office realized it was in the wrong zip code and re-routed it to College Station. It arrived at the College Station facility at 12:15am this morning. It is now out for delivery, and I expect to receive it later today.

I'll take 2 day delivery over 8 day delivery anytime. It is sad that this ends up costing the postal service more time and money, but if they'd get their act together and figure out how to coordinate with Amazon to get packages into 77845 more timely, I wouldn't have to resort to messing with their system.
Brazos1865
AG
Wow, so putting in an incorrect zip code will get your package delivered in two days. Me using a correct zip code to 77808 and the package sits and never ships for 7-14 days. I'm more confused than ever...
theNetSmith
AG
the item I ordered from Amazon almost 2 weeks ago was a swimming pool-related gadget that I didn't expect to easily find locally. in spite of that, I asked about it at The Pool Guy yesterday when I stopped by to drop off some water for analysis, and they actually carried what I was looking for. it was a sweet "shop local" victory. tho it was $2-3 more expensive than the one I had ordered, it was obviously worth paying a little extra to actually receive it.

remembered this morning to go back and cancel the Amazon order. of course, it hadn't shipped yet.
Tailgate88
AG
I can confirm emails sent to jeff@amazon.com will be received and at least in my case, replied to. I heard back from a guy on his team who is an Aggie grad '89. Nice guy, but unfortunately was not very helpful.

I'm sorry to hear that deliveries are making it to Bryan (I'm assuming) with no issues yet College Station deliveries are delayed. If there were a way I could fix this directly for you, believe me I would!

I realized I did not do a very good job of explaining the issue so I replied with screen shots showing the nine day delivery to 77845 and two day delivery to 77802. We'll see if he responds.

But, I encourage everyone to email that address. Maybe more communications on the same problem will get their attention.

lockett93
AG
delivery times you wrote seem to be backwards.

77845 is 9 days and 77802 is 2 days, in case you emailed it to him backwards. Might confuse them!
mtec
I hope I don't ruin this for the people who suggested/discovered it (and myself) but an update on my order.... delivered last night after 5pm! With the wrong 77802 zip code, I had an estimate of Friday. I got it a day early. I ordered on Wednesday, 9/15, so two day shipping successful. Originally, the exact same item with my real zip code of 77801, there was no estimate or end in sight and they said I'd get an email when it was ready to ship. Thanks to the poster above for the hack.
BCS-Ag
It worked for me as well! Putting a Bryan zip code, changed it from a 7-plus Day delivery to a 2-day delivery, though it actually took 3 days because of the transition from Bryn to College Station Post offices.
jeffk
AG
I swear, if y'all somehow gum up the delivery service to us up here in 77803, I will drive down there and put local election yard signs in every one of your yards.
MemphisAg1
AG
So I'm temporarily back in my Atlanta apartment for two weeks before heading back to Texas. Discovered I needed a few things and jumped on Amazon to order them. Prime deliveries are arriving within two days, or sooner. Just like it should be with Amazon.

The issue isn't Amazon. It's the CS Post Office.
txyaloo
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

So I'm temporarily back in my Atlanta apartment for two weeks before heading back to Texas. Discovered I needed a few things and jumped on Amazon to order them. Prime deliveries are arriving within two days, or sooner. Just like it should be with Amazon.

If Amazon is delaying deliveries to the post office on purpose, the issue is with Amazon. At least get the package in the post office's hands.

The post office only does last mile deliveries for Amazon. Amazon drops everything off there directly from their distribution centers. If you follow any of the tracking, it's Amazon taking 4-5 days to get it from the local distribution center or to drive it in from somewhere more remote. Then the PO is taking the last 1-2 days to deliver it
MiMi
S
Quote:

If you follow any of the tracking, it's Amazon taking 4-5 days to get it from the local distribution center or to drive it in from somewhere more remote. Then the PO is taking the last 1-2 days to deliver it
My question is - why the delay in shipping an item that is destined for CS? It appears that if it is being shipped to Bryan, it leaves Amazon promptly. Heading to CS, then Amazon sits on it for days. Why? My guess is that CSPO is somehow causing the shipping delays from Amazon. It's the how that I can't figure out.
Post removed:
by user
mhnatt
txyaloo said:

Amazon is delaying deliveries to the post office on purpose, the issue is with Amazon. At least get the package in the post office's hands.

The issue *is the CSPO*. They are overwhelmed/short handed and have not the space even if they could handle it and thus have instructed Amazon to back off until they can get things moving better (says the employee at the PO when I asked). Regardless, Amazon should have a short fix which would be to keep the packages rolling with UPS/FedEx until the CSPO gets "their problem" under control.

I don't understand how hard it is to just let the darn package stay with private industry while government sorts out their efficiency shortcomings.
Tailgate88
AG
Thanks, fixed. My email to Amazon was correct. My post was backasswards.
MemphisAg1
AG
txyaloo said:

MemphisAg1 said:

If Amazon is delaying deliveries to the post office on purpose, the issue is with Amazon. At least get the package in the post office's hands.

The post office only does last mile deliveries for Amazon. Amazon drops everything off there directly from their distribution centers. If you follow any of the tracking, it's Amazon taking 4-5 days to get it from the local distribution center or to drive it in from somewhere more remote. Then the PO is taking the last 1-2 days to deliver it
If it were just that data point, maybe so. But I also forwarded all my mail from ATL to CS when I started working from home in March. Just last week 50 pieces showed up on one day that were clearly forwarded from ATL in May and June but sat in the CS post office for 3+ months. That's got nothing to do with Amazon. The common theme here is the CS post office.
Aggieland Proud
AG
You guys are correct. I should have never doubted you. Don't care if it's the CS Post office or who it is, I'm pi$$ed now.

Tried to order a small item with cost of $17 this morning. Amazon delivery to 77845 would not be until 9/27, a whole week. Checked Walmart but they were going to add a $6 shipping fee since under $30. Changed my Amazon delivery to relative's home in Brenham and it's to be delivered tomorrow. We are now going to visit the relatives tomorrow to get my item.

And I just renewed my Amazon Prime the end of August. I really do deserve a refund!!
doubledog
This may be extreme, but one could ship from Amazon to the UPS store in Bryan (77802 zip). I am sure you can "rent" a box there.
AgResearch
AG
Watch Amazon magically get a distribution center built in the area.
rc_cat
The only amazon lockers in town are at the Tejas Center - but when I checked into using them, I was unable to because they were full. The next closest were in Navasota - but they were full too. Are deliveries to the lockers handled differently than ones to residences? If so, maybe Amazon needs to add more lockers to B/CS.
Counterpoint
AG
I used the "Texags Hack" and received my order one day later than Amazon said it would arrive...which was still 5 days earlier than it would have arrived with the correct zip. Thanks everyone!
Muzzleblast

Got an update from Amazon.

Ordered 15 September with Prime Shipping it will take 47 days.....maybe.

Says "expected".

techno-ag
AG
Must be an out of stock item.
Muzzleblast
Didn't say that when I ordered it.

Amazon is really struggling these days.
UmustBKidding
Third party item, no telling if you ever will get it.
Muzzleblast
Playing defense I got some from Walmart.com.

They are much better than Amazon just now.
trouble
AG
But you didn't buy it from Amazon. You bought it from a third party seller through their site. The same thing can happen from Wal-Mart.
Tookieclothespin
AG
I've done two walmart.com orders and they've both beat amazon by at least 5 days and with lower prices. To meet the $35 min for free shipping, I just add a few grocery items that were on my list for that week anyways. Easy.
Muzzleblast
User name checks out.....
threecatcorner
If you put a wrong zip code, do you ever change it or is the post office, UPS, etc. fixing it themselves? The last few things we got were delivered by either UPS or FedEx, not the post office.
armymom
Saturday I ordered my monthly supply of dog supplements from Amazon that I usually get in 1-2 days. For my 77845 address delivery would be 27 Sept. So I tried the TexAgs hack of changing my zip to 77802. It changed the delivery to the 21st and I just got a text that it was delivered. CSPO is a joke.
Counterpoint
AG
I used the hack again, and this time it got here exactly when Amazon said it would...didn't even have to wait the extra day for the Bryan PO to send it to CS.
Counterpoint
AG
threecatcorner said:

If you put a wrong zip code, do you ever change it or is the post office, UPS, etc. fixing it themselves? The last few things we got were delivered by either UPS or FedEx, not the post office.
When mine were delivered, the zip code was crossed out by hand with a pen and they had written "wrong zip" on it. That's the only "change" that has been made.
theNetSmith
AG
How long before someone from the Bryan post office signs on here to complain about all the extra work y'all are making them do?
trouble
AG
Or they just send them back to North Houston to be rerouted?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.